ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #181
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Gonna be riding come January...

http://familyridersmc.files.wordpres...2013-rev-1.pdf

Bike is done for now...

ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #182
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Looks nice! That black tank really sets it off.

Is that a big bike friendly ride in January?
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #183
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

We used to set up a second route for the big bikes that avoided the tighter stuff {and kept everyone out of the bar-bangers!} and kept more to forest 2-track and more open trails, but got very little participation.

KLR650 and smaller will do just fine, Tupperware will get scratched up on 2 of the trail properties.

Yeah, the black tank works! Would have been awful busy if the blinged dirt tank had fit...
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #184
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,176
Anyone riding tomorrow? I'm planning on taking the MEOW to the HO-CAT. Will probably reach the intersection of the two at 10:30 or 11:00.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #185
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
shorter I missed this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
Anyone riding tomorrow? I'm planning on taking the MEOW to the HO-CAT. Will probably reach the intersection of the two at 10:30 or 11:00.
I'm in Barnwell this weekend working on some trails on family land. i could use a few other riders to make the routes more pronounced. I don't check this thread often because I rarely get responses anymore. I could have meet you on HoCat.
Ob1 if that link is for a dualsport event, count me in. 2bikeBart and his buddy John (XR 650s) are probably interested too.
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #186
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,176
The roads were fast & dusty today. It sure was a beautiful, mild day for November, though. I had forgotten how much dirt was on the MEOW, and didn't reach the HO-CAT until about noon. Ken was about an hour ahead of me, and we swapped texts but never did see each other. I did some of the northern sections of the HO-CAT and put about 200 miles on the odo for the day. I wish I'd have known you were in the Barnwell area, Clint, I could've swung up that way on the way home. Clint, do you know you can subscribe to this thread and get an email every time someone posts to it? While you have the thread open, click on "thread tools", then subscribe to it and choose the email frequency (instant, daily, or weekly). To me, that's easier than maintaining an email list, unless there's just some good juicy gossip going on that the rest of the world doesn't need to see.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #187
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for tips, yes I subscribe, but its still been slow compared to this spring. The email list was really to keep in touch the last 24 hours before a ride, but I've noticed it generates more emails and riders too. Its not much trouble. It would have between great to ride with you in Barnwell. Hey, after walking the swamp tomorrow, I'm going to cut some single track. I'd live to have you and any of the gang help! Call if you want to join. 843-224-2496 I'll be in the swamp until around 9:30.

Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
The roads were fast & dusty today. It sure was a beautiful, mild day for November, though. I had forgotten how much dirt was on the MEOW, and didn't reach the HO-CAT until about noon. Ken was about an hour ahead of me, and we swapped texts but never did see each other. I did some of the northern sections of the HO-CAT and put about 200 miles on the odo for the day. I wish I'd have known you were in the Barnwell area, Clint, I could've swung up that way on the way home. Clint, do you know you can subscribe to this thread and get an email every time someone posts to it? While you have the thread open, click on "thread tools", then subscribe to it and choose the email frequency (instant, daily, or weekly). To me, that's easier than maintaining an email list, unless there's just some good juicy gossip going on that the rest of the world doesn't need to see.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #188
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Gonna be a bit busy tomorrow {and for quite a while} cutting trail for the above mentioned Broxton Bridge DS, but the thoughts of burning in some fresh single track...tempting!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #189
bloodline
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Heading south on Saturday. Crossing the savannah river on 301 and picking up the TET. Will eventually turn east to savannah and hit River st for a beer. Back north to charleston via Blufton. Shoot me a pm if you wish to tag along.
bloodline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #190
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry Bloodline can't make it.

I was planning to ride, and did get a good start on maintenance chores while the turkey was roasting, but ended up getting side tracked. Gotta work tomorrow, and an older cousin wants to take a deer this weekend so I've got to put my "guide" hat on Saturday. Wanted to get you and Hal up there, but I haven't even mowed the roads or shooting lanes since last fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
Heading south on Saturday. Crossing the savannah river on 301 and picking up the TET. Will eventually turn east to savannah and hit River st for a beer. Back north to charleston via Blufton. Shoot me a pm if you wish to tag along.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #191
bloodline
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
I was planning to ride, and did get a good start on maintenance chores while the turkey was roasting, but ended up getting side tracked. Gotta work tomorrow, and an older cousin wants to take a deer this weekend so I've got to put my "guide" hat on Saturday. Wanted to get you and Hal up there, but I haven't even mowed the roads or shooting lanes since last fall.
Sounds like a good excuse to bust out the orange hats and the shotguns.
bloodline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #192
rallyeboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
I'm riding tomorrow Chad. Are we meeting at the Hsss? If so, what time?

Joe
rallyeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #193
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Saturday Morning November 24, 2012

the route towards Savannah/ TET ride sounds great to me but a glitch is
I must be back in Charleston (Jim Isle) by 1:30. My Grandson, CJ, is having
his first birthday party and I can't miss it. I hope you can arrange
for an early start and wouldn't mind if I cut out on you early in order to make it back
in time. If that works let me know where to meet and when. BTW, limited
to about 85 MPH due to 14 tooth sprocket choice but if you run
faster I'll just catch up during your breaks. One good place to meet may be Dodges
Store in Red Top, the earlier the better for me. God bless and best regards, Ken 843-609-5380

This was a paved run across the GA line and then back for me, I hope the rest
of the day went well for the others and hope to ride with yall again sometime.

BigWrench screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 07:26 PM Reason: update
BigWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #194
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Sunday ride Nov 25

Didn't have to go out of town this weekend, so planning a ride for tomorrow, Sunday. Technical stuff preferred, and after talking to a few, may trailer the Husky to that riding area just above Columbia early tomorrow. BigWrench rode up, ran the loop a couple times and rode home a month or so ago, and said it's a blast. My butt can't take that much saddle time, so I'm trailering. I can fit at least one, and maybe two more bikes in my truck and on trailer. Since we're trailering, even pure dirt bikes are welcome if we get a small group. Anyone interested?

Otherwise, I'll be riding around here, and It's been so long since I've done HoCat or Meow, those are in the mix.

Since it's so close to go time, call my cell or email me if you're interested.
Clint
clemon3@sotank.com
Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #195
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
saturday, sunday riding December 1-2, 2012

~7AM Saturday morning leaving the Hess station on Savannah Hwy at Main Rd and headed to the HOCAT.
Taking HOCAT to the MEOW
Taking the MEOW to the new loop Laura posted and headed NW on that then
Carrying on up to Parsons Mountain OHV trail then E to
Cedar Springs OHV trail, I'll be getting a room in the Abbeville area then
Undertermined fun riding back this way all day Sunday

Join any part or all.
Those who want to join along the route text when and where you think, and
I'll try to accommodate. Ken 843-609-5380 text or voicemail

God bless and best regards, Ken

BigWrench screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 07:28 PM Reason: added voicemail option
BigWrench is offline   Reply With Quote