Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #91
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post
My team disappeared! The "leader" was a trainer at my gym, and he's having back surgery, and the rest of the team bailed. I had 11 teammates last year! Guess I'm doing it solo this year!

I e-mailed TM and they said I can start any time as long as it's the same day as when I registered, Sunday. Bummer...

Edit: I received my start-time e-mail today...
Sent ya a PM ....
Old 11-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #92
JerryIUP
Team Wanker

Oddometer: 281
Team Wanker Saturday 10:40 start time.
JerryIUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #93
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
How did team wanker do?
I was working bag drop all day and only got to see people coming and going.
Hope no one got to busted up.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #94
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
How did team wanker do?
I was working bag drop all day and only got to see people coming and going.
Hope no one got to busted up.

Overall we had fun...spent 3 hours to do 6miles sucked . The traffic planning was an epic fail! We left my place at 7am & I am 45 minutes away....we got to the start about 15 minutes before the last start.....people were abandoning their cars on I75 & walking 6 miles to get there....
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #95
JerryIUP
Team Wanker

I agree with John the traffic and parking sucked. But as always hanging with your Buds more than makes up for the inconvenience. Kirkster you are looking good Bro!!! Thanks again for our sausage casings/shirts. We finished in 2hr 10 min. Smooth's son killed the course at 1 hr 50 min. Overall a fun day. A major plus as always was all of the talent to look at while running.

This thing is such a money grab now. For me the whole vibe of it has changed. Last year was a better event IMO. Cheers for working the Bag drop.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #96
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryIUP View Post
I agree with John the traffic and parking sucked. But as always hanging with your Buds more than makes up for the inconvenience. Kirkster you are looking good Bro!!! Thanks again for our sausage casings/shirts. We finished in 2hr 10 min. Smooth's son killed the course at 1 hr 50 min. Overall a fun day. A major plus as always was all of the talent to look at while running.

This thing is such a money grab now. For me the whole vibe of it has changed. Last year was a better event IMO. Cheers for working the Bag drop.
The traffic was so bad some folks had enough time to drink a 6 pack before the start & still ran like wind....lol
Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #97
JerryIUP
Team Wanker

Who dat???? Cheers Kirkster and for the record I ran 13.2 miles 1.2 with beer from gas station. lol
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #98
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

I am glad everyone had a good time and your welcome for the scenery. I figured y'all might need that to keep running.
I seem to get stuck in the places where the shitstorm so I can straighten it out. Today I parked all of lot one with two guys I worked with in bag drop yesterday.
Traffic was a breeze and no reports of backups on 72. This I will also take credit for.
Hope everyone is walking good by work in the morning . Joe
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #99
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,111
Sunday was a breeze! I pulled right into the parking lot with no waiting at all. Team Wanker V2, solo unit (me) crushed the course in 2:02. Of course, I didn't have to stop and help teammates over the obstacles, but I didn't get much help either!

You guys agree the course seemed like ALL RUNNING this year? Last year, i only recall one section where it seemed like we ran maybe 2 miles between obstacles.

I was feeling pretty proud of myself for being 51 and all and passing up some young guys, until I saw a 65 YEAR OLD guy on the course after I finished!

I also don't remember the electroshock therapy sections being so bad! In the crawling one, I got it right on the bridge of the nose, and I felt like I got punched. In the final one, I got knocked to my knees, TWICE.
ag_streak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #100
JerryIUP
Team Wanker

Great run time AG!!!!! Cheers
Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #101
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

AG if you parked on the right side of the lot I was the guy in the green boonie hat. 2:02 is a good time.congtrats!

But them again I didn't get my hat back unill half way through the lot.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #102
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,111
Thanks for the kudos, guys!

Thanks to all the workers and volunteers! Without them, this kind of event couldn't happen.

Here's some pics:

I was a bit concerned about the monkey bars, because I have a sprained muscle in my left arm, but it wasn't bad because you're pretty much dead-hanging, and it didn't hurt.

monkey

I was pretty proud of myself until I saw this guy. 65 years young!!

The Everest wall. I saw a guy twist his ankle and get medical attention there.

wall

"51 Year Old Wanker Crushes Tough Mudder Course in 2:02" (then cries for his mommie because his legs hurt so much the next day)

beer

Active duty military greeted each finisher.

finish
ag_streak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #103
LarrytheDRguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
St Pete rider looking for DS riding partner

Just bought a DR650 to keep my DR200 company and looking for someone from Pinellas to ride with. Weather this weekend should be pretty nice to take a ride. I went to Croom in Brooksville last weekend with my son and had fun but the sand was kinda slippery with enduro tires. He was on a 600 Can am ATV and blew through it. I would like to explore the back roads around brooksville area to see what it there. Anyone looking for a riding partner give me a yell. I have been riding Florida for almost 40 years so I think I can keep up. LOL.

LarrytheDRguy
LarrytheDRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #104
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheDRguy View Post
Just bought a DR650 to keep my DR200 company and looking for someone from Pinellas to ride with. Weather this weekend should be pretty nice to take a ride. I went to Croom in Brooksville last weekend with my son and had fun but the sand was kinda slippery with enduro tires. He was on a 600 Can am ATV and blew through it. I would like to explore the back roads around brooksville area to see what it there. Anyone looking for a riding partner give me a yell. I have been riding Florida for almost 40 years so I think I can keep up. LOL.

LarrytheDRguy
Larry,
Right now Hunting Season is in full swing so some of us stay away fom the WMA's & give the Hunters their space.
We'll be at Croom this Sat chasing one another thru the Single track. Check out Dixiedualsport.com
Cheers
John
Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #105
NY-KLR-Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Bump...looking to get out on my ol' KLR tomorrow & find some trails.
Anyone else riding?
NY-KLR-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote