ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #1576
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Farmington, New Mexico (Four Corners Area)
Oddometer: 931
In regards to the location of the ladder or elevator; taosgsr is always kind of hush hush about riding locations. He is like a ninja wrapped in stealth technology. Next time we are up on the mesa I will point it out.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #1577
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer
 
VxZeroKnots's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Durango CO
Oddometer: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
I’m sorry I didn’t give you a call, but I am glad that you brought that up.

The truth of the matter is that trying to coordinate more than 4 riders quickly becomes a pain in the dick. If no one posts up about a ride I have no idea who is up for a ride. Now I could text everyone but that is where the pain starts. You can image that texting four people an average of four to five texts a piece makes me look like a fifteen year old female with my face in my phone (the skinny pants were bad enough when I am wearing skinny pants AND texting it’s way too much. I’m like “OMG she did not just say that” and she’s like “OMG”; and I’m like “yeah I know, OMG”; and then she’s like “Yeah, whatever”; . . . Next thing I know 45 minutes have passed and absolutely no information has been transmitted ).


On top of that the pastor at our Saturday night church really hates when I text through her sermon.

Now amplify the texting with rider X wanting to ride trail Y at 10:00; when rider P wants to ride trail Q at 10:30. To simplify the whole shebang a bang I plug everything in the equation:


You can image what this process was like before I discovered to utility of the Bernoulli number! Where the sum of i to the p from i to n equals the time and the location of the ride in binary when using the a base 2 mathematical system.*

At any rate I have decided to simplify matters.

If you are up for a ride anywhere at anytime simply post up.

If you want to ride a specific place at a specific time simply post up.

If someone contacts me in regards to a ride, I’m going.

If no one posts up I will assume I am riding by myself.

If you are particular whom you ride with don’t post to the list.

If multiple groups are riding in multiple areas that is great! Try to coordinate it to reduce the chance of a head on collision.

If you never want to ride with me but you still ride in the area and want to post pictures of your epic ride, then post up.





*(I honestly do not know what any of that shit is I just copied it from Wikipedia).
You just have to find the linearly independent Eigen values to form a solution, childs play really.*


(*Vx = math geek)
__________________
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #1578
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Farmington, New Mexico (Four Corners Area)
Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
You just have to find the linearly independent Eigen values to form a solution, childs play really.*


(*Vx = math geek)
I was once shived with a linearly independent Eigen value that had been ground down to a fine point during short incarceration in Mexico. The moral of that story was don't participate in any illegal chupacabra hunts in Mexico.

papa_j screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 12:48 AM
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #1579
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!
 
Brainless_1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Four Corners New Mexico
Oddometer: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
I was once shived by a linearly independent Eigen value that had been ground down to a fine point during short incarceration in Mexico. The moral of that story was don't participate in any illegal chupacabra hunts in Mexico.

So give me the 2 math equasions 1 for being able to control that KLX better and #2 for being able to work less and earn more $$$$


I know you send out alot of text messages its a good thing your a fast text and multi tasker! and I do appreciate you trying to get rides going

Even though I would like to ride more things havent been falling into place as much as I would like plus I really cant seem to ride the speed I used too for some reason! I hate holding the group up and I am really frustrated!!!!! And now I have no time to get the forks done to match the rear shock and I am not sure the rear shock is correct anyway.


Maybe someday I can afford a 350 Beta or maybe just pick up a good used and newer WR250 and add a bore kit.
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #1580
zeroblah
Snot nosed kid
 
zeroblah's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NorthWest New Mexico
Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
I’m sorry I didn’t give you a call, but I am glad that you brought that up.

The truth of the matter is that trying to coordinate more than 4 riders quickly becomes a pain in the dick. If no one posts up about a ride I have no idea who is up for a ride. Now I could text everyone but that is where the pain starts. You can image that texting four people an average of four to five texts a piece makes me look like a fifteen year old female with my face in my phone (the skinny pants were bad enough when I am wearing skinny pants AND texting it’s way too much. I’m like “OMG she did not just say that” and she’s like “OMG”; and I’m like “yeah I know, OMG”; and then she’s like “Yeah, whatever”; . . . Next thing I know 45 minutes have passed and absolutely no information has been transmitted ).


On top of that the pastor at our Saturday night church really hates when I text through her sermon.

