ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #11356
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat View Post
that's how it starts. zombie foot.
Ouch - I was gonna guess you were standing on the pegs and your foot connected with a rock hidden in a bush. Sucks man n heal up we got more riding to do.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #11357
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Cool2 Ouch!

OUCH! That is a nasty looking zombie foot you have there.

Welcome to the injured list jp. hopefully we won't have too much more company.

Did theredrocket ride with you or were you by yourself this year?

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #11358
powerman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
That's pretty JP. Be sure to post pics as the colors change. The yellows mixed in with purple and greens make for lovely pics.
Hope you heal up soon.
powerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #11359
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,475
Bummer JP, heal up fast.... I was watching for you when I passed through Ludlow on Saturday, but it sounds like you didn't make it there. Will you be ready for DEVA DAYS?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #11360
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialScat View Post
that's how it starts. zombie foot.

So Ben, how long before JP becomes full blown zombie?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #11361
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,522
Ouch. Man that's one ugly foot.

I think that is the same gremlin that got me.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #11362
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 824
Jimmy Lewis school

Im debating taking the big plunge and going for a weekend with Jimmy and his school. Should help me prevent Zombie foot!
Anybody interested?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #11363
lsellers
a DSRIDER

Oddometer: 1,522
I got their email today too. I have always been interested in continuing education however 600 for two days, at the moment is out of my budget.
lsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #11364
montibank
Happy

Well... Got a hall pass for riding saturday... But maybe I'll go for some road since the local dirt situation sounds wet and nasty not to mention the number of folks on crutches or with limbs in slings is alarmingly high at the moment.

Tempted to find a 990 for sale and go for a test ride.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #11365
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
Tempted to find a 990 for sale and go for a test ride.
Wilsons, your welcome.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #11366
montibank
Happy

Ya ... I know they got one ... But its $6000 over my budget. There is one down south that is a little more realistic and I might be able to afford in spring. I know it may not be there in four months... But then again it might. I have managed to get some smoking deals on vehicles in the past by looking months in advance then coming back in later when it is still collecting dust on a showroom floor :p
Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #11367
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Puke Another BV story

JP wrote"LA B 2 V was slightly eventful for me this year.....only made it 3 hours into the ride before I crashed. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I high sided & then my bike landed on my foot. That was in cal city where the closest hospitals or medical facilities were Ridgecrest or Tehachapi....I opted for Barstow where I had a room for the night & could get help from the D-37 people.

Got to Barstow & got a ride to the urgent care & then the imaging place, had my results back before 5...fractured 3rd metatarsal, but no breaks.....had my brother drive to Barstow Friday night then left home sat morning....I have now officially joined the injured list.....but not for too long I hope "

I pitted for my buddy Ken from Colorado. He took the hard route to Ludlow.3 hours in, just before Ludlow, in an easy part of the course, he looked at a freight train going by, hit a rock and high-sided doing about 35.. Got a call from his riding buddies to come pick up him and his bike. Turned around and got him and his bike in Ludlow. Loaded bike and helped him peel off his gear. Took him to ER in Vegas. He was there all afternoon. Broke collarbone, 3 ribs, and chipped scapula. Hung around with him until today and he went home to Denver with his wife. Got taped and a sling and pain meds. He will be off work 5 weeks..
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #11368
Scrambleon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Eh? Lab2v 2013 ?

I'm starting to wonder if I really want to try to make the 2013 LAB2V ride. Sounds like a lot of carnage this year.

Scrambleon
Scrambleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #11369
theredrocket23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
LA-B to V

Well what an experience that was. Started with JP, but did not end with him. As you herd that brave young man broke his foot just after the first check point, My brother and I got him put back on his bike and to the highway and rode him into Cal city where there is little med. facilities. He rode on to Barstow while we road the hwy to Ransburg and stated the course again there. We got to Barstow aroung 5p.m. and had dinner with the fallen warrior.

Sat. a.m. we started at 6 a.m. and made it to Baker around 2 p.m.. due to time we hoped a ride into Vegas and called it good. We had flat tiers , crashes and we were lost due to our navigater having a broken foot and out of commission. We had a great time and am going again next year for sure. Our challange was mostly navagation and staying on course. We got pretty good at it on Sat but Friday was pretty harry.

All and all a great fun ride and am in for the next one.... Carnage, ya but if you ride slow and steady you will be fine.
theredrocket23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #11370
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerman View Post
That's pretty JP. Be sure to post pics as the colors change. The yellows mixed in with purple and greens make for lovely pics.
Hope you heal up soon.
Thanks Andrew, me too.....yes very nice patina on my foot right now, changing colors & patterns daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Bummer JP, heal up fast.... I was watching for you when I passed through Ludlow on Saturday, but it sounds like you didn't make it there. Will you be ready for DEVA DAYS?

....oh yeah I will be ready to go for DV Daze......You thinking about riding there again?.....that was an absolute blast