Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #6181
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer: 668
That 125 was so forgettable even photobucket forgot it.
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #6182
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
Welcome kevy.

I've been thinking maybe its time for the nofar rally to be in Wawa.

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2
you got the perfect spot. A gathering of riders. Tent camping. I like stopping at your cabin, too bad I missed you on the rebound. Wonder if my "new" tire got washed away......

Misc riding photos to help alleviate....welcome Kevy (this thread is where the rides all hatch)

Hektoglider screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 07:14 PM
Hektoglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #6183
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektoglider View Post
you got the perfect spot. A gathering of riders. Tent camping. I like stopping at your cabin, too bad I missed you on the rebound. Wonder if my "new" tire got washed away......

Misc riding photos to help alleviate....welcome Kevy (this thread is where the rides all hatch)

Hey Hekto, was that your round Superior tour? Looks like the Makinac Bridge? Good shots!
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #6184
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckAME View Post
The only way me and the DR are going that fast is if we load us both in a Twin Otter and go for a ride
canuckAME, where ya been hiding, looks pretty far north of here. Checking out some routes that we can fly the bikes into and ry and ride them out
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #6185
Hektoglider
One with Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Hey Hekto, was that your round Superior tour? Looks like the Makinac Bridge? Good shots!

riding season is over. I always go into a bit of a funk this time of year. Some of the pics are from previous circle tour(s). Yes thats the big bridge.

Sigh. wonder if Backroader found his fender.....
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #6186
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 740
i'm in a funk too

hi HEKTO. i too go into a bit of depression at this time of the year. i'm all" funked up".

i told my wife that I'm not go out of the house unless it is to work. i hate the cold.

i see FINNDIAN'S sauna in one picture and have good memories of it from this past summer ,looking forward to using it again next year, i think i also see Gord's bike in an almost stock condition ( original bodywork ) that must be a pretty old photo.

I'M BIKE SHOPPING TO ALLEVIATE SOME OF THE DEPRESSION.

north rider
1987 HONDA XL600V ( TRANSALP )
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #6187
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,746
Quote:
. Wonder if my "new" tire got washed away......]
"your new tire" is actually on my Dr big now

Good luck with the retail therapy Northrider.

I finally got some of my bikes put away. Not all of them though. Haven't ridden in a long time. :mad

We have quite a bit of snow now. Almost time to pick this years new Sled.

The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports

FINNDIAN screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 05:24 PM
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #6188
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtoe View Post
That 125 was so forgettable even photobucket forgot it.
It is so forgettable that I've purchased and currently own two of them. :) In fact - this Fall I bought a new 2011 CBR125R and now have my 2011 CBR250R up for sale. The 250R has twice as much power as the 125R. But the 125R, at least for me, is far more entertaining, and much more engaging to ride. Much lighter too. And handles better. For me - that is where the fun is.

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #6189
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
In fact - this Fall I bought a new 2011 CBR125R and now have my 2011 CBR250R up for sale.
Mine's been for sale since August. Good luck with it. I've had a bunch of 'sales' that all fell through. Seems the universe wants me to keep it.

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #6190
Hektoglider
One with Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
"your new tire" is actually on my Dr big now

Good luck with the retail therapy Northrider.

I finally got some of my bikes put away. Not all of then though. Haven't ridden in a long time. :mad:

A have quite a bit of snow now. Almost time to pick this years new Sled.

did you get your GS 750 ADV all dialed in? have'nt heard much about it since the initial burst of enthusiasm. Thought it was gonna replace the 990 there for a while......
Old 11-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #6191
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
Mine's been for sale since August. Good luck with it. I've had a bunch of 'sales' that all fell through. Seems the universe wants me to keep it.
My experience has been more of the "Are you desperate to sell?!?!?" kind of opportunist communications where people effectively want to buy the bike for MUCH less than any reasonably fair price. I suspect that if I did say "yes", once they arrived at my door they'd follow up their original offer with a carefully planned "new" lowball figure as we were loading it into their pickup. Then get irate when I'd say "no" and proceed to back it out of their truck. Can't imagine that all buyers are like this - but this seems to resemble my experience in Thunder Bay. If I can't sell the bike for a fair price, I'd just as soon mount it on the wall of my garage as an ornament. I won't give it away for free.

Mike
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #6192
Hektoglider
One with Life

Quote:
It is so forgettable that I've purchased and currently own two of them. :) In fact - this Fall I bought a new 2011 CBR125R and now have my 2011 CBR250R up for sale. The 250R has twice as much power as the 125R. But the 125R, at least for me, is far more entertaining, and much more engaging to ride. Much lighter too. And handles better. For me - that is where the fun is.

Mike

I remember riding RonZZr's CBR125. My memory isnt that good anymore.It seemed to be low on power.I would have liked to spend more time on it actually. The 90MPG is a nice feature,light and nimble bike also.$2500 for a brand new bike is a good deal,
Old 11-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #6193
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 462
Quote:
I won't give it away for free.
Little story you might find funny.

