User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #436
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,501
If any of you need any parts, I'm parting out my 99 250LQ

For you 605 guys, the wheels will fit your bikes.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post19729527
TAT and TWVT survivor

Jeff@TheQuadShop screwed with this post 10-02-2012 at 12:51 PM
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:53 PM   #437
BronkoRob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
my name is rob...and i have an ATK addiction.

ive noticed im not the only one who seems to come back to ATK either, glad im not alone. i just picked up a 97 605. this is my third ATK. first one was a 94, great bike, but needed the cash and regretted selling it. second was an 88 or 89 604. had all kinds of issues and i am pretty sure it was pieced together with spare parts, and thought i would never go back to ATKs again. well im sure you all know its a love hate relationship with these bikes, well with any exotic or vintage bike.

i was looking for a dual sport but the usual bikes just seemed a little slow and boring to me. so i was able to do some trading and came up with a 97 with around 4000 miles. doing maintenance right now, will get some pics up soon. want to keep the thread alive and going.

looking for dual sport gearing. right now it a 15/46 i believe. want to do some longer trips and this would include some highway time. what is a good compromise of trail and short shots of 65-70 mph?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #438
Island Rider
solo adventurer

Oddometer: 111
After reading all about ATK I thought this sounded like my kind of bike. So far I have only ridden it around a parking lot. It needs lots of tlc, but that should be fun
Island Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #439
BronkoRob
Adventurer

looks like you got a great bike to start with. keep us posted on the work. if you havent yet check out the ATK yahoo groups and atkmotorsports.com forum for tons of great info. there is a good size diehard following behind these bikes....welcome to your new obsession.

in case you dont know already. before you get carried away and really hammering the bike, if your not 100% sure the timing belt has been changed recently......change it out. after that once a year to be safe.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #440
BronkoRob
Adventurer

i know there is not a lot of traffic here lately, but maybe a few are still around. Is anyone still desert racing their ATK? thinking about trying a few D37 or D38 events next year. looking for any tips or advice on bike setup. i will be on a 97 605. ive heard each frame generation had its quirks. wondering if there is anything on the 97 frame that needs to be reinforced.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #441
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronkoRob View Post
i know there is not a lot of traffic here lately, but maybe a few are still around. Is anyone still desert racing their ATK? thinking about trying a few D37 or D38 events next year. looking for any tips or advice on bike setup. i will be on a 97 605. ive heard each frame generation had its quirks. wondering if there is anything on the 97 frame that needs to be reinforced.
Call the ATK factory and ask for LEE. He is an expert on ATK's and his team has won multiple BITD and D37 championships on ATK 250LQ's and 605's. I believe they still race the 605.
TAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #442
Stretch67
Bent, But Not Broken

Oddometer: 4,573
The Deal Of A Lifetime!

Sho' 'nuff?

----------------

2000 ATK 605. American bike with all the goodies. Olins rear shock, Paolli front forks, Brembo brakes and rotors, Talon hubs. Bought the bike a couple years back with intent to restore to showroom condition. Hard times are forcing the sale of this bike, it will go to the first $600. Bike is currently tagged and is street legal. Blue Florida title in hand and ready to sign over. I probably haven't messed with the bike in the last 6 months or so. It is kick and electric start, so maybe the battery is low on juice but a quick charge should be all thats needed to ride. Probably wouldn't hurt to drain the tank and put fresh fuel in it. I can also let the size 10 or 10 1/2 fox boots, fox gloves, brand new helmet, goggles and loading ramp go with the bike as well. I believe this is the largest displacement 4-stroke bike ATK has ever made, it is a monster. Feel free to call if you have any questions. $600 cash takes it, I don't have time for BS so serious inquires only ***-***-**** text are fine as well. Thanks for looking.

http://florida.findanycycle.com/moto...-lifetime.html

----------------------

What do you think is wrong with it? Belt failure at high RPM (smashed valves)? Stripped Countershaft? Both?

I want a '99-'03 605 DSES in the worst way, and this one's within a few hours' drive from me, but I'm not even going to go take a look at it.
XR400 Index
Stretch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #443
davidmild
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Rear Cush Hub to Suit '94 605 DSES

Hi, First time post to this thread (I think) and I am hoping the collective wisdom can advise me on the above.

Has anyone fitted or definitely know what cush hub will fit a 1994 (twin loop frame) ATK 605DSES?

I have been in touch with Rad Mfg and they want my rear hub sent over (from Oz) before they will make a call on what may fit or if they need to make a hub. I don't mind buying the hub, in fact I really like the wedge set-up of the cush in the Rad compared to the O-rings in the (possible alternative) Talon, but sending the hub to the US and then back to Oz seems a bit drastic (I might have to do this yet). Someone must know the interchangeability of rear wheels into the 605. What other hubs/wheels will fit? Or is it a matter of finding something close and sort it out on the spacers?

One train of thoughts I had was checking if a KTM 640 or 690 rear hub fits and either using one of those or order a Rad cush to fit a 640/690 and then sort it out on the spacers. Can anyone help? Thanks.
2012 Husaberg TE300
davidmild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #444
Stretch67
Bent, But Not Broken

I've been reading the ATK forum at ATKmotorsports dot com for a while now, learning about 605's in particular. I'm registered on that forum, but it's been a bit of time now and my account still isn't activated... I'm not able to post, or even send messages to folks.

Does anyone here have an email address for ATKrider or any other of the big wheels on that forum? I just want to ask them to activate my account.

ATKrider doesn't have an email address listed on his profile, and I can't PM him since I can't log in.

Thanks for your help.

-Stretch
XR400 Index
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #445
Island Rider
solo adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Stretch
The same things happened to me I've heard nothing from them for over 10 days.
Island Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #446
Stretch67
Bent, But Not Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Rider View Post
Stretch
The same things happened to me I've heard nothing from them for over 10 days.
I've PM'd a couple guys here on ADV who are also long-standing members on the ATK forum. Perhaps they'll know how we can contact somebody.
XR400 Index
Old 12-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #447
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
I sent a PM to the admin on the forum for you guy's. Low traffic and high spam might be the issue here but I'm not sure. Hopefully he can get you guy's taken care of
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #448
Stretch67
Bent, But Not Broken

Thanks, Brother!

-Stretch
XR400 Index
Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #449
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
atk doesnt make anything exciting anymore,I believe they put there name on hyosungs or kymco made bikes.Would love to own one of them 700 2 strokes or stick that engine into a quad frame ,maybe there cannondale frame.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #450
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
I'm one of those people that believes ATK ended with the Rotax 605 in 03. Some believe ATK ended in 93....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
atk doesnt make anything exciting anymore,

Agreed

I believe they put there name on hyosungs made bikes.

Yep

Would love to own one of them 700 2 strokes

Maico

or stick that engine into a quad frame

Storm ATV did that awhile back... Not sure if they're still around... ,

maybe there cannondale frame

Tried to stick anything into my Cannonboom frame--nearly impossible :(