Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #316
Argus16
Fake n00b

Oddometer: 420
Tree's Restaurant in Parksville/Errington... close to Spunky's Motorcycle Shop. Very, very good food and pastries; make sure you bring back a loaf of home-made bread too for the wife... 'cause that's why you went for the ride, right?

Argus16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #317
DNF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Lunch today at Epic Sushi (formerly know as Funky Monkey) in Nelson. Very good burger but that was not kimchee. Call it something else ok? Sushi was very good but the rolls are swimming in mayo. Can't taste the fish. Still probably one of the finer places to eat in Nelson. Burgers are 10 to 14 bucks and the fries are quite good.

Actually might say it is one of my top three right now.
DNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #318
CaribooBC
life is an adventure

Oddometer: 264
We were in Nelson this summer for a couple of days, we found the restaurants there to be at best mediocre. It is worth the drive down to Salmo to get lunch at the Dragonfly Cafe. We have been there every summer for the past three years and the food has been superb each time, the decor (photos especially) are stunning as well.
We have been to the Cedar Creek Cafe in Winlaw as well and found their breakfasts to be good. Didn't get to the Goldpanner on Hwy #6 this year but it was good last summer.
We did find a new favorite this year, The Burner Pub on #1 at the east end of Malakwa, just where the highway goes from 4 to 2 lanes. Great ribs, good soups and burgers. It is in an old beehive burner!
For those of you coming through hwy #24 (past my home!), give Marcel's Boulevard Cafe a try. Best food in the South Cariboo. It is beside the new Rona store at Interlakes. Only open Tuesday-Sunday for breakfast and lunch and dinners on Friday and Saturday.
CaribooBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #319
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
This place is incredible and probably the number one destination point for a motorcycle ride on Vancouver Island. The most authentic English pub in British Columbia for sure. Great food, outside patio and gardens plus a large parking area for motorcycles. http://www.crowandgate.com/

Can you say Guinness

Well I had my first visit to this fine establishment this weekend - it was on Saturday afternoon and it was packed with people. Definitely an older crowd favourite and by the kind of cars in the parking lot, and affluent one as well. I was the only bike there - my son and I stopped in for lunch and a pint. The crab cakes are great and from what I saw from what other patrons were ordering, I will have to return and sample the other menu items. Good selection of beers - I had the chance to sample some Irish bitters which will be on my order list next time. I now have a new favourite place to go.
jackd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #320
OurBC OP
Live to Travel

Oddometer: 373
Pioneer House near Duncan

Located at Whippletree Junction just south of Duncan on Hwy 1 the Pioneer House has been serving up good food for years. Breakfast was decent, log building very interesting. http://www.pioneerhouserestaurant.com/location.html

Pioneer House near Duncan

Good Breakfast
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #321
TOTim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Pescadores in Port Alberni is worth a stop.

Stopped there twice and everyting was amazing.
TOTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #322
RecycledRS
Along for the ride

Oddometer: 1,038
Sprockets Cafe in Sorrento

Stopped to visit the Dreamcycle Motorcycle Museum In Sorrento (great place with a lot of very interesting bikes) and had lunch at Sprockets Cafe. Food was very good and affordable. Highly recommend both the cafe and museum.
www.dreamcycle.ca
Old 11-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #323
OurBC OP
Live to Travel

Jam Cafe in Victoria

Tried the Jam Cafe on Herald Street in Victoria. The fairly new place offers an all day non traditional breakfast style menu that does takes a while to figure out what to get. All in all the food was good. Very trendy crowd.

The only issues are a possible line up to get in as there is only around 50 seats available and the cold air coming in everytime the door gets opened by people coming in and out, make sure you have a warm coat.

If you have lots of time available give it a try. http://www.jamcafevictoria.com/. Breakfast around $20. Same owners operate the Union Pacific Coffee across the street, http://www.unionpacificcoffee.com/.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #324
OurBC OP
Live to Travel

Haida-Way Restaurant in Chemainus

Had a chance to have the Curry Chicken on fries today at the Haida-Way Restaurant in Chenainus on Hwy 1. Was not disappointed! http://www.haidaway.ca/

Breaded Curry Chicken on fries at the Haida-Way in Chemainus
Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #325
OurBC OP
Live to Travel

Sante Gluten-Free Cafe

Had a meeting of the motorcycle minds yesterday with Fishnbiker at Sante Gluten-Free Cafe on Quadra Street. http://www.santeglutenfreecafe.com/

Fishnbiker

Good lunch
Old 12-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #326
chevmekanik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
looks like what real food eats!
chevmekanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #327
OurBC OP
Live to Travel

Laugh

Not only that the meal was also a little on the small size. Not a place if you require a full belly.
I hear the Village Cafe in Oak Bay is a better deal for gluten-free.http://thevillagerestaurant.ca/?action=menu. Will try it soon.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #328
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,444
Could very well depend on the belly size. I have to fill some rather large ones sometimes.

That's good, I'll send the boss there she is working on her's. I hope they have pastries there, that gets her everytime.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #329
OurBC OP
Live to Travel

Tell her they have cheese, chocolate and poppy seed cakes. Maybe there is a deal if you can eat all three at once.

OurBC screwed with this post 12-20-2012 at 11:02 AM
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #330
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
Tell her they have cheese, chocolate and poppy seed cakes. Maybe there is a deal if you can eat all three at once.
Poppy seed cake....Good thing we don't have to pee in the bottle. My Second Cook used to work the gulf on the oil rigs/supply boats, no baking poppy seed cake there.