Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
modernbeat OP
Jason McDaniel

Oddometer: 73
Texas Rally Sprint near Austin for motorcycles and all caged cars

I'm taking this straight off their Facebook page:

Texas will have a rally this year! This is your chance to get a taste of rally without having to travel half way across the country. And we have a format that allows for you to compete and get the full rally experience without the hassle of needing lights, tags and a state inspection. Just about any road race legal car that passes tech will be eligible to compete. We have gone to great lengths to ensure that Chumps and Lemons car can compete here. You can run with or without a codriver (under the new rally solo rules) The format also allows for multiple people to share the same car.

Thanks to NASA Rally Sport we will be running under the Rally Moto rules as well. This means motorcycle entries will be allowed. For you motorcycle riders that want to pretend for a day that you are racing across the great plains of Africa or South America (active imagination not included) this is your chance to live out you Dakar fantasy without leaving Texas. This will definitely be the most interesting Thanksgiving weekend the Texas Motorsports scene has seen in as long as I have been racing at the very least if not ever. You don't even have to miss Thanksgiving dinner with the family.

Come on out and check out the fun. Race or cheer we want you here.

http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/2...s-Rally-Sprint

We will also be hosting the Texas Rallysport rallycross #11 on Sunday at Brianne Corn Raceway. All are welcome there as well.No cage necessary for this event.

For more information go to: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
modernbeat OP
Jason McDaniel

I don't have a good video or picture of the finished course, but I do have video of the first cut of the actual course, and another video of another course that was groomed the same way.

Here is a video of the first cut of the course to show the length and terrain.

Preliminary H2R RallyCross track laps at speed w/Brianne Corn! - YouTube

Here is a video of the rallycross track nearby that shows the level of grooming and width of the track.

Frankenscooby's first lap at BCR - YouTube

Also, this requires a NASA Rally Sport license and a NASA membership. The membership is good for 356 days, but the NRS license is only good for the calendar year. To make it easier Ander Green of NRS will only be charging competitors $5 for the NRS license.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
modernbeat OP
Jason McDaniel

It's not clear from the instructions, but Motorcycle entries are half the price of car entries. Something about being twice as fun, or half the damage, or something like that. :-P
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Anders Green
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,986
We're working hard to get everything together as quickly as possible. :)

Anders
Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
It's not clear from the instructions, but Motorcycle entries are half the price of car entries. Something about being twice as fun, or half the damage, or something like that. :-P
Not enough info given to even consider it as a motorcyclist. 40 miles is not even a warmup. There are many other better options for racing offroad motorcycles in Texas than what is shown here..
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
freetors
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
And what's with the short notice?
freetors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
Anders Green
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,986
Short notice is better than no event. :)

Anders
Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetors View Post
And what's with the short notice?
+1

Please give us a good review of the event and some major heads-up for next year. Sounds like something I would have considered.

Oh yeah, and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Not enough info given to even consider it as a motorcyclist. 40 miles is not even a warmup. There are many other better options for racing offroad motorcycles in Texas than what is shown here..
From the website: "A common question has been: How many miles will the event be? Somewhere between 20-40 total miles would be a reasonable expectation."

What gives with that? $125 early entry and you get to ride 40 miles at best? Doesn't compute
Old 11-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
$125 will get me three great enduros or HS. I don't think the OP knows anything about competetive offroad motorcyclists.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post

From the website: "A common question has been: How many miles will the event be? Somewhere between 20-40 total miles would be a reasonable expectation."

What gives with that? $125 early entry and you get to ride 40 miles at best? Doesn't compute
LOL. I'm not an offroad racer but the Rally Raid route at RTB III (which wasn't supposed to be a race) was almost 300 miles and about 80% dirt. That was ran in one day.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
modernbeat OP
Jason McDaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
$125 will get me three great enduros or HS. I don't think the OP knows anything about competetive offroad motorcyclists.
I am familar with competitive offroad motorcycle events. This is another option. It's geared towards rally cars. But allowances have been made to allow motorcycles also. That is why there is a disparity between the motorcycle-only events and NASA Rally or Rallysprint events.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,623
I would love to do it on my TE 450 but not for $125.