ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #571
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?
 
bodhizafa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, Co.
Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJake View Post
After finding what I found yesterday, I would suggest you check your Green/red stripe wire first thing. It was the source of my cutting out, blubbering, back-firing and sometimes dying. Incredibly, this wire is connected to the fuel pump, the fuel pump relay, the fuel injector and the coil!



Where's that green sucker located? Under the tank I'm guessing. My FI seems to start up, I can hear something when the key is turned. I need to figure out if its squirting gas. Getting annoyed with all the little problems with this bike.
__________________
I'll have one if you do.....
bodhizafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #572
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG
 
AustinJake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Was wondering if anyone stateside might be able to give me a leed on who i could contact to have a new clutch slave sent out for my 05 TE 510.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
It's on their web page, just go to engine accessories.
http://www.ziptyracing.com/engine-accessories/
I never can find that! Thanks man, that should fix poppy up.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/husqvarna...h-slave-cover/
__________________
____________________________________
Get fit. Stay safe. Enjoy life. Learn something to help someone in need.
AustinJake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #573
poppy
Slow and Steady
 
poppy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: G.C QLD
Oddometer: 2,101
Many thanks AustinJake & Ruffus, much appreciated & lesson learnt. I thought i had the bleed valve loose as i was twisting it with my fingers, but must have tweaked it a bit tight. Expensive lasp in concentration.



Thanks again.

poppy screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 05:06 PM
poppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #574
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder
 
Ruffus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Erie,Ontario
Oddometer: 4,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Many thanks AustinJake & Ruffus, much appreciated & lesson learnt. I thought i had the bleed valve loose as i was twisting it with my fingers, but must have tweaked it a bit tight. Expensive lasp in concentration.



Thanks again.

Have you posted this on Cafe Husky? There may be a dealer that carries ZipTy products & can send it you, or a brand new factory unit. If I recall correctly, they were fairly close in price.
Must be getting old here, I can't even remember who I ordered it through. I think it was Hall's.
You could try Bill's on the west coast, Motoxotica in the south west. or Hall's in the east.
__________________
We spend our lives chipping away at our ignorance :wisdom by Dakez

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??



Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510

Ruffus screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 05:55 PM
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #575
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape
 
Bonerov's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Oddometer: 377
This is my first post in this thread, but I've read just about every single post here. I am borrowing an '04 TE450 and have really only ridden it once. That said, it's a fantastic machine. There was a bit of a carb issue (slide sticking, due to a bushing issue), but I sorted it out. I FINALLY got the chance to ride it this weekend, and was VERY impressed. SO much low end grunt. Silky smooth suspension. Love it! My buddy loaned me this bike with the hopes that I would buy it, and it looks like his gamble will pay off.
Bonerov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #576
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder
 
Ruffus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Erie,Ontario
Oddometer: 4,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerov View Post
This is my first post in this thread, but I've read just about every single post here. I am borrowing an '04 TE450 and have really only ridden it once. That said, it's a fantastic machine. There was a bit of a carb issue (slide sticking, due to a bushing issue), but I sorted it out. I FINALLY got the chance to ride it this weekend, and was VERY impressed. SO much low end grunt. Silky smooth suspension. Love it! My buddy loaned me this bike with the hopes that I would buy it, and it looks like his gamble will pay off.
Keep an eye on the valves, can't remember if it was 04, or 05 that had a bad batch of valves & stainless were usually put in to remedy the it. If it's already got the stainless, you're golden.
__________________
We spend our lives chipping away at our ignorance :wisdom by Dakez

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??



Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #577
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 402
I've been suffering the summer through with my TE450 in supermoto trim. Next week is desert season, so the smooth shoes will come off and the knobbies go back on. Here's a pic from the last supermoto ride of the year today.


IMAG0195 by tntmo2, on Flickr
__________________
Buncha dirt bikes with license plates.
tntmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #578
poppy
Slow and Steady
 
poppy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: G.C QLD
Oddometer: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Have you posted this on Cafe Husky? There may be a dealer that carries ZipTy products & can send it you, or a brand new factory unit. If I recall correctly, they were fairly close in price.
Must be getting old here, I can't even remember who I ordered it through. I think it was Hall's.
You could try Bill's on the west coast, Motoxotica in the south west. or Hall's in the east.

Nah mate, have not posted on cafe husky. I have bought through halls before actually, thanks for the reminder, i will give them a try as well. Thanks again, you guy's have been most helpful.
poppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #579
poppy
Slow and Steady
 
poppy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: G.C QLD
Oddometer: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Keep an eye on the valves, can't remember if it was 04, or 05 that had a bad batch of valves & stainless were usually put in to remedy the it. If it's already got the stainless, you're golden.

