User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
nickel512 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
A quicky after 60 days in MX n CA

First I have to say that after the first leg of my trip, 12 days in MX, the one word I would use to describe my experience- fn charming, ok two words. I stealth camped my very first night in mx to wake up to a singing old cabellero on a horse herding about 30 or so goats right past my tent. We exchanged buenas dias and on he went.

I am at the border in Belize arriving from Guat at migration n an hombre taps me on the shoulder and hands me my front fender pack, and walks away. What had happened was leaving Tikal for Belize on the main road, during the last 25 km before entering Belize, the road changed from asphalt to incredibly rough dirt hole pocked road n my front fender pack shook loose n fell off. This Guatemalan fell must have been behind me n picked it up crossed a border to see that i got it back.......did I say that it contained a stash of 5 one hundred dollar bills.

If you are on a $50 a day budget and camp at a beach posada such as Zipotle in MX or say Madera beach in Nica or say El tunco in El Salvador for say $2.50 or $3 a night.....you can run a hell of a bar tab

Sitting in Antigua at the moment bumming out as I had a bottle of red with my dinner and shopped for mi ninos n espousa last night only to leave my shopping bag, with $400 or so dollars of Xmas gifts, in the corner on the ground of a place where I stopped n had another glass of red. I can't remember the name or location of this place. I have got several locals trying to help me with the problem. If you know Antigua you know there are dozens of establishments in a 8 by 8 square block area. So due to the learning philosophy of "state dependent learning" I am going to have to have another bottle of red tonight and burn one and wander the streets looking for this place as I have a perfect pic in my head of what it looked like.I am really hoping to find this joint and also recover my purchases. Oh yeah and in Antigua the place to find burn age is the guys hanging out in front of the MacDonalds
nickel512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,317
Was in Antigua during & just after the civil war ended. There was an agreement on both sides to leave this town out of the fighting. This was once the capital city of the country. There was a BK there then but no MikiDees. Neat touristy town.
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
nickel512 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Antigua to Panachel the back way

Sitting in Panachel got here in the dark, approached Lake Aitilan at dusk came thru Zepetan from southeast of lake and rough dirt road yet unbelievable scenery.
nickel512 is offline   Reply With Quote