ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #1711
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
How does KTM's tubeless system work with the spokes??
I posted an explanation and some pics earlier in the thread, have a look.

Same system the 690 SMC and Husaberg FS570 have been using for a while, it's a rim with a special dish and a tight rubber band over it like Pebble said.
__________________
RTW trip blog: https://www.facebook.com/AroundTheWorldWithLukasM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #1712
baltpari
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greece - Athens
Oddometer: 32
more white makes it better...

baltpari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #1713
KN76
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KN76's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post
I see that the right side engine case (clutch cover) says "LC8".

The pix I've seen of the 1290 Super Duke say the same thing.

So is it a punched out LC8 or an RC8?
The engine is LC8 the bike is RC8!
I try to attach a pic from a RC8 bike...
KN76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #1714
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sumi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hungary
Oddometer: 1,556
It used to be RC8 (for the rc8 bike) in the early stages.. But nowdays they all have the LC8 sign (even the rc8 bikes engine)

__________________
2005.5 950 Adventure (with 265mm travel suspension)
Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #1715
6USMC6
R.I.P. Party Boss
 
6USMC6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: The "Upper" Valley of the Shenandoah.
Oddometer: 4,322
The engine in the photo has "RC8" on it (like the half dozen I've seen). Is that an "older" pix?
__________________
Mike -

"For those who fight for it life has a flavor the protected never know."
USMC 65-68 RVN 66-67
6USMC6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #1716
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer
 
SCflyer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Back in NC
Oddometer: 1,561
Will probably have to wait a bit til its out and can check out microfiche but wonder if the LED turnsignals would be easy plug and play for the 990?

[/QUOTE]
__________________
"Not all those who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
SCflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #1717
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
umitc's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Istanbul
Oddometer: 317
Could you see where the cooling fan is; which direction it blows? Due to the my left leg vein problem, the 990's fan and heat was my nightmare during our summers.
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #1718
TCN
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Saudi Arabia
Oddometer: 7
1190 or 1190R?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Unfortunately it is not always that simple - manufacturers will often look at individual markets and 'flex' prices to the positions that they believe particular markets will bear. For instance a H-D part retailing for US$ 100 will often sell for 100 (inc tax) over this side of the pond !!

Import duties may differ from country to country as well.
Hi Pebble, I am new here on this website. I have put down a (refundable) deposit for an 1190 in Australia and was wondering what your thoughts on the pros/cons of the 2 bikes were. I plan to use mine mostly for touring but in Aus, especially where I live once you head away from the motorways the roads can get a little agricultural. I am not planning hardcore off-roading with the bike, just the odd dirt track. I have a 450 EXC (best bike ever!!!) for my off-road kicks. For various reasons (injuries etc) comfort is very important to me and I wonder if you thought there was going to be much difference in comfort level and whether there was any significant ergonomic difference between the bikes. I am 185cm (6" 1') and 96kg. I have time to switch my purchase to an 1190R but at the moment gut feeling is the 1190 base model with the electronic suspension package.

Thoughts and advice from those that have seen and sat on the bikes would be appreciated.

Anyone know when the first bikes will hit Aus/NZ?
TCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #1719
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sumi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hungary
Oddometer: 1,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6USMC6 View Post
The engine in the photo has "RC8" on it (like the half dozen I've seen). Is that an "older" pix?
Quote:
It used to be RC8 (for the rc8 bike) in the early stages.. But nowdays they all have the LC8 sign (even the rc8 bikes engine)
^^ So yes, it's an older pic:)
__________________
2005.5 950 Adventure (with 265mm travel suspension)
Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #1720
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 732
Anyone know of the alternator output on these bikes?
Hoping it's well enough for electric goodies, heated gear, etc.
Thanks.
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
05' Husqvarna TE510 (yeller and blue)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #1721
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
umitc's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Istanbul
Oddometer: 317
Good question.
:-)))
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #1722
slidewayes
slidewayes
 
slidewayes's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: HESPERIA CA
Oddometer: 415
I had not noticed the swingarm tell now, like the duke
slidewayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #1723
Pete640
I hate sand.......
 
Pete640's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Sanding something in the shed...
Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCN View Post
Hi Pebble, I am new here on this website. I have put down a (refundable) deposit for an 1190 in Australia and was wondering what your thoughts on the pros/cons of the 2 bikes were. I plan to use mine mostly for touring but in Aus, especially where I live once you head away from the motorways the roads can get a little agricultural. I am not planning hardcore off-roading with the bike, just the odd dirt track. I have a 450 EXC (best bike ever!!!) for my off-road kicks. For various reasons (injuries etc) comfort is very important to me and I wonder if you thought there was going to be much difference in comfort level and whether there was any significant ergonomic difference between the bikes. I am 185cm (6" 1') and 96kg. I have time to switch my purchase to an 1190R but at the moment gut feeling is the 1190 base model with the electronic suspension package.

Thoughts and advice from those that have seen and sat on the bikes would be appreciated.

Anyone know when the first bikes will hit Aus/NZ?

My local dealer manager said he would have them in Feb 2013 so I'd expect that's the same the island over
Any idea what's the damage for the Akra?? Oh and is the R suspension the same as the current 990 as in could I swap my current suspension in?
__________________
Pete
For those who sit at home and dream-let them...Meoni

Pete640 screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 07:47 AM
Pete640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #1724
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!
 
Flanny's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the World, the Universe
Oddometer: 2,738
I wish the 1290 LOOKED half as sexy as this.

Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #1725
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
umitc's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Istanbul
Oddometer: 317
1290 super duke?
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014