xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #3032
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Please, tell more! Do you have pictures?
will post soon as I get it....this week I think....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #3033
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
A late arriving center nut for my rekluse clutch forced my Honda 450 out of being able to race the final round of the SORCS Harescramble at AmpMX in Alabama this weekend. Well.....I do have the Husaberg!

I am big and slow and not very good at racing. My friends are pretty good and I enjoy hanging out with them and meeting new folks that ride so I go.

I still have the stock six days tires on there and it is pretty worn. Didn't have time to replace them. Did get the plate and turn signal off while installing my Honda's bark busters. The bike initially ran great. Felt smooth and controllable through the tight woods and was able to take some bigger hits on the MX track. It started to over heat on the second lap, approximately on the 10th mile or so, and started getting very jerky. The constant on/off gave me some horrible arm pump. Shortly after that a tree jumped out in front of me and I banged my shoulder pretty good. I figured that was enough for me and I didn't want to hurt the bike running it hot. I slowly finished my lap and watched everyone else flying around the MX track.

Some things I learned;

-This thing does not feel like a 570! It got thru the tight stuff just as easy if not easier then my 450.
-the hydraulic clutch is super sweet and oh so smooth. Don't believe I would ever need a rekluse for this bike!
-Should have put the fan kit on it. I thought it was going to be colder than it was. It does overheat in tight woods single track.
-Better tires would have made a big difference.
-Smooth throttle from the EFI (before it started overheating) made my lack of tire manageable.

All in all have a ton of fun and learned a lot about my bike. I am still going to keep my crf450r as my woods race bike so I can hammer on it and not feel bad. The Husaberg almost had me convinced to sell the Honda but I think I would rather keep the Berg dedicated to to trails and dual sporting.

And thanks to Josh at www.88fotos.com I have a great picture to remind me of my Husaberg hare scramble race! Proof that a street legal, big bore Berg can get a 6'6", 260lbs chubby boy up in the air!

RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #3034
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,637
Nice air!

The more you ride the Berg "hard", the more you'll realize how fun and relaxing it is.

I can spend a full hard day on my Berg before running out of steam.. Whereas, a few hours on my WR450F would wipe me out. It's the strangest thing....in a wonderful way. But then, mine is the magical 390.

Personally, I think your Honda is in trouble...

HF.
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #3035
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,782
The 390 is perfect for that though, letting you walk away ready for the next ride without arm pump and worn out.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #3036
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Still have to ride the Berg and Honda back to back to see which does better for racing. The Honda is paid for and has enough hours that it won't really depreciate if I double the hours. I can hammer on it all I want. I kinda wanna keep the husaberg fresh for my adventures.

KTMworld did have a couple of really cheap 390's on the floor that tempted me. I would love to have a 390 race bike and a 570 adv bike. Just can't afford that right now. Maybe when I pick up a third job! Lol.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #3037
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,501
Quote:
Still have to ride the Berg and Honda back to back to see which does better for racing. The Honda is paid for and has enough hours that it won't really depreciate if I double the hours. I can hammer on it all I want. I kinda wanna keep the husaberg fresh for my adventures.

KTMworld did have a couple of really cheap 390's on the floor that tempted me. I would love to have a 390 race bike and a 570 adv bike. Just can't afford that right now. Maybe when I pick up a third job! Lol.
If only they would plate a 390, I might have picked up one of those at KTMWorld...

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #3038
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,060
Anyone wanna trade a 570 for a 690?

I don't know if this is appropriate to post in this thread, but I just put up a brand new (1 mile) KTM 690 enduro in the flea market and was wondering if anyone was interested in trading a 570 for it?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post20089152
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #3039
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
If only they would plate a 390, I might have picked up one of those at KTMWorld...
Where there is a will there is a way! Mine is plated .
Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #3040
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Now the berg is my sole bike i've been planning to make some mods to make it better for me mainly auxilliary lights, heated grips and a power outlet for my gps. As with all my plans they dont quite go as smooth as expected i started off getting a hdb top clamp with holes for two switches and the heated grip rocker switch, however as i have my bars in the forward setting and with bar risers this meant i couldn't see the clocks and warning lights which contributed to my running out of petrol one fine day so that had to come off. After a lot of thinking, browsing and chatting with Paul at HDB i got him to tweak one of his adv clamps and bought a billet comp protector. They arrived earlier this week and i've started the install process. This was what i've got from Paul:

IMG00173-20121120-1601

my plan is warning lights in the top half, two switches for aux lights and two switches for the heated grips in the bottom (paul couldnt do me a special with a rocker switch hole in bottom section in the time i wanted to get this done).

