Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #31
PatrickM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Paul at Highway Dirt Bikes has been extremely responsive and customer oriented!

It does look like the bar ends changed on the 2013 models (F800GS at least, and probably the F700GS also), and he was able to cut new bar ends which fit perfectly, along with the hand guards (a new pair) that has a shallower counter sunk screw for the bar ends.

I have both, the prior model and newer updated version, and will try to get some pictures up in a day or so so folks can see the difference.

So you won't be able to use prior versions of various hand guards because of the handlebar end (re)design.

Some pictures...

First up are the differences for the new 2013 model. The new setup is on the left, the prior revision is on the right. Notice the countersinking difference, along with the difference in bar ends.

DSC_0254

Bar end for the new 2013, so if you're shopping for hand guards, keep this in mind

DSC_0250

When the bar ends do mount up, they leave a nice flush face for the handguards themselves

DSC_0252

Of course some folks are concerned about smacking the windscreen with them installed, at full lock this is what you have, tighter clearance on the right, but no touching

DSC_0269DSC_0267

All in all, pretty solid piece of engineering. Well worth it!

DSC_0245

DSC_0259

PatrickM screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 10:40 PM Reason: Adding pictures
PatrickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #32
EPMD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Barkbusters

I have the Barkbuster VPS guys on mine now and they seem to work pretty well. Standard fare though - nothing exceptional but work as designed and intended.

They did fit up easy and they do have a strong aluminum backbone (compared to the all-plastic contruction of TT guards...)

I also have HDB handguards with flipout mirrors on my FE570S and they are fuggin awesome too.

I would get either again without hesitation.
EPMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
PenultimateMan
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 54
HDB Side Protection and Wind Deflection?

I understand why everyone likes the strength and resilience of the HDB guards, but they don't look as if they offer nearly as much side or top protection from wind as the Barkbuster Storms. Any word or review on that from anyone? And am I understanding correctly that the HDBs can be fitted to the stock bar-ends even on the 2013s?

But I got laid off.
PenultimateMan is offline   Reply With Quote