Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #1516
Schrauberklaus
***ifyer

Oddometer: 348
I found today a Lot of Parts for the CRF250L
on:

http://japan.webike.net/HONDA/CRF250...model&p.m=6335

Site is in english , price in USD or what you select.

But look only if you have deeeeeeeep pockets .
Honda XR 280 R Sumo 04 , Honda XR 250 Baja 98
Yamaha Speed MX ( 2 Stroke ) 01 ,CRF250L 13
Schrauberklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #1517
Red_dog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
just ordered a Ricochet Body Armour skidplate for my CRF250L in Anodised red...will post pics when it turns up (it went from Utah to Australia in a week), landed yesterday, in my hot little hands by Tuesday/Wednesday, on the bike by Thursday, was torn between the anodised red and the clearcoat, but the red will tie in with the red on the bike, so hopefully it'll look okay.
1993 Barina- Sigh...
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #1518
yyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Air box vents

This really confuses me, the necessity to open up the air box. I have a 2011 Ford F150 with a 5.0 liter V8. The engine breathes thru a tiny 3 inch plastic pipe. If that motor could run fine with such a small opening, why would a 250 cc engine need almost as much air flow?

Maybe I am missing something.
yyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #1519
strongbad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
It's a ritual for some people. No bike is perfect until it has been cut, hacked, and generally made into a sows ear from a silk purse.
strongbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #1520
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz View Post
This really confuses me, the necessity to open up the air box. I have a 2011 Ford F150 with a 5.0 liter V8. The engine breathes thru a tiny 3 inch plastic pipe. If that motor could run fine with such a small opening, why would a 250 cc engine need almost as much air flow?

Maybe I am missing something.
A single cylinder sucks in a glob of air ever other revolution of the engine...in other words the flow stops and starts repeatedly. The more cylinders you get, the closer the flow gets to steady flow. When you get closer to steady flow, the resistance to flow drops because you have established a flow pattern....and you don't have to waste time and energy reestablishing the flow pattern (scientists call it a "flow field") over and over again.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #1521
yyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Thank you for your response ED@Ford that makes sense, btw the way, you work for Ford?
yyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #1522
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Retired from Ford
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:32 AM   #1523
Red_dog
Adventurer

- as it turned up on my doorstep on Wednesday morning. isnt it PURDY? specially in flash anodised red.
1993 Barina- Sigh...
Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #1524
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_dog View Post

- as it turned up on my doorstep on Wednesday morning. isnt it PURDY? specially in flash anodised red.
Perfect! I've been wondering how the red skidplate would look like on the bike. You called in sick to work today so you could install it and snap us some pic's, right?

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #1525
Semodirt
n00b

Oddometer: 5
looks real sharp

I wonder if one could send back their skid plate (plan silver for a pretty red one) It is sharp looking that's for sure.
Semodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #1526
nbrooks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
New Seat

Seat Concepts black and red seat and a bit more Plasti Dip.
nbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #1527
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford View Post
A single cylinder sucks in a glob of air ever other revolution of the engine...in other words the flow stops and starts repeatedly. The more cylinders you get, the closer the flow gets to steady flow. When you get closer to steady flow, the resistance to flow drops because you have established a flow pattern....and you don't have to waste time and energy reestablishing the flow pattern (scientists call it a "flow field") over and over again.

Thanks for posting that Ed... I didn't realize that!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #1528
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrooks View Post
Seat Concepts black and red seat and a bit more Plasti Dip.
How bout some more pics of that purdy seat? Maybe a little bigger?

looks sharp
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #1529
Red_dog
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Perfect! I've been wondering how the red skidplate would look like on the bike. You called in sick to work today so you could install it and snap us some pic's, right?
unfortunately, had to work :( was itchin to install it all week, as the bike had been in the shop all week getting serviced.

BUT:-

ran into a bit of a snag, one of the front holes didnt line up correctly with the stock threaded holes,

anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? without having to send it back, granted it's still a work in progress but how hard is it to weld boss' in line with the stock threaded holes? minor niggles, fits up fine and looks 'different' after all, isnt that wot we're about? do it different to the next fella?
1993 Barina- Sigh...
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #1530
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_dog View Post
ran into a bit of a snag, one of the front holes didnt line up correctly with the stock threaded holes,

anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? without having to send it back, granted it's still a work in progress but how hard is it to weld boss' in line with the stock threaded holes? minor niggles, fits up fine and looks 'different' after all, isnt that wot we're about? do it different to the next fella?
This is a common problem when it comes to welded parts. The main plate is likely cut out on a CNC plasma table - including the mouting holes. Then it goes into a roller press to have the curve put into it, and finally the side plates, tabs and bungs are welded into place. Unfortunately the heat from the welding process can cause the plate to warp/shift and the mounting holes not to line up.

Generally speaking, if the shift is minimal you can usually get away with just using wooden dowel or pry bar to force it into alignment without any negative effects. However, if the shift is too much or it takes an exuberant amount of pressure to get the holes lined up, it's probably best to send it back because all that stress will eventually result in something cracking and usually it will be the mounting bracket on the frame or the weld that holds said bracket to the frame that fails.

MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote