Old 11-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
stinkyrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Eh? Sierra nevada adventures mother lode ride

SIERRA NEVADA ADVENTURES
BLACK FRIDAY
MOTHER LOAD DUALSPORT RIDE

This was essentially the same ride we did last saturday in the pouring rain, however, this black friday, was not so black at all, as the sun was shining and the sky was a blue with temps touching the 70's, so it would be fair to say that was a complete turnaround from last weeks foul up. With an excellent turnout of 15 bikes, and 15 guys who rode their ass's off all day. Nobody was slouching and everybody was on their A-game. There was a broad mix of bikes, KTM's kawi's, susuki's, beemers, honda's, and even a broader mix of terrain and back roads on this run out.
We started from out usual bat cave out el dorado hills and did a quick warmup on latrobe rd. then up old sac rd. to plymouth, touched hwy49 for a sec then off on a myriad of single lane patch pavement and fun dirt roads in a southerly direction all the way down to murphy's. Along the way we stopped at such places like bunker hill mine.

http://sarajane.smugmug.com/SierraNe...DSC02828-M.jpg

the kennedy wheels mine area

mokelumne hill

visited some random mine shaft's behind a shell station, of all places

Then back on the dirt towards Ironstone vineyards, where it seemed everyone was so hungry, that the run down the last stretch dirt road turned into an all out flat track rack race. Super fun back road boogying to the highest level. And these guys rode well, no sketchy riders here, just balls to the wall riding. I think it was in the back of everybody's mind that with winter looming and the holidays approaching this may well be the last ride of the season for most of these guys. And it really shined through in everybody's spirit.

I cannot express how much I love stopping at Ironstone vineyards, the amphitheater, the ballroom, the 44 pound chunk of gold (the largest of it's kind in the world) the wine tasting, the chamber organ from the old alhambra theatre, the food, the gift shop, well these are just a few reasons to stop by, and i would also recommend the 2009 merlot, freaking fantastic, oh, and be sure you ask for Conrad, HE IS THE MAN !! so full of knowledge and local history it's amazing.
Well lunch is over and now mark has even a more exciting route for the way back home….mountain ranch…..sheep ranch……the list goes on and on, till we finally reach plymouth for the best hospitality and wedding soup one will ever find, in the old plymouth bar/hotel. Did you know the town of plymouth one hosted 36 bars?? Good stuff Maynard. This was a great day spent with a great bunch of riders, I can't wait to see you all again soon.
There are more photo's of this ride and others at
http://sarajane.smugmug.com/SierraNevadaAdventures

stinkyrider screwed with this post 04-15-2014 at 11:44 AM Reason: spelling
stinkyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Galen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Thumb

Nice write-up! It was a beautiful day for a great ride like this. Solid riders, variety of bikes (250 to 1200cc), awesome route. The Ironestone Vineyards is a must visit spot if anyone is ever in the area. Sheep Ranch Road is a lot more fun on a bike than the first time I was on it...road trip in 1980, driving my grandparents' '74 Ford LTD.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
SNA-mark
SNA-mark

Oddometer: 11
Cool2

Wow, what a great way to end the 2012 season with perfect Fall weather, no dust, great traction and a great group of riders made for a great day of dual sport adventure.

Thanks again to everyone who attended the Mother Lode Adventure.
SNA-Mark – it’s all about adventure…
Visit: www.SierraNevadaAdventures.com it’s all about Adventure!

http://www.sierranevadaadventures.com/
SNA-mark is offline   Reply With Quote