ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #916
Doctor Zed
Resident

Oddometer: 1,146
No grease on bearings?
Now you tell me.
No wonder they only lasted from CADVR3 till now.
Doctor Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #917
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Zed View Post
No grease on bearings?
Now you tell me.
No wonder they only lasted from CADVR3 till now.
i dont know if you do this or not, but whenever i take a wheel off I pop the grease seal out and regrease. seems you got good life out of those though
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #918
Tinner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir-Faire View Post
Y'know, I'm starting to get real sick of the welcome around here. I've been gracious about it, I've been flippant about it, I've thrown it right back at people and I've ignored it -- none of it has worked. It's tiresome. All I want is an excuse to ride and maybe make a couple friends, and I'm pretty sure I can start looking elsewhere for it.

I know I'm rough 'round the edges and try to carouse a bit when I'm out on the town, but I'll be damned if I haven't made an effort. Just so I can identify (yet another) character flaw, is it anything other than my bike choice that inspires this?
I remember the first time i met some of this group. It was in a restaurant in New Glarus the jump off place for a days ride. Only thing is i was driving my car because my 08 Ultra Classic had a fried battery. Happened over night. You wanna talk about expecting and getting some shit...lol I was able to join them for maybe the last third of the ride.

So speaking from experience it really does not matter what you ride. Just as long as you are here. And i know that is a lot easier said than done. When you read other threads and posts you will realize that no brand or model is protected from harassment. it is really all in jest. And if it ever is not just tell em FYYFF.

Ride Safe and stick around

P.S. Big Black (ultra) was sold to Flo (progressive ins.) Sept. 2011

Ride em if you got em!

Tinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #919
Tinner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Funny story! I was rolling into PDS on the way to Boscobel on my KLR and my rear was getting squishy feeling. Fella behind me at the light on 12/60 says Hey! You got a flat rear tire! Pull into kwik trip grab a can of fix a flat and the goo flows out as fast as it's flowing in via a giat chunk of metal that shredded the tube. Now what, yup head down the road a bit and buy a HD branded tube and change it in the parking lot using the on-board tool kit (I bent my pliers handle prying the tire off) with the bike propped up on the kickstand and my thermos.

I had quite a few people looking at me from inside the dealership. The service department was nice enough to let me air up my tire. I got er all together and most of the service department were outside cheering when I left. Nice folks there.

BTW, just tell Ben to piss off. Actually, ask Ben how his Kawi project is going
Sauk Prairie H.D. is without a doubt the best dealership of any brand that I have ever dealt with.

Ride em if you got em!

Tinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #920
Doctor Zed
Resident

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Zed View Post

Opposite view of the tag

And here is your "clue"
Looks like some more warm weather comming...
Doctor Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #921
little john
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,019
I know exactly where that is and we tried to go capture the flag yesterday, but Sue got cold by the time we got to Poynette, so we went home. on the bright side I saw more deer than I did all season, so next year I'm just driving this bike out in the woods and use it as a blind, its a freeking deer magnet!
little john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #922
MoreCheese
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by little john View Post
. . . on the bright side I saw more deer than I did all season, so next year I'm just driving this bike out in the woods and use it as a blind, its a freeking deer magnet!
Ha! I know the feeling. Twice this last month deer have run into the side of my truck. Can't find any deer where you are hunting, just have me drive though the woods and they will come running.
MoreCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #923
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by little john View Post
so next year I'm just driving this bike out in the woods and use it as a blind, its a freeking deer magnet!
On the way home Sunday we passed that bar and FVP performance shop on 60/cty B. There was a guy parked in the middle of a harvested corn field hunkered down behind a bright red ATV with his shotgun facing the tree line. I mentioned it to the wife how having a mobile blind might just be the hot ticket.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #924
zora OP
the explora

Oddometer: 1,979
I was just about to update the grabbed tags map, but worry I'll jinx the weather even more. As soon as someone is brave enough to get the current Devil's Lake one, I'll get on it and catch us up.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #925
zora OP
the explora

Gonna be weird not getting Snowjobbed all the time.

Who is gonna fill his shoes this year?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #926
dsm_rally
The Lorax

Oddometer: 1,200
Well now that you have that fancy new road bike maybe you could do some shoe fillin.

So what's the leaderboard look like these days?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #927
zora OP
the explora

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm_rally View Post
Well now that you have that fancy new road bike maybe you could do some shoe fillin.

So what's the leaderboard look like these days?
Pfffft. Riding on a plank with knobbies NEVER stopped me from ruling at tags! Only time. Stupid jobs and all.

I will tally them up. Bet you're the leader though.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #928
zora OP
the explora

Well that was quite a little trip down memory lane.

Some blasts from the past like Tinner and Noodle. Where are you guys?

I also learned that Savvy changed his name to Beau Peep on here. Huh.

As expected, DSM is the tag master with 25 grabs.

I'm in second with 17.

Snowwy in third with 15.

MoreCheese in fourth with 14.

Claybuster in fifth with 12.

Don't expect any trophies though. Unless.....
Old 03-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #929
dsm_rally
The Lorax

Oddometer: 1,200
One of two things can be learned from that. Either I kick ass or I need to get a life. Hmmmm

I'm surprised snowyjobdavepikey doesn't have more.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #930
zora OP
the explora

His wild hour, middle of the night, ninja grabs just seem like they should count for more points.