Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #2356
jameswwright
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Many Thunders View Post
I fold mine up nice and flat, insert it into a ziplock bag and place it into the lining of my helmet. This way I am never stupid enough to go out without my helmet, registration, or insurance.

Many Thunders.
I think I'll try to make this one work. I'm one of those people that hates extra bulk in the wallet(maybe that's why I'm broke all the time?), so if I can avoid keeping 2 extra sheets of paper in there then I'm happy.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #2357
ewagman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswwright View Post
This may not be a question specific to Super Sherpa but more of a motorcycle newbie question but where do you guys keep your registration/insurance info? I figured there'd be a compartment underneath the seat or something, but I guess not.
For my SS, I roll the registration & insurance papers into a tight cylinder, and stick them in the tool kit bag. I don't always use the same helmet or clothes, and have a mess of other vehicle registrations, so I find it most efficient to store the paperwork with the vehicle itself. My V Rod VRSCR has a hinged seat to access the gas tank cap, I store them in a zip lock bag taped to the seat bottom. My trailer registrations can get a bit messy, it's not my fault they haven't switched to plastic yet like the drivers licenses. It's incredible that boat registrations are still on paper here, like the little boats would ever stay dry inside.

ewagman screwed with this post 11-08-2012 at 12:12 PM
ewagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #2358
thumpergirl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
help with sherpa horn diagnosis

my friend has a 2000 kawi super sherpa and the horn just stopped working the other day. so, the problem is either an electrical connection (i hope not) or the horn just needs replacing. i wanna test the horn first. i don't wanna blow anything up. a little help? if i were to disconnect the horn, and then run connections directly from the battery to the horn to see if the horn actually works, would i damage the horn? is there some sort of voltage regulator between the battery and the horn?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #2359
eepeqez
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpergirl View Post
my friend has a 2000 kawi super sherpa and the horn just stopped working the other day. so, the problem is either an electrical connection (i hope not) or the horn just needs replacing. i wanna test the horn first. i don't wanna blow anything up. a little help? if i were to disconnect the horn, and then run connections directly from the battery to the horn to see if the horn actually works, would i damage the horn? is there some sort of voltage regulator between the battery and the horn?
The horn is a 12V device.

Most horns are "earth switched". This means that instead of the -ve terminal of the horn being connected to earth (the frame of the bike) and hence to the negative battery terminal and switching the +ve supply (positive switched), the +ve terminal of the horn is connected directly to battery +ve terminal (via the ignition switch on a bike) and the -ve terminal of the horn then goes to the switch which then goes to earth.

Historically, the reason for this is so that a car horn switch can be on the steering wheel, with a single wire to it.

Rather than testing the horn, start by testing whether there is 12V across the two wires at the horn when the ignition is on and the horn button is pushed. You can do this with a multimeter (called an AVO in some parts of the world) or by connecting a 12V globe or test light across the two wires at the horn (remove them from the horn first!).

If you've got 12V at the horn wires, (then refitting them just to make sure it wasn't simply a corroded connection), get a replacement horn.
eepeqez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #2360
buickid
Lets ride!

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpergirl View Post
Don't think so, straight to the battery should be fine.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #2361
Rx4Pain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Western TAT Ride Report Completed

Just thought I would let you folks here in the Super Sherpa thread know....that my Western TAT (On A Super Sherpa) Ride Report is done. Have a look if you like. Might even be helpful to someone!

Here is the link http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820992

Ken
Rx4Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #2362
mike21b
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx4Pain View Post
Just thought I would let you folks here in the Super Sherpa thread know....that my Western TAT (On A Super Sherpa) Ride Report is done. Have a look if you like. Might even be helpful to someone!

Here is the link http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820992

Ken
I saw it. I loved it. The entire area you rode is in an area of the USA that I've never been to (other than at 38,000 feet)
mike21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #2363
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger

Oddometer: 3,451

Not OEM
KLR Doohickey Wrench available!
The North Florida Tag-O-Rama wants YOU!
newcastleadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #2364
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger

Can someone throw up photos of how the stock air filter is put together?

Thanks,
Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #2365
DualDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Bridgestone TW302 Rear tire

I posted over on the flee market that I am selling Bridgestone Trailwing TW302 rear tires in size 4.10-18 for $67.50 or shipped to your door for $75 each. If anybody is interested in one or more than one, let me know. These should fit the rear of the Super Sherpa. They are brand new and never mounted. Still have tags on them.
DualDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #2366
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Hello everyone! My wife claims I tricked her on a 150 mile ride we did as to how long it was going to be. Probably did! Result is that she will not go anywhere until she has a better seat. Can't really blame her.

Is Seat Concepts the only option, or are there others that I should look at? For those who have gone the Seat Concepts route, how did it work out for you?

Thanks in advance!
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #2367
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,154
Get some padded bicycle shorts, form-fitting support plus padding.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #2368
Dragon Rider
Thought is free--WS

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastleadam View Post
Can someone throw up photos of how the stock air filter is put together?

Thanks,
there is a plastic frame that slides inside this foam filter (wrench shows the open side)

then it just slides back in. (only fits one way)

I've got two foam filters, I put a fresh one in, then wash, dry and re-oil the one I pulled.

Dragon Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #2369
newcastleadam
Artful Tagger

Thanks for the photo, ended up making one out of a foam blank. Getting closer to completion, just gotta stop breaking stuff on de-assembly :-)
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #2370
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastleadam View Post
Thanks for the photo, ended up making one out of a foam blank. Getting closer to completion, just gotta stop breaking stuff on de-assembly :-)
The stock filter is coarse foam on one side, and fine foam on the other. Might actually make a difference to the filtering ability if your foam isn't like that.