ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #15826
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
What a shitty experience with the impound lot I'm having.

I went to retrieve a bike and the cunt working there had such a bad attitude. Now, I was planning on pushing the bike down the block to a friend shop, literally just a 1\4 mile away.

She refused, I said no problem, I can put it in a van or pick up from the shop or come right back with a motorcycle trailer. Again, Absolutely not. It can only be released to an authorized tow vehicle with a medallion.

This is news to me, I called a few motorcycle shops in the area who also do towing and asked if they ever picked up bikes from this impound, they all said of course, they do it all the time. I then asked if their tow vehicles had a medallion on them. Huh, no, we put it in a pick up \ van \ trailer.

So I asked again and mentioned this to them. The cunt said that's not true and to stop wasting her time. Even though I know for a fact that Motorgrrl has picked up numerous bikes from them and so have I a few years ago using my trailer in a bag albeit for other peoples bikes.

Now, I understand she is probably dealing with angry and irate people all day who are probably yelling and cursing at her. But I was pretty cordial, I simply asked why and asked for something written that states that I need an authorized vehicle.

Spent an hour trying to figure something out, no luck, so this morning I called the NYC marshall's office, and told them the situation and they called the tow yard and told them to release the vehicle to me.

So if you guys ever get towed, make sure that the paperwork you get to release the vehicle also indicates for them to release it to you.

Now, anyone around Williamsburg have a few minutes to spare with a pick up or van and ramps that can do me a favor? The bike is literally going just 1\4 mile away.

My car is in the shop and my trailer is sitting on long island waiting to be picked up so I can't do it myself.
Great to know, thanks for sharing.

If you decide to sell the TIAB let me know.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #15827
Chickenstrip
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Another great temporary fix is using toothpaste, let it sit on the inner shield for an hour before taking it off, Your shield will remain fog free for a few weeks, maybe a month.
Won't this lead to a scratched visor?
Chickenstrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #15828
Chickenstrip
Gnarly Adventurer

Leaky valve stem

Hi y'all,

While checking the psi on my tires I discovered that the front valve is slowly leaking air. I tried to remove any potential dirt in there with the hopes that the leak would stop, but no go. I'm wondering if I can simply replace the valve itself (as opposed to the whole stem), and if bike valves are the same as car valves (so that I might pick up a new one at the auto parts store), anyone know?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #15829
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
I like your tailgate idea, let me know when you would like to do this. I'll be leaving next week for an extended period of time so I have roughly the next 7 days.
Hey Eddie,

Got your VM, I'll let you know if we go out this weekend or not.

Thanks,

John
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #15830
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenstrip View Post
Hi y'all,

While checking the psi on my tires I discovered that the front valve is slowly leaking air. I tried to remove any potential dirt in there with the hopes that the leak would stop, but no go. I'm wondering if I can simply replace the valve itself (as opposed to the whole stem), and if bike valves are the same as car valves (so that I might pick up a new one at the auto parts store), anyone know?

Thanks
Yes you can, you can get them at any autoparts store. I don't have my bike with me today if not I'd give you one of my spares. You also need the tool to remove/install it or you can used a valve cap that has the tool built in to it.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/3...514135948.html
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #15831
Chickenstrip
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
Yes you can, you can get them at any autoparts store. I don't have my bike with me today if not I'd give you one of my spares. You also need the tool to remove/install it or you can used a valve cap that has the tool built in to it.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/3...514135948.html

Thanks TJ!

I bought a valve remover ... now can I find it? Fortunately the leak is so slow that even after several days it's lost only a few psi. Off to the parts store I go.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #15832
rider257
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
Hey Eddie,

Got your VM, I'll let you know if we go out this weekend or not.

Thanks,

John
Hey guys,

If you all go please shoot me a message. I have been wanting to go and help out. I would be happy to bring coals, burgers wtv we need for for the people.

Cheers
rider257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #15833
robfilms
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
1st time going from bronx to bear mountain-yeah!

after being away from motorcycles for 37 years, i'm finally spending some time on my 2006 kawa z750s.

this afternoon took a long-ride-for-me and went from the bronx up to bear mountain via the tappen zee bridge and the palisades parkway.

it was a lovely afternoon to ride.

yippee.

be well.

rob
robfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #15834
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post

after being away from motorcycles for 37 years, i'm finally spending some time on my 2006 kawa z750s.

this afternoon took a long-ride-for-me and went from the bronx up to bear mountain via the tappen zee bridge and the palisades parkway.

it was a lovely afternoon to ride.

yippee.

be well.

rob

Hey Rob -- PM me if you ever have a weekday off, and want to go a'riding. I've got a GPS full of fun routes!

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #15835
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Top Case, anyone?

I'm selling my Givi! Anyone interested?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842205

Old 11-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #15836
BDKrivit
Kriv

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Hey Rob -- PM me if you ever have a weekday off, and want to go a'riding. I've got a GPS full of fun routes!
+1; I can show you Old Mine Rd, America's oldest commercial road and 40 miles of uninterrupted countryside; or close by is Seven Lakes Dr in Harriman State Park next to Bear Mtn. I am free most weekdays, earlier is better.
2013 Nutmeg 400
2014 Nutmeg 400
BDKrivit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #15837
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKrivit View Post
+1; I can show you Old Mine Rd, America's oldest commercial road and 40 miles of uninterrupted countryside; or close by is Seven Lakes Dr in Harriman State Park next to Bear Mtn. I am free most weekdays, earlier is better.
I discovered it quite by accident one day. Another gem is Angola Rd (CO 9)
off 9W by Storm King St Park.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #15838
dinocarsfast
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Has anyone else ever had to puke while riding a mc?

Last night I was riding home on the FRD and suddenly I my stomach started to twist and I knew I was going to puke.
I then had to ride about a mile to the next exit cause I didnt want to stop on the FDR, I was affraid that I was going to chuck in my helmet. But I made it to 96th st and as soon as I took my helmet off at the beginning of the offramp my diner came out, I didnt even get off my bike, I even got the splatter on my pants smh
dinocarsfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #15839
z0ne
~santoku samuri~

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinocarsfast View Post

Last night I was riding home on the FRD and suddenly I my stomach started to twist and I knew I was going to puke.
I then had to ride about a mile to the next exit cause I didnt want to stop on the FDR, I was affraid that I was going to chuck in my helmet. But I made it to 96th st and as soon as I took my helmet off at the beginning of the offramp my diner came out, I didnt even get off my bike, I even got the splatter on my pants smh
HA! Oh, man, I've never had to puke while riding. I have had the wind knocked out of me on an ATV once. I guess that's what over-exuberance & 17yrs old gets ya...

I'm glad you were able to get off before you got your visor smeared with your dinner. I've been sick for the past 48hrs & can only look at my MC outside of my apt window. Winter sucks :(

'93 CB750
z0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #15840
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinocarsfast View Post

Maybe you're pregnant?