Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
jbc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
I am looking at the kawi as there is a dealer right in my town, everyone and their mother has a Harley touring here, and I can get a new kawi for less than a used Harley here. And if I goes used vaquero, then the price is even better. As for the aftermarket, how big do you really need, I can get pipes, seats, racks a 21" front wheel kit, grips, shields, lights, intakes, tuners, etc. Really? The aftermarket point is moot.

The kawi will have no maintenance issues either. My salesman at the kawi dealer rides a Harley, and he says him and his buddies go for a ride, at least one of their harleys is sure to be on the side of the road fixing something.

So on to either order a new orange or find a left over green or blue vaquero in the states.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2
Depending on how far you are willing to go, the dealer in Erie Pa. USA (extreme northwest pa, on lake erie) had two leftover 2012's. One green and one blue last I checked. I think they would be willing to really move on price being the end of the season and the fact that the 2013's in the US are a badass satin black and will most likely be very popular. The dealer website is offroaderie.com
jbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
kojack OP
My bikes Suck!

Oddometer: 891
thanks....will check them out for sure....the new ones here are flat black and orange flames.
kojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
kojack OP
My bikes Suck!

Hope thats list prices on those 2012s....I can get one here for 14k brand new....
Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
jbc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
Hope thats list prices on those 2012s....I can get one here for 14k brand new....
Yes, the website lists msrp- not actual cost, you would have to call to see what they would sell them for
jbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRconvertible View Post
I think one of the reasons people report poor mileage is the popularity of aftermarket slip-ons and fuel tuners and air intake kits. An overly-rich map in a PC5 and loud pipes and aggressive riding to hear the pipes all result in lousy mileage. The stock pipes are quiet but have a really nice low, mellow tone and other than a little flat spot down around 2300 rpm the stock fueling is pretty good as it is. It really likes to run about 3000 rpm.
There you go. This. Overly rich, smells like a Briggs & Stratton with the choke on. And, don't forget, the guys that ride like they are in a parade, THEY are the ones getting 55-60 MPG
Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #21
kojack OP
My bikes Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
There you go. This. Overly rich, smells like a Briggs & Stratton with the choke on. And, don't forget, the guys that ride like they are in a parade, THEY are the ones getting 55-60 MPG
Yep. Don't really care about mileage. If I can go 300kms or a bit more I'm good. Want comfort, good sounding with plenty of power to cruise.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #22
DutchVDub
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
Around here HD resale value is no myth. It's almost cheaper to buy one new than used.

I have a 2011 Vaquero that I bought off CL for 9k$ with just under 10k miles on the clock. I have a Cobra exhaust, K&N, and tuner. I typically see 40-43mpg and the lowest I've seen was 36mpg. That was doing 85mph from SLC to St George, UT. I normally set the cruise at 3000rpm which is about 80mph and that'll usually keep me at or above 40mpg.

I really like the bike and just did 2021 miles on it over 3 days of riding. It would be nice for more aftermarket support, but for the most part I've been able to make it all work for me. Since I bought in late July/early August last year I've put almost 7000 miles on it. It hasn't given me any issues or real reason to want something else. I'd like a bit more fuel capacity, but can normally get 170 miles out of it without having the fuel light on for more than a mile.