ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #11341
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
did you have full coverage ins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjackbrown View Post
Hey guys,

My 2006 KLR650 was stolen last Tuesday evening and I was wondering if you could help me out by keeping an eye out on it. It is easily identifiable by the all black paint, (now) red luggage bars, Big Gun exhaust, KLX front fairing and fenders, and TrailTech digital instruments housed in a custom molded dash that reads KLR-X on it.

chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #11342
kjackbrown
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Thsnk you all!

Thank goodness I did have full coverage (including aftermarket additions)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kjackbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #11343
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,505
Eyes peeled!
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #11344
chip
Follow Me

who would steal a klr??? a blessing in disguise, cash out and put you time and money into a DR. If I see your bike, I'll tell the thief to keep heading south and that you are now better off...
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #11345
kjackbrown
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
who would steal a klr??? a blessing in disguise, cash out and put you time and money into a DR. If I see your bike, I'll tell the thief to keep heading south and that you are now better off...

...Yeah, all joking aside though, I really loved that bike.

The thing that kills me most about this is I just got done doing a couple upgrades to the motor. A couple months ago I tore it apart and installed a 688 "big bore" kit, stage II head (port/polish, oversized stainless valves, etc.), and Keihin FCR-MX39 flat slide pumper carb. I bought a Innovate Motorsports LM-2 O2 meter/logger and the just about had the cab dialed in. The bike SCREAMED! Anyways, the depressing part is I didn't even have 30 miles on the motor; it wasn't even broken in yet!

Oh, and to add insult to injury........insurance called me back last night and said that the mods to the bike were not "fully indorsed" and they can only give me $500 max towards any upgrades I had done.

So, I don't know what I am going to do now. I'm thinking I might end up getting only about $3500 when all of this is over. I'm keeping my eyes open for a descent deal on either a DR650, or maybe another KLR since I have the knowledge and experience of working on them. To tell you the truth though, I just want my bike back.

Oh well, such is life. Karma will eventually kick these guys in the sack, I'm sure of that. Eh, and who knows, this might actually be a blessing and I end up with something much better!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #11346
chip
Follow Me

Totally sucks. well i'll keep a look out. sorry it happened. i do joke about killers because i had about $10k into it. finally parted it out and made enough to buy a plated xrr. never looked back.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #11347
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Damn, sorry to hear that. I'll keep an eye out for sure.

JP
Same... Will call the PO PO if I see it ... If you recover it please post up so I don't follow you like a madman and call the police while trying to encourage you to pull over. haha

Quote:

...Yeah, all joking aside though, I really loved that bike.

The thing that kills me most about this is I just got done doing a couple upgrades to the motor. A couple months ago I tore it apart and installed a 688 "big bore" kit, stage II head (port/polish, oversized stainless valves, etc.), and Keihin FCR-MX39 flat slide pumper carb. I bought a Innovate Motorsports LM-2 O2 meter/logger and the just about had the cab dialed in. The bike SCREAMED! Anyways, the depressing part is I didn't even have 30 miles on the motor; it wasn't even broken in yet!

Oh, and to add insult to injury........insurance called me back last night and said that the mods to the bike were not "fully indorsed" and they can only give me $500 max towards any upgrades I had done.

So, I don't know what I am going to do now. I'm thinking I might end up getting only about $3500 when all of this is over. I'm keeping my eyes open for a descent deal on either a DR650, or maybe another KLR since I have the knowledge and experience of working on them. To tell you the truth though, I just want my bike back.

Oh well, such is life. Karma will eventually kick these guys in the sack, I'm sure of that. Eh, and who knows, this might actually be a blessing and I end up with something much better!
Well... Not that I am looking forward to offloading my DR soon - gotta pay off my truck yet, but I was cut an AWESOME deal by a member here on it (MudPig). Maybe I can pay it forward and git you a good deal on it. Would come with a supermoto kit as well - give the cops some time to find yers, if all else fails maybe we can work something out.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #11348
tr1200
High Side

Oddometer: 862
Lookin' out for a KLR. Never give up. It took me 6 months to hunt down my stolen XR (no insurance). In the end, the "official" justice system did not have to get involved and the perp had to move off the mountain. Good luck.
tr1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #11349
kjackbrown
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Same... Will call the PO PO if I see it ... If you recover it please post up so I don't follow you like a madman and call the police while trying to encourage you to pull over. haha

Well... Not that I am looking forward to offloading my DR soon - gotta pay off my truck yet, but I was cut an AWESOME deal by a member here on it (MudPig). Maybe I can pay it forward and git you a good deal on it. Would come with a supermoto kit as well - give the cops some time to find yers, if all else fails maybe we can work something out.
Thank you all!

Monti....I just may take you up on that! Been looking at DR650's on the net and I am really liking them. Thinking this is a god opportunity to try something new! You got any pics and statss of your DR? I'll pm you my email addy.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #11350
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post

Give him the KTM! Keep the DR!
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #11351
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,735
Quote:
Thank you all!

Monti....I just may take you up on that! Been looking at DR650's on the net and I am really liking them. Thinking this is a god opportunity to try something new! You got any pics and statss of your DR? I'll pm you my email addy.
I'll send pix this week. The DR is great I am going to have a hard time letting it go to be honest. Great for what I use it fer really. Its got roughly 18000 miles on it now and a lot of little farkles on it. Nothing fancy - just the small things that matter.

Layne - dont worry I will git another long range bike, prolly a 950/990 already got clearance from the Mrs. As long as I can pay off the truck in spring.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #11352
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
La b 2 v

LA B 2 V was slightly eventful for me this year.....only made it 3 hours into the ride before I crashed. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I high sided & then my bike landed on my foot. That was in cal city where the closest hospitals or medical facilities were Ridgecrest or Tehachapi....I opted for Barstow where I had a room for the night & could get help from the D-37 people.

Got to Barstow & got a ride to the urgent care & then the imaging place, had my results back before 5...fractured 3rd metatarsal, but no breaks.....had my brother drive to Barstow Friday night then left home sat morning....I have now officially joined the injured list.....but not for too long I hope

JP
Old 11-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #11353
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,148
that's how it starts. zombie foot.

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #11354
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706