Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #76
Manuelv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjones View Post
Thank you, Manuelv. Just one more if you don't mind... are the crash bars available nowadays compatible with the rallycomp x?

Best regards,

Arjones.

hello arjones from our information security tubular motor is compatible with the hull RallyComp X, but remains visible in the top front
Manuelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #77
arjones
Roads and Waves

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuelv View Post
hello arjones from our information security tubular motor is compatible with the hull RallyComp X, but remains visible in the top front
arjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #78
Manuelv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Side tanks for rallycomp x

Hi Hello guys
we finished the mathematical models of the two side tanks for the RallyComp X fairing. .. we have two options to choose from

12 liters Model 1

18 liters Model 2

what do you think? Which we develop?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:00 AM   #79
Sohere
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
If you take the 18l model, you can compete with the touratech tank.
But it's like you guys said on the eicma, more capacity is more weight and could result in too much weight on the front of the bike (like the touratech tank).

You said you would fix this by placing the tanks lower on the bike. So I'd go for the 18l. But then again, design has to be nice aswell.

Any sketches of the tanks?

Quote:
Hi Hello guys
we finished the mathematical models of the two side tanks for the RallyComp X fairing. .. we have two options to choose from

12 liters Model 1

18 liters Model 2

what do you think? Which we develop?
Sohere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #80
Manuelv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We have the designs of prototypes but we still do not / want to publish ...... considering the shapes of the side panels of our RalltComp X fairing ..
Old 11-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #81
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
I think 12 liters is sufficient. You get about 300km out of a regular tank, 400km if you stretch. add 12 liters you can almost double that. When will most of us ever need more? Except for the most remote locations a reach of 600km is totally fine. For most of the real world users anyway, most of them probably can do entirely without the tank. Less weight though - is always a good thing, right? Also it would be something to differentiate it from the Touratech option (if the price won't be that factor anyway).

And yeah - we need pictures!

Edit: Of course on could always argue that you don't have to entirely fill up the bigger tank... I'd still think I prefer a smaller, more slim and lightweight solution. It'd also be great if your design, other than the Touratech one, would take into consideration the air filter in a sense that you can still easily get to it.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:56 AM   #82
arjones
Roads and Waves

Laugh

+1
Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #83
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe-out View Post
I think 12 liters is sufficient. You get about 300km out of a regular tank, 400km if you stretch. add 12 liters you can almost double that. When will most of us ever need more? Except for the most remote locations a reach of 600km is totally fine. For most of the real world users anyway, most of them probably can do entirely without the tank. Less weight though - is always a good thing, right? Also it would be something to differentiate it from the Touratech option (if the price won't be that factor anyway).

Edit: Of course on could always argue that you don't have to entirely fill up the bigger tank... I'd still think I prefer a smaller, more slim and lightweight solution. It'd also be great if your design, other than the Touratech one, would take into consideration the air filter in a sense that you can still easily get to it.
I'm with you on that one. If you are running at 4l/100kms you can get 650-700 kms out of your combo. I think that's more than enough and you'll need to stop for your sore ass anyway. If someone wants more out of it they can get extra cans on their pannier system. It stays a motorcycle and not a car.

Do you think crash bars will be easy to install/ design for that new bike with the extra tank?
I think that is a good point to consider since it's nearly impossible to fit some on the TT tank.

Cheers,

Tom - Loutre
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #84
Manuelv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe-out View Post

The air filter will be covered by the original piece ... our BMW will be two separate tanks, regardless of how we choose ...
Old 11-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #85
Manuelv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
I'm with you on that one. If you are running at 4l/100kms you can get 650-700 kms out of your combo. I think that's more than enough and you'll need to stop for your sore ass anyway. If someone wants more out of it they can get extra cans on their pannier system. It stays a motorcycle and not a car.

Do you think crash bars will be easy to install/ design for that new bike with the extra tank?
I think that is a good point to consider since it's nearly impossible to fit some on the TT tank.

Cheers,

Tom - Loutre
The original BMW motor protection low you should mount the same.
If you do not think you can mount that will produce our own ...
Old 11-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #86
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The air filter will be covered by the original piece ... our BMW will be two separate tanks, regardless of how we choose ...
perfect!

Quote:
The original BMW motor protection low you should mount the same.
If you do not think you can mount that will produce our own ...
with the touratech i think the most common feedback is that you really don't need the added weight of crashbars since the tank itself is quite durable. and it's an offroad bike, if you you want to keep it pretty, well...

with the new tank the question would be how durable it really is in a crash situation. given that it will be covered by the fairings those would be impacted first and probably scratch/crack so that's one reason for crashbars if you care about this (although I managed to crack mine even with the high touratech crashbars installed, it's called talent... ). but how durable are those tanks themselves? i suppose the solution can best be compared with the original rally raid tanks for the 690, and most of those run without crash bars i think.

edit: being from germany one major requirement down the line would be tüv approval of course... it sucks sometimes, but that's the way it is.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #87
Manuelv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

edit: being from germany one major requirement down the line would be tüv approval of course... it sucks sometimes, but that's the way it is.[/QUOTE]

before Christmas 2012 we will have TUV approval
Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #88
arjones
Roads and Waves

Question 2013 bikes?

I'm sorry if this question looks like a stupid one, but are you guys taking in consideration the mods on the new model?

About the fuel thanks X crash bars discussion, have you seen the new crash bars Touratech created for the new models? I guess that design could be a solution for protection... What do adv inmates think?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #89
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

to be honest those new crashbars are the most ugliest thing I have ever seen :eek: why not put a rollcage around it?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #90
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
edit: being from germany one major requirement down the line would be tüv approval of course... it sucks sometimes, but that's the way it is.
before Christmas 2012 we will have TUV approval[/QUOTE]

for the fairings, but for the tanks?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2