User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Itgetsnobetter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Dragon Rally

Never mind wearing lederhosen. . . . . .I got the Dragon tickets in this mornings post.
The last line reads "Remember camping out in winter is for the physically fit" theres no mention of mental state
Maybe see some of you there, I will have a Peugoet Boxer door and a double canoe.
Itgetsnobetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
I'll be there.
I'll be on a grey F800GS with an Awesome Player Offroad MC sticker on it. I'll be with my mate who'll be on a black Tenere 660. I'll be camped in a tipi with a stove in it, come and say hi.

My first one, I've been meaning to do it for years, but something has always gotten in the way. My tickets arrived 2 days ago.

Good luck with getting the Peugeout boxer on site, the following is their FAQ, in its entirety:

Quote:
FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions

Can I bring my car?
NO CARS, NO EXCEPTIONS.

I am disabled, can I bring my car?
NO CARS, NO EXCEPTIONS. We do not discriminate against disabled people, just car drivers. Anyone with a disability that can’t ride a motorcycle is welcome to arrive on a trike or sidecar
I suspect a Van won't be any more acceptable!, even if technically, they've not said you can't bring one.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
Itgetsnobetter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Only the door

No van, just the door, well actually its a K75RT, but it looks like a van door

We will look out for you, your set up sounds pretty good.

Last time I went was early 80's when I was working in Conwy on the Conwy crossing A55 project.
Itgetsnobetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Great, I look forwards to seeing you.

Ah, good old K-bikes. A colleague of mine did all his business travel on one for 5 years.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
GFJ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Hi Ceri - not seen you for some time; 'was either a MM or HAF event I think. Keeping well?

I'll be there on an X Challenge with a mate on a X County (Yellow - you can't miss it!)

The 50th Dragon was good, but not been since; looking forward to this one. Hopefully catch you there early on whilst I can still conduct some form of communication - it's hard night!!

G
GFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFJ View Post
Hi Ceri - not seen you for some time; 'was either a MM or HAF event I think. Keeping well?

I'll be there on an X Challenge with a mate on a X County (Yellow - you can't miss it!)

The 50th Dragon was good, but not been since; looking forward to this one. Hopefully catch you there early on whilst I can still conduct some form of communication - it's hard night!!

G
Hello :)

Yes, one of the HAFs, 7 I think must be 2 years or so now. Hope you're doing well. Good here; F8 still behaving itself and now I'm finally living in one place I've joined the local TRF at long last (South Wales lot) and get out occasionally. I do a lot of my riding in mid Wales these days (Rhayader and that neck of the woods). Was up there yesterday crashing through the ice on Strata Florida.

Will be great to catch up. I should be there fairly early; it looks like I'm going to stay with the friend I am riding there with in Chester the night before, so would be surprised if I was there later than lunchtime. Where are you heading in from?

I'll keep any eye out for you, would be good to have a bevvy or three.