ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #211
crjdirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Super Sherpa's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradical View Post
I don't have anything to sell, but thought I'd mention also looking for a Kawasaki Super Sherpa in case you weren't aware of them. That was my wife's first motorcycle and it fits your criteria. It is a 250 that is not too tall, not too heavy, and factory street legal. I like that it has a 6 speed and front and rear disc brakes. I don't see too many of them around but I think in typical Kawasaki fashion all model years are essentially the same. They did quit selling for a few years (I think they skip from '04 to '09)

This one in CO Springs might be more than you want to spend at $3k

And it looks like the newer ones don't have the sweet gold wheels that the older ones have.
Thanks for lookin' out Coloradical! She really liked an xt250 she sat on so if we were to spend in the 3k range, we'd probably wait for a 250 or crf230. Hoping to stick around the $2k or < range- we're both on "old people returning to college" budgets. The Sherpa's look almost identical to xt250's eh? I bet they ride like tractors (in a good way).
crjdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #212
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
Anyone who has a pile of Transalp parts laying around, I will take them off your hands.

Marc
Sorry, I need to keep whatever extra TA parts I have on hand because they are getting harder to get.

I do have an electronic copy of the official Honda repair manual if you don't have one and are starting on a rebuild project.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #213
lilsmokey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post

I have an '87 Honda TLR 200 Reflex trials/Enduro street legal for $1000 firm. Runs great, doesn't need anything
Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but would make a fun winter bike you could flip for a profit.

Im a fan of the old 80's trials bikes. I had a pair of '85 ty350's (Yamaha) and I loved em. Ill keep you in mind. Thanks buddy. Im gonna look a little longer tho. Dont want to jump on anything to soon.
I ride a bullet. A 2 wheeled, multiple-explosion powered machine with enough moving parts to remove entire fingers. Surfaces hot enough to cook flesh. It propels me at neck-breaking, bone-snapping flesh-tearing speeds, over and trough obstacle's I can only see as blurs. Its a sport that kills the careless, maims the best, and spits at the concept of mercy.

lilsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:17 AM   #214
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHarry View Post
Need holiday cash? Got a DR650 gathering dust?

Yet another birthday is coming up and to treat myself this year, I am on the hunt for a DR650, '96 or newer (magic button required).

The amount I'm willing to spend depends on mileage and farkles, and how far I have to drive from Santa Fe NM to pick it up.

PM me with any leads!

Tater,

Found mine (03 dr) here on adv last year about this time. Seemed to be quite a few up around Denver area. I also looked on bikefinds.com but many were along way away. Give your post an occasional bump and I'll bet you'll be successful finding something pretty close.

Good luck and post up when you find your new bike and we'll get out for a ride.
Slideways#96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #215
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,353
I need a heat gun for an upcoming project. Doesn't need to be new but of decent quality and not from Harbor Freight.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #216
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyDo View Post
Looking for 2 motocrcycle covers. Nothing fancy, just something to keet the dust off the bikes. What do you have?
Outside storage or inside? If it's inside, I've got some for you if you still need them, they're really just dust covers and wouldn't hold up too well to any precipitation outside though. PM me if you're interested.

Or I have a couple others that are a bit more substantial, one is a new one, specific to a new generation FZ1 and another generic (large size I used on my KRS), same thing, pm me if you're still looking.

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #217
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,511
This is a strange one and it is bike related as I ride at the cabin

We are building a new solar array for PV panels and the last time I did this I used the neighbors old satellite dish mount and it worked great. the actuator allow us to easily adjust the panels.

So does anyone have an old huge 8 foot satellite mount ? I do not need or want the dish but want the complete mount with actuator.

Marc
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #218
Joz
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 1,818
Looking for a professional piano mover in the Denver area. Any recommendations? Any one to stay away from?

"Get on with living or get on with dying" Paul Rodden 71 years old
Diesel RV build

Joz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #219
RalphyDo
Banned

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
Looking for a professional piano mover in the Denver area. Any recommendations? Any one to stay away from?

Well, looking for anyone or anything professional around these parts is a tall order
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #220
mpatch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 848
mask

looking for a respro foggy mask or somewhere along the front range that sells them?????
mpatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #221
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
I've found that if you ride them occasionally, that keeps the dust off 'em.........(just sayin')
Thats funny.
MartiniUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #222
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyDo View Post
But it's cold and I am 100% sissy
Thats funnier.
MartiniUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #223
adventure girl
Donde esta la playa?!?

Oddometer: 1,330
I'm looking for a bike stand, saw one for $65 new, but maybe junk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'05.5 KTM 950 ADV (Orange is faster)
'04 KTM 525
adventure girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #224
crjdirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
shortypants bike found. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjdirt View Post
Looking for a crf230 or xt225/250 or similar for my girlfriend. This will be her first bike- she's sick of hearing of my adventures and wants to join on some and see if riding is for her. Must be able to be CO plated, electric start, must run, not too tall (my wr250r is too tall for her) or heavy (these are things she's mentioned in the past) and we don't have a ton of extra cash but I can scrape it up for the right bike. A few xt225's on Clist but I'm thinking a crf230 or xt250 might be better for her in case she likes it and wants to stick with it.

I would rather deal through ADV than Clist, maybe someone looking to upgrade? Doesn't even have to be right away either, no rush.

PM me if you have something you might want to get rid of that fits the bill...
We picked up a 2003 crf230L last night- wish her luck! Thanks for lookin' out guys and girls. Any noob or experienced female riders that want to show her the ropes PM me and I'll get you her email.
crjdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #225
Region Riley
rally kit widow

Oddometer: 3,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjdirt View Post
We picked up a 2003 crf230L last night- wish her luck! Thanks for lookin' out guys and girls. Any noob or experienced female riders that want to show her the ropes PM me and I'll get you her email.
Good choice, I think she'll love it!