Dog is my co-pilot . . . and navigator.

DRONE screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 08:18 PM
DRONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #857
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,597
Dog is my co-pilot . . . and navigator. [/QUOTE]

Is he responsible for that sunshine ? I gotta get more Schnauzer ! Its in the 50's I've been sick Justins restless and we're both jealous.DB

Not exactly what the thread means but close enough for today.
Justin says there ain't no stinkin blitzkrieg when your panzers in the shop, even if it is 50ish today and the sun turned up briefly.DB

davebig screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 03:06 PM
davebig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #858
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
We just got a new mini-schnauzer this past week. I can't let my wife take my dogs to PetCo ever again, as she went there with my two dogs to get them groomed and then brought back this 3rd dog. Someone gave the dog to her for free, because they couldn't care for it. Next time she'll probably bring back a guila monster or such. We named her Hope, as my wife hopes we can keep her and I am hoping my land lord doesn't find out about the extra dog. Any rate, my ride is undergoing a rebuild and I have not had the opportunity to give Hope any rides so far. My Bichon, Murph, was out in the hack today and trying to offer up some suggestions as to where to put some graphics. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't using that particular decal. He misses riding and is anxious to get the rig back on the road. No pics of Hope just yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176780271/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176780119/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176779805/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176779651/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8176778893/

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #859
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,849
Hey Coupe, if you click the "Grab the HTML code" it will give you the link to paste the photo here in the thread like this.

But the problem is I couldn't find photos of that schnauzer! Let's see the bearded one!

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #860
RockyMtnRoadRash
Useful and decorative

Oddometer: 500
I've had enough retreivers over the years that I can read their minds in this picture:

"I hear water, there's water! I want to jump in it and get all wet and smelly that will be AWESOME hey why aren't we getting out there's WATER!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
Roscoe, Bailey and me exiting the newly-reopened Swann Covered Bridge in Blount County, AL:

держите мою водку и наблюдайте это!
RockyMtnRoadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #861
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRoadRash View Post
I've had enough retreivers over the years that I can read their minds in this picture:

"I hear water, there's water! I want to jump in it and get all wet and smelly that will be AWESOME hey why aren't we getting out there's WATER!"
Actually, they DID get out just after this photo was made.

They aren't all that jazzed about water lately though... In May-June they accompanied me on a 45-day, 631-mile river trip in a 15-foot cedar strip canoe from North Georgia to Fort Morgan at the mouth of Mobile Bay.

GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #862
coupe1942
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
The little girl, Hope, didn't take well to being put into the hack. She wanted to dive over the side and hit the floor running. Long drop for her to do that, but I coudn't get a good shot of her, as she just wouldn't stand still or sit still. Murph and Dusty are much more photogenic and patient in being photographed. The rig isn't running and I have not put my tether straps in the hack just yet, so I really don't know how she will react to riding in the hack with the other two just yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8182899136/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930ford/8182899422/

Sorry, but the grab the link stuff didn't work for me. Old computer, I suppose, but could not make it work correctly.

There is a reason Dogs do not live as long as we do. They are your Resume' in Heaven...
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #863
davebig
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,597
Texans !!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG] IMG_3827 by coupe1942, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG] IMG_3821 by coupe1942, on Flickr[/IMG]

Coupe's new schnauzer !
Sweet little Schnauzer ! MIne thinks he's always in charge of all other dogs and should have been a poker player as he bluffs his way out of deals he shouldn't be able too.DB
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #864
RockyMtnRoadRash
Useful and decorative

Oddometer: 500
Wow, those are some well trained dogs! I've been Labradored out of a canoe on two non-consecutive occasions. If a yellow lab tips my canoe some day, I'll have the complete set.

Though as I'm thinking about it my Golden, Buckwheat, never once knocked a canoe over despite spending a non-trivial percentage of his life in the pond. Love the pics and love the paddling!

держите мою водку и наблюдайте это!
RockyMtnRoadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #865
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRoadRash View Post
Wow, those are some well trained dogs! I've been Labradored out of a canoe on two non-consecutive occasions. If a yellow lab tips my canoe some day, I'll have the complete set.

Though as I'm thinking about it my Golden, Buckwheat, never once knocked a canoe over despite spending a non-trivial percentage of his life in the pond. Love the pics and love the paddling!
Thanks! That was the only whitewater section of the entire 631-mile trip and the first time either dog had been in moving water. I'd removed most of our gear from the canoe to run this section, and the pups didn't quite know where to sit in the boat without being crowded into their spaces in-between gear. Just after the video was made, after taking on water in the second wave from the dogs both moving to the right side, the canoe washed up on a rock and broached, making for several tense moments until we could free it.

GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #866
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Off topic, but for you hacks-n-pups guys, how cold is too cold to ride with your pooch?

I've never really pondered this, as down in the Southeastern USA, heat is normally the issue. But I'm pondering a 100 mile ride tomorrow with Bryson in the hack, temps will be in the upper 40's at the start, and warming up to about 58 Fahrenheit. It just occurred to me that it might be too cold for the pooch. He never really has been one to lay down in the sidecar. He is always nose to the breeze.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #867
Sidewise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
See I fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
I don't have a hack, but my (almost) two year old daughter got an absolute kick out of this
So lets see your Hacks-n-Pups pics! (PackBaby says please....)
Nicky not quite a pup and no-way a fit.

Sidewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #868
stargzrgrl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35

Getting our pup acclimated to her new ride.

Headlights Included!

stargzrgrl screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 07:51 AM Reason: tried to make pic smaller
stargzrgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #869
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Off topic, but for you hacks-n-pups guys, how cold is too cold to ride with your pooch?

I've never really pondered this, as down in the Southeastern USA, heat is normally the issue. But I'm pondering a 100 mile ride tomorrow with Bryson in the hack, temps will be in the upper 40's at the start, and warming up to about 58 Fahrenheit. It just occurred to me that it might be too cold for the pooch. He never really has been one to lay down in the sidecar. He is always nose to the breeze.
I think it might depend on the design of your rig. I've had Barley out for rides in the mid to upper 20s. With the tonneau cover partly zipped shut he can get out of the wind entirely by laying down on his memory foam mattress, but usually he sits up with his head tucked into the curve of the windshield. Except when it's snowing. He likes to snap at snowflakes, so I keep the speed (wind chill) and time of exposure down.

If I ride with him below freezing I often wear my Held Steves instead of insulated winter gloves as a reminder: if my hands are cold it's a reminder to check on Barley's comfort level. 100 miles isn't far when the temp rises that much; you always have the option of pulling over and taking a walk for an hour till the temps rise to his comfort level.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #870
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

We decided against it today. Bryson is big and he can't ride with the windshield on. So he is in the breeze at all times. I've only seen him lay down in the tub once, but I suppose he would if he got cold. I'm going to work on making him some winter clothing for longer rides.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy.