ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #1141
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
Sorry to see you sell it, but it is a hand full if you can't get your feet on the ground good.

The DR is coming along, I have the forks and shock rebuilt. Still trying to find someone to charge the shock though. I am hoping to have it all done by next weekend.
Yeah the tippy toes just aren't cutting it on some of the trails I'm riding.

I'm really curious to hear about how much of a difference there is on the DR after the rebuild. I'm getting some interest on the bike already so I'm hoping it won't take to long before I have something more fitting. I've found a few more places to ride in Daphne as well, I'm pretty sure we'll have some good riding once we're both set back up for it.
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #1142
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
RR Racing

Finally found a place in Pensacola to charge this shock. They also do other suspension work and seem like pretty good people to work with:

R&R Racing
Bob Riker

Shop Hours
Monday-Thursday: 10-5 p.m.
Friday: 10-4 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: closed

Phone
850-473-0393

Email
rrracingbob@gmail.com

Address
1144 West Nine Mile Road
Pensacola, FL 32534
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #1143
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Finally found a place in Pensacola to charge this shock. They also do other suspension work and seem like pretty good people to work with:

R&R Racing
Bob Riker

Shop Hours

Phone
850-473-0393

Email
rrracingbob@gmail.com

Address
1144 West Nine Mile Road
Pensacola, FL 32534
Yeah, Bob knows his stuff. He services MX suspension for a lot of folks in P'cola/Crestview area.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #1144
Pauls2ndblessing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:

R&R Racing
Bob Riker

Shop Hours

Phone
850-473-0393

Email
rrracingbob@gmail.com

Address
1144 West Nine Mile Road
Pensacola, FL 32534

That's good info to have!
Pauls2ndblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #1145
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,548
Thumbs down Thanks

I don't know what's up with that thumbs down shit. This phone is getting on my nerves. Please ignore that.

Quote:

R&R Racing
Bob Riker

Shop Hours

Phone
850-473-0393

Email
rrracingbob@gmail.com

Address
1144 West Nine Mile Road
Pensacola, FL 32534
That's the guy I mentioned when you first asked. Thanks for posting his info.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #1146
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

I thought might be the guy you were looking for. His shop is off exit 5, real easy to get to.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #1147
Chris41483
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Daphne

I saw a reference to some places to ride in daphne a few posts back. I just moved to daphne a few months ago, have a drz, and no one to ride with. Save me! -Chris
Chris41483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #1148
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris41483 View Post
I saw a reference to some places to ride in daphne a few posts back. I just moved to daphne a few months ago, have a drz, and no one to ride with. Save me! -Chris
Chris
Every Sat. around 7:30 riders start showing up at cracker barrel to eat and talk, all kinds of bikes come in. head up that way, they meet in the back area. I have not been up for some time but there is usually around 15 to 50 people,
Old 11-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #1149
Chris41483
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
[QUOTE=forrestrider;20104576]Chris
Every Sat. around 7:30 riders start showing up at cracker barrel to eat and talk, all kinds of bikes come in. head up that way, they meet in the back area. I have not been up for some time but there is usually around 15 to 20.

Thanks! I live right below I-10 on 98. Would the cracker barrel be on the malbis exit?
Chris41483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #1150
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Yes. The Malbis exit. I can't ever get there early enough.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #1151
xgunslingerx
n00b

Oddometer: 2
New here, saying hello!

Hello everyone. I've browsing the thread here. I see most of you are dirt/trail riders and I'm somewhat interested. I'm a new rider, and would like to introduce myself. I live in Mobile, 31 years old. My name is Matt

I've been riding for couple of months. Bought a 07 Ninja 500 after the MSF course. I've been riding pavement only obviously, but would like my next bike to be capable of some light trail riding. I'm a big fan of the Kawasaki Versys as my next bike. I haven't riden one so I'm not really sure but it seems to be a great versatile bike. The only thing I would like to see is ABS.

I also saw the Triumph Tiger 800 on Triumph's website, and noticed on this thread there is someone here in Mobile with one.

Being so new to riding I'll be honest and say I'm not really sure what I want in a bike. At this point there is like 5 different bikes at least that I drool over on a regular basis. But alas, I'm just a normal guy, with a normal budget so, I have to make a decision at some point. My plan is to ride the Ninja 500 until next year to get some experience and maybe a bit more of an idea of the type of riding I most want to do, then get a second bike.

I work out of my truck so I don't commute on a bike. I really only get to ride on weekends. Mostly Sundays.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and join the conversation!
xgunslingerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #1152
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,765
Welcome to ADV

The guys from Mobile will give you the official welcome from over there but I am from Pensacola and luke here also.

You might want to visit the Florida regional forum (AKA Flatistan) and Pensacola Area Riders thread for info on riding over here. We have lots going on with both dirt and street.

Rob Dirt is your guy over there with an 800 Tiger, 450 KTM and lots of experience. Good peeps...

Again, welcome and have fun...

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #1153
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Paul, Chris, xgunslinger, Mr. Prez, & anybody else that wants to meet-up & ride. I plan to ride Sunday 12-9. I'll be riding pavement with some dirtroads mixed in when possible. The roads are well maintained & can be ridden with a streetbike. I will not be in a hurry & I don't mind waiting for anybody in the group. I would like to eat at a place in Leaksville,MS before 2pm. Hunting season is in full swing so there will be zero trails & I will not be riding alone. If you have a GPS, then bring it so you can get the tracks & find your way home whenever you get ready. Just let somebody know your heading home so we don't waste time looking for you. More details later.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #1154
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Paul, Chris, xgunslinger, Mr. Prez, & anybody else that wants to meet-up & ride. I plan to ride Sunday 12-9. I'll be riding pavement with some dirtroads mixed in when possible. The roads are well maintained & can be ridden with a streetbike. I will not be in a hurry & I don't mind waiting for anybody in the group. I would like to eat at a place in Leaksville,MS before 2pm. Hunting season is in full swing so there will be zero trails & I will not be riding alone. If you have a GPS, then bring it so you can get the tracks & find your way home whenever you get ready. Just let somebody know your heading home so we don't waste time looking for you. More details later.
Hopefully, I will have this DR all back together again and ready to ride by then. Put me on the list to go that day.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #1155
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Quote:
Hopefully, I will have this DR all back together again and ready to ride by then. Put me on the list to go that day.
Cool! I look forward to finally meeting you. I hope nanohiccup will lead us around, but I have tracks already.
The lunch is home cooked & buffet style. I think it was $11 with tax, but it's definately worth every penny.