Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,770
Old Gringo Does Mexico Again-Ride Partner???

I'm thinking I'll head out near the1st of the year to Baja , meet my wife there for fish/snorkel/beach time then ferry to mainland for extended tour which could include GT/Belize. I will be riding pavement. I have my fave places to go in Mexico but also open to route ideas of possible ride partner & a few spots I've not done. This will be my 4th bike trip there & another of many to Mexico starting in 1954. I/we have no reservations at this time. PM me if you have serious interest.
Correction: after some map study I've come to the same conclusion as previous Mexico trip planning sessions that Baja is too far away for me compared to TX entry places. It's 2,200k from my house to Mexicali crossing & I'm a pavement rider so too far for a guy thats been there 4 times anyway. I'll go in at Eagle Pass or Reynosa, same as before. FWIW,no Baja for me.

kantuckid screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 05:30 AM
kantuckid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
David13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
I would like to think I could get on the road south by the first of the year. But it does not look like it now. Perhaps the 1st of February.
But even that may be optimistic.
I'm working on a project with a February 1 deadline that may take daily attention.
So at this time I have no idea.
The upside may be that I can go for a month later, maybe March 1.
dc
David13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #3
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
I will be in Deming ,NM by the 9th of Jan Kantuckid. We were planning on going into MX this year but we cross in Palomas ,CH MX not in TX. We are 33 miles from the border and 59 miles West of Las Cruces NM. Probably looking at a HWY 17-16 ride in Feb when it gets a little warmer though.PM me if you are interested in this area or idea.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,770
I'll keep you in mind as my dates become firmer. TX is much closer for me & I did like the Eagle Pass crossing last time. Also not the best season to ride near the border long distances heading west. It's looking like I'll enter in mid Jan @ a TX/MX crossing & rough plan is toward lower DF to meet another rider , then toward Palenque?, then Belize & GT in no certain order.

kantuckid screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 03:41 PM
kantuckid is online now   Reply With Quote