ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #91
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!

Oddometer: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannda View Post
And they think lightning strikes (which was not the cause of this fire) are "caused by humans?"

Sure. Global warming/climate change=more severe storms=more ground lightening=fire oh and drought making drier fuels easier for lightening to catch. But I digress.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #92
petepuma OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
You gonna blame global warming for the dust bowl...back in the 1920's i think?
petepuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #93
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,172
Oh yea....

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it:

• The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures
  • This means that the ‘pause’in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-prove-it.html
Old 10-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #94
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannda View Post
And they think lightning strikes (which was not the cause of this fire) are "caused by humans?"
The governor certainly did a good job banning jobs, tax revenue and well being for hundreds when he axed fireworks but allowed campfires. Care to guess which on started a forest fire in Colorado?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #95
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 5,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
Oh yea....

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it:

• The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures
  • This means that the ‘pause’in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-prove-it.html
From the latest NOAA data:

You need to be careful about believing stuff that comes from the 'Mail'. Must be a Rupert Murdoch paper, ya think?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...?newsfeed=true

doc_ricketts screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 11:24 AM
doc_ricketts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #96
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,401
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
From the latest NOAA data:

You need to be careful about believing stuff that comes from 'NOAA'. Must be an Obama paper, ya think?
wzd1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #97
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzd1a View Post
Fixed.
CSM, here we come.....

I thought this thread was supposed to be about the thieves and arsonists that the Springs is Rife with.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #98
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 5,074
[QUOTE=HellSickle;19831943]CSM, here we come.....

I thought this thread was supposed to be about the thieves and arsonists that the Springs is Rife with.[/QUOTEI

That is right. I don't think most people will deny that Colorado is in a very dry spell and there is lots of dead pine standing around. And lots of lightning this year with arson clearly being a factor also. I am up in Washington state for a couple more months and it has been a record fire year here for the same reasons, mainly a record drought and lots of dead trees. A couple of fires here were started with campfires and one from rifle shooting with rocks as a backstop, but don't remember one being arson related. However in Cali there are many arsons near populated areas and clear evidence that the Waldo Canyon fire was such.

doc_ricketts screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 04:28 PM
doc_ricketts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #99
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,589
Seems some folks, mostly those where the houses survived, are having problems getting their claims taken care of. Probably no surprise there.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/home...n-shadows.html
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #100
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Almost 3 months ago (see my post eariler in this thread [#62]) fire investigators released the cause of the fire to "officials" and politicians. I suspect that this fire may be classified as a terrorist act (regardless of who started it) and appears to be arson no matter how it is finally classified.

I have suspected for some time that Insurance companies would use the terrorism clause in the policies (as have been added since 9.11) to deny any claims related to this fire. All my insurance policies have been ammended with a terrorism clause.

Note that the public is still awaiting the information that was provided to "officials" and politicians almost 3 months ago.

wzd1a screwed with this post 11-19-2012 at 09:03 AM
Old 11-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #101
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,644
I thought that I was a skimmer. But after reading the news briefs on the Waldo fire I didn't come away with Terrorist attack at all.

I could see where it is convent to suggest that every arson fire is a terrorist attack. But past investigations suggest that there is a clear line when it comes to intent for an arson fire.
In the past people have started fires for all sorts of reasons. Ranging from stress, to needing work as a fire fighter.

On the other hand if the investigators who are working this fire want a quick cop out. Then the community needs to hold them accountable for their actions. One can't just claim terrorist act without any proof.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #102
Lovin' it Strom
Now low fat!

Oddometer: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair View Post
I thought that I was a skimmer. But after reading the news briefs on the Waldo fire I didn't come away with Terrorist attack at all.

I could see where it is convent to suggest that every arson fire is a terrorist attack. But past investigations suggest that there is a clear line when it comes to intent for an arson fire.
In the past people have started fires for all sorts of reasons. Ranging from stress, to needing work as a fire fighter.

On the other hand if the investigators who are working this fire want a quick cop out. Then the community needs to hold them accountable for their actions. One can't just claim terrorist act without any proof.

Well, we do know for a fact that terrorist organizations have been planning starting large forest fires. Hell that goes back to acts of war as far as fire was a controllable discovery. The Japanese were 'attacking' American soil floating gas filled balloons over the pacific northwest during WWII.

I find it odd that "officials" haven't made causes of the fire public yet. But I have to agree, if they manage to pin this to someone with a middle eastern name or Muslim convert there is a good chance they'll try to call it terrorism.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #103
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Colorado Springs releasing final report on Waldo Canyon Fire

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...do-canyon-fire
Old 05-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #104
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Waldo Cyn Fire initial reporting ignored

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/05/0...re-mishandled/

Excerpt:

e El Paso County Sheriff said his department mishandled the call four hours before firefighters discovered the front line of what would become Colorado’s most destructive wildfire. Noel Boyce called 911 and told dispatchers where the fire was smoldering in June 2012.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_231378...on-fire-report

Excerpt:

A man called on June 23 and said he saw a fire smoldering while he was hiking, the sheriff's office said. The dispatcher said the Pueblo Forest Service was already aware of it and would be there shortly.
However, fire crews already out searching for the fire were never told.

wzd1a screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 03:13 PM
Old 07-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #105
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Black Forest Fire report w/ cause finally issued - but not made public.

Must be a politician, public employee, a relative or a terrorist (not much difference) was involved in the arson. I could not find the Black Forest fire thread, so I posted this here.

It amazes me that this is not public information.

Linky: http://wildfires.einnews.com/article...A8rbdZ2K5ZYcEd

Modified Excerpt:
The sheriff's office announced Wednesday (7.30.2014) that it had received the missing information it needed before being able to give its report to the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office for review. Sheriff Terry Maketa and his staff were waiting for a cause and origin report from the U.S. Forest Service.

Now:

Where's Waldo (fire cause report) - politicians were informed long ago - see posts above.

wzd1a screwed with this post 07-31-2014 at 12:46 PM