Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #15301
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothride View Post
Acerbisrear fuel tank 1.6 gallons 104.99 canadain at Viciouscycle.ca has any one ever seen one of these or used one of these it it a universal fit.
Think you'd be a lot better off carry extra fuel in some kind of saddlebags.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #15302
galland1
n00b

Oddometer: 114
Hi, quick question. I have the BRP sub mount Scotts stabilizer. Will the 6.3 gal. Acerbis tank fit?
galland1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #15303
Unsung
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Okay, I've finally gotten in touch with the guy I'm planning to buy this XR650R tomorrow from. Here's the details on it. Baja kit with aftermarket headlight, turn signals, passenger foot pegs, and bigger tank. Hand guards, fat handlebars, big gun exhaust. And supposedly rejetted for the exhaust. Just wanted everyone's opinion on this bike. 2002 XR650R in beautiful condition, plated, dirt tires. It has a dent in front rim but he said it doesn't effect the bike, this seems to be only "problem" with it, if it is indeed a problem. He said it takes 6-7 kicks to start it when it's cold outside, 3 on a warm day, 1 after it's run any amount of time. $2,250 sound good for this bike?

Here's a photo of it, I've not seen it in person yet.
Unsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #15304
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothride View Post
Acerbisrear fuel tank 1.6 gallons 104.99 canadain at Viciouscycle.ca has any one ever seen one of these or used one of these it it a universal fit.
i use these if i need to carry fuel as i have a 28 ltr tank on already plus the bags gives me 52 ltrs ....2x 12ltr bladders in a custom bag hangs over the tank

best solution yet to carry exta fuel

then on the bike
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #15305
Jayrod1318
Poster

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung View Post
Okay, I've finally gotten in touch with the guy I'm planning to buy this XR650R tomorrow from. Here's the details on it. Baja kit with aftermarket headlight, turn signals, passenger foot pegs, and bigger tank. Hand guards, fat handlebars, big gun exhaust. And supposedly rejetted for the exhaust. Just wanted everyone's opinion on this bike. 2002 XR650R in beautiful condition, plated, dirt tires. It has a dent in front rim but he said it doesn't effect the bike, this seems to be only "problem" with it, if it is indeed a problem. He said it takes 6-7 kicks to start it when it's cold outside, 3 on a warm day, 1 after it's run any amount of time. $2,250 sound good for this bike?

Around here in colorado it would definitely sell for that. One sorted like that would be listed at 3k plus. what they sell for is any ones guess. but this looks like a great deal, does'nt looked used and abused.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #15306
galland1
n00b

Oddometer: 114
Quote:

Definitely in the ballpark. Don't like where the dent is in the rim. I'd fix that. Very nice one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
galland1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #15307
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Okay, I've finally gotten in touch with the guy I'm planning to buy this XR650R tomorrow from. He said it takes 6-7 kicks to start it when it's cold outside, 3 on a warm day, 1 after it's run any amount of time. $2,250 sound good for this bike?
If mechanically sound, then that is a steal.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #15308
Unsung
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
If mechanically sound, then that is a steal.
Well here's hoping. I go get it tomorrow. I can't wait to put it on these gravel tank trails in the national forest I live in. Which reminds me, I should buy some new body armor tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #15309
seasider
Just a rider

Oddometer: 403
Super Moto Question

Had an 01 and sold it......... BIG MISTAKE!
Just picked up a 2000 completely unmolested bike that happen to come with a set of CR500 hubs laced for super moto complete with tires, discs and caliper re locator but no sprocket.

What would be an appropriate rear to run off the 14 tooth counter for some general street fun when the dirt tires are "resting"?

Happy to have an XRR again
Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #15310
hontri
Global Bummer!

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider View Post
Had an 01 and sold it......... BIG MISTAKE!
Just picked up a 2000 completely unmolested bike that happen to come with a set of CR500 hubs laced for super moto complete with tires, discs and caliper re locator but no sprocket.

What would be an appropriate rear to run off the 14 tooth counter for some general street fun when the dirt tires are "resting"?

Happy to have an XRR again
I run 16/42 sprockets on my Moto.With a 15 on the front i ran a 38 out back. Personally i would up the front sprocket to a 15 or 16.They are cheap.
hontri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #15311
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasider View Post
I run 15/43 on mine. Most common for street Sumos on Supermotojunkie is 15/45, 15/47. Just do the math to convert to the same ratio using a 14T front.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #15312
seasider
Just a rider

Oddometer: 403
Thanks Slikwill and hontri.
Appreciate the info and just also realized there is a supermotard thread so i will direct future questions over there if the interest developes after I try those tires out.
Love the XRR dirt info here and dont want to make too clean!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #15313
AGiN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
EFI the BRP

Hello everyone from Kazakhstan!

I am a new to posting here, but was following this thread since page 200.
Recently I have found the universal EFI kit on http://www.ecotrons.com/400cc_to_800...e_EFI_kit.html
and want to know what you guys think about it. Seems like preaty decent kit and the only consern is adapters to airbox, and absence of constant 12v power (battery).
Is there any posibility to succesufly mount it into our bikes?

Regards
Agyn
AGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #15314
RalphyDo
Banned

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGiN View Post
Hello everyone from Kazakhstan!

I am a new to posting here, but was following this thread since page 200.
Recently I have found the universal EFI kit on http://www.ecotrons.com/400cc_to_800...e_EFI_kit.html
and want to know what you guys think about it. Seems like preaty decent kit and the only consern is adapters to airbox, and absence of constant 12v power (battery).
Is there any posibility to succesufly mount it into our bikes?

Regards
Agyn

Ecotron has had some bad reveiws. They may have changed stuff around since I read about them but here is a thread about the ecotron on a DRZ400:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/919...uild-turbo-fi/

You have to have a battery to run the Ecotron. Not a big deal, a battery is easy to add to the XRR
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #15315
Unsung
Adventurer

I now own a 2002 XR650R. The bike is beautiful, and runs perfect. I was afraid it wouldn't be in as nice of shape as the PO and his photos suggested, but it is! Aside from a few scratches here and there on the plastic, the thing looks great. The engine isn't dirty, the tires are in great shape. Only thing is I need to lower it or put a lower seat. I'm 5'11 and I'm on my toes while on it. I gave $2,250, and I'm very happy with it. Anyone know any good lower seats available for the bike? Also, I should get a front rim to replace the one on it that has the dent. Time to shop for goodies.

Could someone look at that last page with the picture of my bike and tell me if it looks like it sits higher than normal? It supposedly has same ride height as a CR500R, but it seems a bit taller to me. I'm thinking the suspension is set up for someone quite a bit heavier and that's the problem. But I was looking at pictures of other people's XR650R's and then a photo of mine, and mine looks like it sits an inch or two higher than others I've seen.

Unsung screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 10:33 PM