Now amplify the texting with rider X wanting to ride trail Y at 10:00; when rider P wants to ride trail Q at 10:30. To simplify the whole shebang a bang I plug everything in the equation:


You can image what this process was like before I discovered to utility of the Bernoulli number! Where the sum of i to the p from i to n equals the time and the location of the ride in binary when using the a base 2 mathematical system.*

At any rate I have decided to simplify matters.

If you are up for a ride anywhere at anytime simply post up.

If you want to ride a specific place at a specific time simply post up.

If someone contacts me in regards to a ride, I’m going.

If no one posts up I will assume I am riding by myself.

If you are particular whom you ride with don’t post to the list.

If multiple groups are riding in multiple areas that is great! Try to coordinate it to reduce the chance of a head on collision.

If you never want to ride with me but you still ride in the area and want to post pictures of your epic ride, then post up.





*(I honestly do not know what any of that shit is I just copied it from Wikipedia).

AWWW, shit just got real son! (imagine me with a jew fro and the comb in it to add effect)


I have not looked through the pages, but it seems to me we've had this issue before. It is very hard to coordinate rides especially since we all have very different lives and schedules. I cant speak for everyone, but i really appreciate the efforts of anyone getting a group together to ride. If someone doesnt make it for certain reasons, no harm no foul in my mind.





So who is riding this weekend?
__________________
Sent from portable brain.
zeroblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #1581
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Farmington, New Mexico (Four Corners Area)
Oddometer: 931
Safety city at 10:30.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #1582
Ol76r
Adventurer
 
Ol76r's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Navajo Dam
Oddometer: 50
Sunday Ride

Im in........
Ol76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #1583
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Farmington, New Mexico (Four Corners Area)
Oddometer: 931
I was on the ground a lot today. In fact I took over Doug's role of being the one that had to be dusted off and put back on the bike. Thanks brainless. I hope somebody has at least a snipett of me rolling down the hill.

Did jones' elevator again but according to Doug I took the "wussy" way down.

papa_j screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 03:21 PM
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #1584
taosgsr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
taosgsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 3 miles south of 37, La Plata, NM
Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
In regards to the location of the ladder or elevator; taosgsr is always kind of hush hush about riding locations. He is like a ninja wrapped in stealth technology. Next time we are up on the mesa I will point it out.
SWEEET!!!! I'm now a NINJA! Don't mess with me or I'll go all Jackie Chan on your ass!
__________________
See ya at the Pub!!
"don't I have a real dirtbike to do this on?????"
taosgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #1585
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!
 
Brainless_1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Four Corners New Mexico
Oddometer: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
I was on the ground a lot today. In fact I took over Doug's role of being the one that had to be dusted off and put back on the bike. Thanks brainless. I hope somebody has at least a snipett of me rolling down the hill.

Did jones' elevator again but according to Doug I took the "wussy" way down.
Doug has some footage of you rolling down the hill but I havnt seen it
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #1586
Ol76r
Adventurer
 
Ol76r's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Navajo Dam
Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa_j View Post
I was on the ground a lot today. In fact I took over Doug's role of being the one that had to be dusted off and put back on the bike. Thanks brainless. I hope somebody has at least a snipett of me rolling down the hill.

Did jones' elevator again but according to Doug I took the "wussy" way down.
Hats off to those who did the kamakazi ride down the elevator, the rest of us wuss's rode off with out tails between our legs. I saw your tumble down the hill and thought "oh Sheeeet" he aint going to stop, good thing you kinda stretched out which stopped that roll.

Big Red had a rough day to start off with..........im just glad i wasn't on her when she hit the ground
Ol76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #1587
Brainless_1
Loose Nut!
 
Brainless_1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Four Corners New Mexico
Oddometer: 1,716
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Zeroblah!

Also Happy Birthday to Pat (Dougs Wife)
Brainless_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #1588
papa_j OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Farmington, New Mexico (Four Corners Area)
Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1 View Post
Happy Birthday Zeroblah!

Also Happy Birthday to Pat (Dougs Wife)
happy birthday y'all.
papa_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #1589
Ol76r
Adventurer
 
Ol76r's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Navajo Dam
Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless_1 View Post
Happy Birthday Zeroblah!

Also Happy Birthday to Pat (Dougs Wife)
Ditto Y'all
Ol76r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #1590
BIERSKI
Life Is Good
 
BIERSKI's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: 4 Corners
Oddometer: 53
Happy Birthday Zeroblah and Pat
__________________
"I don't want a pickle. Just want to ride on my motorsickle"
BIERSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014