It is the 04 with the crappy valves, they changed to Del West valves for the 05 models. I have had my 05 since new and valves are right where they were set after the 1st valve check. have both inlet and exhaust at .008 or .2032mm .
poppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #580
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?
 
bodhizafa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, Co.
Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmo View Post
I've been suffering the summer through with my TE450 in supermoto trim. Next week is desert season, so the smooth shoes will come off and the knobbies go back on. Here's a pic from the last supermoto ride of the year today.


IMAG0195 by tntmo2, on Flickr
Suffering......ya the horror!
__________________
I'll have one if you do.....
bodhizafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #581
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape
 
Bonerov's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Oddometer: 377
Thanks for the info about the valves on the '04. I'll see if my buddy knows what kind of valves are in this one. He bought it recently from someone on CL, so he may not know for sure. This guy buys and sells bikes like a madman. I can't complain, since it has benefited me a few times :)
Bonerov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #582
mootsuno
Studly Adventurer
 
mootsuno's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Cotati, CA
Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Was wondering if anyone stateside might be able to give me a leed on who i could contact to have a new clutch slave sent out for my 05 TE 510. Went to change the o-ring and bleed it up while i had it unbolted to the bike and the circlip shot off. I checked prior to doing anything that it was seated properly,which it was. Maybe there was an issue with the casting, not sure, but now i need a new one. So instead of just costing me 40 cents for a new o-ring, it now looks like it will cost a small fortune to buy the whole slave here. I actually just need a housing, but dont like my chances of just find that. You cant just by o-rings here from husky dealers either, you have to buy the complete kit. I think 05,6,7, 250, 450, 510 are all the same, not sure of the ealier/later models.

Thanks for any help.

Here is a pic of the circlip retaining edge.



I had the same problem. Ordered the part from Motoxotica. They had it in stock.

http://www.motoxotica.com
__________________
Dean
mootsuno
mootsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #583
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG
 
AustinJake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 3,623
Had a problem with the TE 450 dying and not running right after some deep water crossings, 10-15 minutes later, bike was fine. I suspected the TPS for a while until I looked at the Gear Position Sensor (GPS) down under the clutch slave. Got the GPS pulled, was lucky the spring didn't come out with the bullet pin, and I found worn insulation with exposed wire, most likely letting water all the way into the system, thus grounding it out or at least, interrupting or distorting the correct resistance values for each gear. I used some hi-temp silicone, and plenty of it, plus layered on some more when I had it installed since the wire had to be flexed back and forth to get the unit back in, I didn't want any openings to expose the repair. Looking at the location of the GPS and knowing that alot of chain lube ends up there, I am now thinking that the water that flooded the GPS came from the chain, deep puddles that the rear wheel HAS to go thru, even when you lift the front wheel over the water, the chain is bringing water up and then down on top of the GPS.




The bullet pin goes into the shift drum in the bike, and then you can see the 6 gear positions on the GPS with the little neutral spot in between 1st and 2nd gear.
__________________
____________________________________
Get fit. Stay safe. Enjoy life. Learn something to help someone in need.

AustinJake screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 01:59 PM
AustinJake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #584
mattomoto
2 wheels rule
 
mattomoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: In the shadow of Long's Peak, CO
Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJake View Post
Had a problem with the TE 450 dying and not running right after some deep water crossings, 10-15 minutes later, bike was fine. I suspected the TPS for a while until I looked at the Gear Position Sensor (GPS) down under the clutch slave. Got the GPS pulled, was lucky the spring didn't come out with the bullet pin, and I found worn insulation with exposed wire, most likely letting water all the way into the system, thus grounding it out or at least, interrupting or distorting the correct resistance values for each gear. I used some hi-temp silicone, and plenty of it, plus layered on some more when I had it installed since the wire had to be flexed back and forth to get the unit back in, I didn't want any openings to expose the repair. Looking at the location of the GPS and knowing that alot of chain lube ends up there, I am now thinking that the water that flooded the GPS came from the chain, deep puddles that the rear wheel HAS to go thru, even when you lift the front wheel over the water, the chain is bringing water up and then down on top of the GPS.

The bullet pin goes into the shift drum in the bike, and then you can see the 6 gear positions on the GPS with the little neutral spot in between 1st and 2nd gear.
Man, good observation there Jake. Will be checking mine. I have had that a few times after water crossings/small stream. Might be the answer to mine also... I have sealed the coil and all the other stuff I can but that looks like a good spot for leaks too. Thanks.

Matto
__________________
Matto
mattomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #585
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG
 
AustinJake's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 3,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattomoto View Post
Man, good observation there Jake. Will be checking mine. I have had that a few times after water crossings/small stream. Might be the answer to mine also... I have sealed the coil and all the other stuff I can but that looks like a good spot for leaks too. Thanks.

Matto
It definitely cured my problem, got in some deep water today, not one hiccup, ran like a beast on an urban dual sport ride.





__________________
____________________________________
Get fit. Stay safe. Enjoy life. Learn something to help someone in need.
AustinJake is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014