Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
MrBob OP
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,225
Westward - to see the sea.

I love living here in Colorado but, let's face it, this is a desert environment. Sometimes I get restless to see big water again and when I bought myself a Kawasaki Concours recently it was time for a road trip.

This was the Craig's List ad that caught my eye.

Soon, it was mine, and soon after that, it looked like this.

Nothing really wrong with it but you know how it is when you buy a bike; you've got to fondle it.

After three weeks of work and chasing around after parts and sweating details I arrived at this.

Packed and ready to go - I thought. The bike is packed, I'm geared up, the engine is idling, and I turn on my week-old Garmin GPS. Which promptly freezes.
If you've done much traveling I'm sure you quickly came to realize the truth of the old adage: Man plans, God laughs. The more you plan, the more opportunity for things to go wrong.
For this trip, a GPS is a critical piece of equipment.
Turn off the bike, pull off the helmet and jacket, stomp into the house and look for the tech number for Garmin. A half hour later I'm assured by the tech guy that the problem is easy to remedy, just package the unit up and send it to them and in about three weeks it should be at my door.