ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,274
I was stopped at a stop sign today in the sprinter waiting to turn left.
Beside me on the right is a pickup waiting to turn right.
20'something girl yacking on her cel phone comes up and WHAM rear ends the pickup (I'm glad she wasn't going left!) wedging her car underneath.

Guy gets out of the pickup and walks back and looks at the damage and then walks back to talk with her.
Her windows are up and she holds up 1 finger like "wait just a minute.. I'm on the phone".

If it were me, I would have put my fist through her window right then and there, grabbed her phone and threw it out into traffic.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #17
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,274
Which reminds me of a story from a couple of months ago..

I'm following a car.. some chick driving yacking on the phone not paying attention. We T-into another road and there is a jogger coming from the right. She doesn't even slow down for the stop sign and almost hits the jogger (as in he had to leap out of the way or he would have been run down). She then hits the brakes and yells "SORRY" (her window is open). He comes around to the driver's side of the car, reaches in and grabs her cel phone and SPIKES it like a football post touchdown. Turns around and jogs away.

I almost pee'd my pants laughing.. I gave him a honk and a thumbs up as I went by.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
RalphyDo
Banned

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

I'm following a car.. some chick driving yacking on the phone not paying attention. We T-into another road and there is a jogger coming from the right. She doesn't even slow down for the stop sign and almost hits the jogger (as in he had to leap out of the way or he would have been run down). She then hits the brakes and yells "SORRY" (her window is open). He comes around to the driver's side of the car, reaches in and grabs her cel phone and SPIKES it like a football post touchdown. Turns around and jogs away.

I almost pee'd my pants laughing.. I gave him a honk and a thumbs up as I went by.

Priceless.......
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,164
Quote:

That is priceless with no phone good luck calling the cops.....hahahaha
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,164
Payback is a BITCH...LOL

modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #21
MrBob
Geezers Rule

Oddometer: 7,518
I just finished repairing one of my bags and have a two-part unused ABS adhesive if you want to go the repair route.
I ended up welding mine.
After recently touring 3700 miles to northern California and back my closest call occurred when I returned to good old Longmont.
It's even worse when bicycling.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
Merfman
Trustin' my cape...

Oddometer: 787
Quote:

I would have loved to seen that!
Merfman is offline   Reply With Quote