The last buyer I had called me in Sept. I had the bike listed for $3950 (ABS!). He wanted to buy it for his son. Seemed like a decent hard working guy. The biggest issue was he had no way of transporting the bike. I offered to ride it to Ottawa and deliver (hey, any excuse for a roadtrip!). He said he travels a lot for work and would I bring it in for an independent inspection on his dime. Sure, not a problem. By the time we got the bike inspected and all our ducks in a row it was early October (I was traveling, as was he).

During this time I made about 15 long distance calls on his behalf to have the bike shipped to Ottawa. The low price was $400, the high, around $1200. Well October was a craptacular month for weather. The Thanksgiving weekend was looking good and I thought I could run it out to him then. Arrangement were made, the deal was to happen on the Saturday. I's dotted, T's crossed.

On Thursday afternoon I get text message saying that he'll come and pick the bike up with his trailer if I knock off $400 (the lowest shipping cost) from the price.

WHAT!

I'm pissed. I'm bending over backward accommodating this guy and he comes out with this at the last minute!

I text him back that he can come and pick it up, with his trailer, and bring an extra $400 with him!

He texts me back stating that he didn't send that text message. I call the number repeatedly over the next couple of days. No answer. The only other person in Ottawa (oh ya, turns out he doesn't live in Ottawa where I have friends I can stay with, but is about 50km outside of town - so I have to impose on friends to be my taxi) I've been contact with is my buddy. It's not his number.

Anyway, long story short, he sends me an email effectively calling me an asshole for disappointing a 16yr old boy.

Blah blah blah. I'd sure like to get a just broken in ABS CBR for $3500!

That's the kind of luck I've been having trying to sell it. I won't mention all the offers of trading straight up for a 1982 Olds with 260KM on it!

Like you, I'm in no rush to sell it. I like the bike a lot and see no need to take a butt-fuxing on a deal just to move it.

Idiots.

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #6194
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I remember riding RonZZr's CBR125. My memory isnt that good anymore.It seemed to be low on power.I would have liked to spend more time on it actually. The 90MPG is a nice feature,light and nimble bike also.$2500 for a brand new bike is a good deal,
You're right - relatively speaking - it is low on power. However, 13.5 hp for a 125cc fuel-injected, water-cooled 4-stroke single isn't all that bad. Yet revving the snot out of it for me is what makes it so engaging to ride. Especially in the city. It's fun to rev the engine and not worry about losing my licence. Last year I took my CBR150R (125 chassis with Honda 150cc 4-valve engine swap) out for a 60 km/hr loop along the backroads between Thunder Bay and Kakabeka Falls. At that speed, over about 200 kms of riding I obtained fuel economy of 115 mpg (Imperial). Pretty economical. Last summer when I toured with the same bike, riding between 95km/hr - 102 km/hr (GPS), I netted between 84-92 mpg fully loaded with tailbag, tankbag, and saddlebags. Of course - clearly the bike isn't for everyone. But I'm sure having fun trying to ride slow bikes fast.

Here are some touring and camping trips I've taken on the CBR125R and CBR150R.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ight=nanabijou

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ight=nanabijou

Mike
Old 11-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #6195
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
Little story you might find funny.

The last buyer I had called me in Sept. I had the bike listed for $3950 (ABS!). He wanted to buy it for his son. Seemed like a decent hard working guy. The biggest issue was he had no way of transporting the bike. I offered to ride it to Ottawa and deliver (hey, any excuse for a roadtrip!). He said he travels a lot for work and would I bring it in for an independent inspection on his dime. Sure, not a problem. By the time we got the bike inspected and all our ducks in a row it was early October (I was traveling, as was he).

During this time I made about 15 long distance calls on his behalf to have the bike shipped to Ottawa. The low price was $400, the high, around $1200. Well October was a craptacular month for weather. The Thanksgiving weekend was looking good and I thought I could run it out to him then. Arrangement were made, the deal was to happen on the Saturday. I's dotted, T's crossed.

On Thursday afternoon I get text message saying that he'll come and pick the bike up with his trailer if I knock off $400 (the lowest shipping cost) from the price.

WHAT!

I'm pissed. I'm bending over backward accommodating this guy and he comes out with this at the last minute!

I text him back that he can come and pick it up, with his trailer, and bring an extra $400 with him!

He texts me back stating that he didn't send that text message. I call the number repeatedly over the next couple of days. No answer. The only other person in Ottawa (oh ya, turns out he doesn't live in Ottawa where I have friends I can stay with, but is about 50km outside of town - so I have to impose on friends to be my taxi) I've been contact with is my buddy. It's not his number.

Anyway, long story short, he sends me an email effectively calling me an asshole for disappointing a 16yr old boy.

Blah blah blah. I'd sure like to get a just broken in ABS CBR for $3500!

That's the kind of luck I've been having trying to sell it. I won't mention all the offers of trading straight up for a 1982 Olds with 260KM on it!

Like you, I'm in no rush to sell it. I like the bike a lot and see no need to take a butt-fuxing on a deal just to move it.

Idiots.
Hey Bungie - entertaining story. Thanks for providing some reassurance that those kinds of buyers aren't only in Thunder Bay. I suspect we'll have better luck selling the bikes in the spring.

Mike