Have got this far at the moment:

IMG00174-20121120-2138

i've run a single cable up from the battery to the headstock, my plan is to run this into a fuzeblock to distribute the power from there. I'm hoping that with the comp protector mounted on top of the top clamp and raised up by the bar risers this will leave enough space underneath for the fuzeblock ...... we will see

for my aux lights i've got a rigid industries srm2 flood to start me off and will see how that works before deciding on if i need a second unit. My requirements are not as serious as others may be ... i just want to get home at the end of the day

i'll update as i make progress
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #3041
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
Where there is a will there is a way! Mine is plated .
Georgia is very difficult to plate off road bikes. One of the reasons why I bought a new, factory street legal bike.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #3042
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
Now the berg is my sole bike i've been planning to make some mods to make it better for me mainly auxilliary lights, heated grips and a power outlet for my gps. As with all my plans they dont quite go as smooth as expected i started off getting a hdb top clamp with holes for two switches and the heated grip rocker switch, however as i have my bars in the forward setting and with bar risers this meant i couldn't see the clocks and warning lights which contributed to my running out of petrol one fine day so that had to come off. After a lot of thinking, browsing and chatting with Paul at HDB i got him to tweak one of his adv clamps and bought a billet comp protector. They arrived earlier this week and i've started the install process.
i've run a single cable up from the battery to the headstock, my plan is to run this into a fuzeblock to distribute the power from there. I'm hoping that with the comp protector mounted on top of the top clamp and raised up by the bar risers this will leave enough space underneath for the fuzeblock ...... we will see

for my aux lights i've got a rigid industries srm2 flood to start me off and will see how that works before deciding on if i need a second unit. My requirements are not as serious as others may be ... i just want to get home at the end of the day

You have impeccable timing with the photos and post! I just yesterday ordered a HDB ignition key bracket to relocate the key on my 570 that's hitting the Safari tank and am considering the computer bracket just like you're setting up. I too will be adding some lighting to compliment my HID headlight soon to my bike after my recent experience trail riding at night in Baja.
I'm thinking I will add the HDB turn signals that I already have off my last bike to the Husa and use the OEM signal mounts for some small LED lights either from Rigid, or Baja Designs. (flashers from HDB needed to use the signals on our bikes also ordered)Where are you putting your lights?
My bars are raised up about 2" with a Scott's submount and some risers, was wondering if there's going to be enough slack in the wires on all the OEM indicator lights and for the computer. How high are your bars raised?
I like your plan, was thinking something along those lines and will be interested in seeing your location of a fuse block too.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #3043
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
Now the berg is my sole bike i've been planning to make some mods to make it better for me mainly auxilliary lights, heated grips and a power outlet for my gps. As with all my plans they dont quite go as smooth as expected i started off getting a hdb top clamp with holes for two switches and the heated grip rocker switch, however as i have my bars in the forward setting and with bar risers this meant i couldn't see the clocks and warning lights which contributed to my running out of petrol one fine day so that had to come off. After a lot of thinking, browsing and chatting with Paul at HDB i got him to tweak one of his adv clamps and bought a billet comp protector. They arrived earlier this week and i've started the install process. This was what i've got from Paul:

IMG00173-20121120-1601
Frosty, nice setup. Can you tell me how much that package above weighs? HDB stuff looks great but I've always wondered how much weight it adds to the front.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #3044
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Georgia is very difficult to plate off road bikes. One of the reasons why I bought a new, factory street legal bike.
Check the laws in your surrounding states. NY has no provisions to convert a dirt bike to a dual sport, but there is always a way.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #3045
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
My bars are raised up about 2" with a Scott's submount and some risers, was wondering if there's going to be enough slack in the wires on all the OEM indicator lights and for the computer. How high are your bars raised?
I like your plan, was thinking something along those lines and will be interested in seeing your location of a fuse block too.
I have the HDB top clamp and computer protector but used the one that had 4 holes for the lights built in. I have 2 1/2" risers and I had to extend 3 of the 4 wires for the indicators. 1 just barely and 2 a couple of inches. The computer had plenty of room.