ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #3361
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer: 1,126
Zoid s wife here..... He is having a down day today..... Headache and not feeling as well.... But, he had his chest tube out last night and they are working at controlling his pain without the really hard stuff.... He might be released this afternoon or tomorrow to a rehab center..... I want him at Maddonna, if at all possible... Will try to keep you posted as where he will be moved to and when so he can continue to have visitors....... We can not thank you all enough for your generous outpouring of well wishes and visitation..... Dan looks forward to these visits!
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #3362
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
Zoid s wife here..... He is having a down day today..... Headache and not feeling as well.... But, he had his chest tube out last night and they are working at controlling his pain without the really hard stuff.... He might be released this afternoon or tomorrow to a rehab center..... I want him at Maddonna, if at all possible... Will try to keep you posted as where he will be moved to and when so he can continue to have visitors....... We can not thank you all enough for your generous outpouring of well wishes and visitation..... Dan looks forward to these visits!
Tell him to hang in there Merrie.
How is his memory?

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #3363
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Zoid's wife: Dan was moved to the rehab portion of Bryant LGH around 8 this evening and is in room 305..... He will be in extensive rehab most of the day and will be finished by about 3:30-4:00 each day M-F..... I am thankful because this will give me some time to ready stuff for his return home and make thing easier for him to readjust his life.... He is still a bit foggy at times, but is doing great keeping track of the day of the week now pretty well.... He is working very hard at trying to get back to 'normal' and is anxious to get home as quickly as possible......
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #3364
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,152
Here is the newest Dual Sport Bike. Called Brutus

agspecialties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #3365
invicta1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Zoid's wife: Dan was moved to the rehab portion of Bryant LGH around 8 this evening and is in room 305..... He will be in extensive rehab most of the day and will be finished by about 3:30-4:00 each day M-F..... I am thankful because this will give me some time to ready stuff for his return home and make thing easier for him to readjust his life.... He is still a bit foggy at times, but is doing great keeping track of the day of the week now pretty well.... He is working very hard at trying to get back to 'normal' and is anxious to get home as quickly as possible......
Keep healing. Next Eurobike nite is some time off so plenty of time to recuperate . . .
Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #3366
Pepperz
Hot n00b

Oddometer: 14
This is GSBiker's better half...thanks for the update. Good sign that Dan is going to rehab. Take care of yourself, too!
Pepperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #3367
NC_Kat 750
until the next ride

Oddometer: 203

One of my riding budies in NC just nailed an 8 pointer a couple hours ago :eek:

Be careful out there!

Merrie, thank you for keeping us updated on Dan. Please pass our best wishes on to him!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #3368
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Zoid's wife: Just got a call from the rehab center and Dan fell this morning and hit his head....... They are doing a scan and I am going to put some clothes on and head up that way to see him...... The nurse said it was nothing to be alarmed about, but he wanted her to call me...... So, I am assuming that he would like some reassurance and like I said, he has a big day ahead as they will work him hard and I won't be able to see him until late this afternoon.......
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #3369
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Just got home and Dan is very sore as he shook himself up pretty good..... I am sure it is going to be a minor setback for him......He is in a lot of pain right now and I will have to see how his pain level is later today....... I am so thankful that they didn't send him home last night and did get him into rehab..... He even said that I would not have been able to get him up and it would have been another trip to the hosp for him........ And hard telling what injuries he might have had then...... (He keeps wanting to show everyone his bike and would have probably gone out to the garage)
Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #3370
Yossarian™ OP
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,302
Dan, don't push the recovery! Everything takes time. More so as we get older.

Keep low, keep healing. The roads will wait.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #3371
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,381
Well crap. Like pj says, take it slow.

Merrie, I will just wait until tomorrow to call/stop by...unless Dan wants me to swing by for a few min? Just call me if that's the case.

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #3372
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,027
Same here, I can wait for tomorrow also, otherwise I get out of work at 3:30.

Tell him to strap that helmet on before he lands on his head!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #3373
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspecialties View Post
Took the new bike out today for a couple of gravel miles. She has lots of power and speed.
Ag, that is oneBEAUTIFUL Beemer. Congrats on a fine looking new ride.

Merrie took a short video of the bike showing me the damage on it. Cosmetic really when you get right down to it. A small amount of time in classifieds, eBay and at the hardware store will have her back getting dirty in no time at all.

Final score BIKE 1-it's all cosmetic
Me 2 points-it is a boy more than cosmetic
The Deer scored zero. It had eaten its last meal of Nebraska corn.

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys. They really bouy the spirits. .
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #3374
agspecialties
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Ag, that is oneBEAUTIFUL Beemer. Congrats on a fine looking new ride.

Merrie took a short video of the bike showing me the damage on it. Cosmetic really when you get right down to it. A small amount of time in classifieds, eBay and at the hardware store will have her back getting dirty in no time at all.

Final score BIKE 1-it's all cosmetic
Me 2 points-it is a boy more than cosmetic
The Deer scored zero. It had eaten its last meal of Nebraska corn.

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys. They really bouy the spirits. .

Dan, we all up here in the north country are wishing you well. When you get up to it, you just call and i will be right down and we can start to get your bike back into shape. Next saturday after breakfast we can help you out with anything you need.
agspecialties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #3375
fuhgawee
Thats a road?

Oddometer: 1,511
Ok Dan, focus, stop hitting your head. Limited amount of time to heal before Flint Hills Stampede / Piefest and Shot.
fuhgawee is offline   Reply With Quote