Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #31
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,283
I once put $1K down on an orange bike in late Jan hoping I would get it sometime that spring. (the dealer was 50 miles from me) Five months later, after a phone call or 50, he still had no idea when he would get the bike.

A dealer 200 miles away got one in stock and I went and got it. The dealer did give me my deposit back, but never really gave me a reason as to why he couldn't put his hands on the bike.

I think the 13 GSs are going to be hot. At least they were not charging you $4K+ "market value adjustment" like the HD dealers were for 20+ years. It was either pay extra at the Taj Mahal dealers or get on the waiting list at the regular dealers.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #32
fabiox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Adventure times

you will have fun anyway with a Tenere or GSA.

just ride

fabiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #33
Poway
SHED (Shit Head)

Oddometer: 405
Seriously?

Test drive the Tenere. I did. It's not in the same league as my 1999 GS1100. The current GSA is the finest dual sport available.. The Tenere is a nice bike like the Kia, is a nice car.
Poway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #34
DSTEVENS OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiox View Post
you will have fun anyway with a Tenere or GSA.

just ride

My problem exactly, Fabiox I havent been riding so a freind loaned me an 08 Scrambler and other than a little small for me its actually fun to ride. All this talk about GSAs is making me want one even more. I am calling about my deposit tomorrow AM . D.
DSTEVENS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #35
PNWRR
Carlos Anger

Oddometer: 723
it's still 2012 FFS
PNWRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #36
DSTEVENS OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OK I rode Tenere and after about 30 miles I was dissapointed in seat,bars and it seemed underpowered off the line, otherwise a good all around bike. My 2008 DL650 was a good all around bike relatively comfortable and economical and a good on gravel roads and trails. That being said, I still want a GSA, so I told my salesman I was moving and tired of waiting, and they could not give me a delivery date on my replacement bike, so I no longer wanted the bike.
I called Lone Star BMW in Austin Texas just to see what they had and they have my exact bike, options and all on the floor, priced less with first service free to boot. Next week I should be picking it up. I am ashamed of my local dealer and the way they have ignored me for 3 months and the loss of a deposit just rubs it in. I really enjoy this forum. D.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #37
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,048
the Tenere is restricted in the first three gears... a 50 cent mod takes 10 seconds to unleash it! It's remarkable how the bike comes on strong off the line once you do that.. Good luck with your new bike
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #38
DSTEVENS OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
the Tenere is restricted in the first three gears... a 50 cent mod takes 10 seconds to unleash it! It's remarkable how the bike comes on strong off the line once you do that.. Good luck with your new bike

Thank you GB, I have read alot on the Super Tenere forum and I am sure the Yamaha will be a wonderful bike, Its just that I have wanted a GSA ( for better or worse) for years, and after selling all my bikes, I am gonna get one come hell or high water. Looking forward to many trouble free miles. To all the guys and gals on here, I hope you all have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! D.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #39
BluByU
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTEVENS View Post
OK I rode Tenere and after about 30 miles I was dissapointed in seat,bars and it seemed underpowered off the line, otherwise a good all around bike. My 2008 DL650 was a good all around bike relatively comfortable and economical and a good on gravel roads and trails. That being said, I still want a GSA, so I told my salesman I was moving and tired of waiting, and they could not give me a delivery date on my replacement bike, so I no longer wanted the bike.
I called Lone Star BMW in Austin Texas just to see what they had and they have my exact bike, options and all on the floor, priced less with first service free to boot. Next week I should be picking it up. I am ashamed of my local dealer and the way they have ignored me for 3 months and the loss of a deposit just rubs it in. I really enjoy this forum. D.
make sure to take a ride by your local stealer, park it out front, say high to the salesman, look around and leave
BluByU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #40
fastgpfred
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Absolutely the right decision & you're going to LOVE your bike. That said, we're all hoping you're not letting the "local dealer" get away with not refunding your deposit!
fastgpfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #41
gr8grins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Well Done!

You're going to love your new GSA! It's a great bike and the best part is that it gets to know you while you're getting to know it. Be patient - it will start out kinda rough around the edges but it will smooth out as it wears in. It's a quirky machine with a personality all its own that becomes familiar and satisfying. You chose wisely.
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you get to pick it up sooner than you anticipate and have some great Texas weather to enjoy the bike.
Ride safely,
grins
gr8grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #42
gr8grins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgpfred View Post
Absolutely the right decision & you're going to LOVE your bike. That said, we're all hoping you're not letting the "local dealer" get away with not refunding your deposit!
Please tell me I missed something. They're not refunding your deposit?
gr8grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:38 AM   #43
DSTEVENS OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8grins View Post
Please tell me I missed something. They're not refunding your deposit?
Well not yet, I told my salesman I was moving and could not(tired of waiting) wait any longer. after I have called them myself for the last 3 months, I have realized they are kind of like the IRS, every time you talk to someone different and never get the same answer twice. Yesterday I talked to the salesman and second in command and got 2 different answers on where my bike was/is. The owners of dealership were going to be told about my predicament and the fact that I no longer wanted the bike, and I would get a call back regarding my deposit. Guess what? no call.
So, I am not gonna beg for it as I did choose to do business and make my deposit with them, but let me tell you, they are NOT someone you would want buy from. D.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:54 AM   #44
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
They should absolutely be refunding your deposit. They may give you a bunch of &*$% and tell you it will take 6 weeks to mail a refund check or some nonsense, but there's no way that it could be considered a non-refundable deposit.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #45
WindSailor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTEVENS View Post
Well not yet, I told my salesman I was moving and could not(tired of waiting) wait any longer. after I have called them myself for the last 3 months, I have realized they are kind of like the IRS, every time you talk to someone different and never get the same answer twice. Yesterday I talked to the salesman and second in command and got 2 different answers on where my bike was/is. The owners of dealership were going to be told about my predicament and the fact that I no longer wanted the bike, and I would get a call back regarding my deposit. Guess what? no call.
So, I am not gonna beg for it as I did choose to do business and make my deposit with them, but let me tell you, they are NOT someone you would want buy from. D.
See now this is something "I" would think BMW North America should be informed on. But that is just me.

Each dealership is an extension of that company, and I would hope / expect BMW to keep tabs on how the 'public front' is handled. Whether it is a maintenance / warranty issue or sales issue - it has a direct imprint on the 'facebook' value of BMW.

I firmly believe that each dealership should be able to run their own company - but - I also believe that each dealership should have standards to run a reputable shop or showroom. If they don't then it's kind of like pissing on their 'fatherland' boots - after awhile those boots are going to stink and the chastising should begin. Hopefully sooner than later.

The fact that this scenario sounds like it is repeatable... should be validation enough.

I think that if enough people report bad and 'repeatable' issues with the dealerships the better off all of us would be.
WindSailor is offline   Reply With Quote