Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Alex_V OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Siberia trip on URAL, and would like to get more info how to market it to magazins

It looks like the next big trip is starting to take shape. I would love to make a documentary and perhaps write some articles for bike magazines. So here is a little background, trip planning, and asking for ideas how to make it all happen...

Having done two cross country trips in US,

and a two month trip across Mexico it's time to step it up.

The next big thing was going to be a SA trip, but that was pushed over in favor of a trip in the heart of Siberia. This time approach is a little different. My dear girlfriend got me an 1988 Ural side car rig that is waiting for me to fly to Novosibirsk and head North East towards Yakutia region. Map is still in process of being worked out.

Bike was a barn find but with low miles and in relatively good condition. Last trip over I was able to get it started and test rode it a little, but it needs some work.

My GF's father will help get the bike straightened out to be road worthy.

Taking time off my job was sorted out when my boss gave me a green light to take a month off. Thanks to the team at Definition 6, we rock some great online marketing projects (http://www.definition6.com/)

So far the plan is to get the bike prepped, find another Ural for my buddy Mark and his wife Jill (the usual suspects), and prep the support 4X4 vehicle to accommodate us in travel. Natashas car should do pretty good, it's an older diesel 4x4.

My personal plans are to upgrade my camera equipment of full frame EX Nikon setup, and rig up more helmet cams. Get more camping gear. Winch for 4x4 diesel Isuzu Trooper, which is actually y called BigHorn in Japan. BTW: right side wheel cars are really strange to drive. Kept turning on windshield wipers instead of blinkers.

So that is the plan overall. Question is this: anyone has contacts in bike magazines or gear manufacturers? I can swing it all on my own, but would love to get some support or sponsorship. In return I would be doing a full blog, semi professional photography, and an interesting adventure. Would love to get bike magazines to publish articles or to get Ural to sponsor us as a brand.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any doors that I can knock on?

Thanks

Alex

Alex_V screwed with this post 11-18-2012 at 03:47 PM
Alex_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Most all of the mags have a link to their editorial guidelines on their contact page. Hunt around a bit, and you'll find them.

Say hello, and tell the editors what you think you could offer. A communication started...
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Alex_V OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
Most all of the mags have a link to their editorial guidelines on their contact page. Hunt around a bit, and you'll find them.

Say hello, and tell the editors what you think you could offer. A communication started...
Good start, thanks
Alex_V is offline   Reply With Quote