User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
PenultimateMan
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 53
Flexible Stalks

I've noticed LED signals in quite a few pictures of the F8 in different threads here, and it seems that people are running a number of different models on the bike, both OEM and aftermarket. My question is this: do any of the aftermarket options offer flexible stems? The OEM stalks look terribly long, and I'm not chuffed about the possibility of breaking one off if I lay the bike down.

Does anyone have LED signals with flexible stems? Are they plug-and-play? Do they fit well into the sockets on the F8's fairing?

But I got laid off.
PenultimateMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #17
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenultimateMan View Post
I've noticed LED signals in quite a few pictures of the F8 in different threads here, and it seems that people are running a number of different models on the bike, both OEM and aftermarket. My question is this: do any of the aftermarket options offer flexible stems? The OEM stalks look terribly long, and I'm not chuffed about the possibility of breaking one off if I lay the bike down.

Does anyone have LED signals with flexible stems? Are they plug-and-play? Do they fit well into the sockets on the F8's fairing?
I have the OEM ones and as you I was worried about them whilst falling down. Anyway they don't reach the ground and are an improvement over conventional ones.
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #18
Reaver
Outta Here

Oddometer: 2,419
Uhhhh, how come no one's chimed in and said "You can reprogram the ZFE for LED turn signals so there's no error code or flash rate problems using the BMW MOSS computer"?

Just sayin.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #19
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Quote:
Uhhhh, how come no one's chimed in and said "You can reprogram the ZFE for LED turn signals so there's no error code or flash rate problems using the BMW MOSS computer"?

Just sayin.
oh what would we do without you Reaver
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:

Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #20
Reaver
Outta Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
oh what would we do without you Reaver

Well I'm glad SOMEONE appreciates me. Even if you did add the mocking smiley face. I usually just shut up, as judged by the join date and odd o meter. Happy 100!!!

When setting up a bike during PDI you can select things like tire pressure displayed in Bars or PSI, C or F temp, miles or kms BC, alarm tone options etc. You can also select "retrofit" options like if the customer wants to add an OEM alarm, RDC, and fancy LED's. The ZFE just wants to please you but if you don't tell it what you're doing then it's just going to cry "Wolf". It's sooooo misunderstood. Luckily MOSS has a therapy for that.

Just bring coffee next time you're at the Dealers and ask nice. As a separate item they'd likely charge but if it's in for service or you just spent a pile on factory farkles then go for the free thing.

Reaver screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 06:28 AM
Reaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #21
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Try these LED Signals

http://www.wunderlich.de/shopart/816...-DualSport.htm
Quote:

Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Well I'm glad SOMEONE appreciates me. Even if you did add the mocking smiley face. I usually just shut up, as judged by the join date and odd o meter. Happy 100!!!

When setting up a bike during PDI you can select things like tire pressure displayed in Bars or PSI, C or F temp, miles or kms BC, alarm tone options etc. You can also select "retrofit" options like if the customer wants to add an OEM alarm, RDC, and fancy LED's. The ZFE just wants to please you but if you don't tell it what you're doing then it's just going to cry "Wolf". It's sooooo misunderstood. Luckily MOSS has a therapy for that.

Just bring coffee next time you're at the Dealers and ask nice. As a separate item they'd likely charge but if it's in for service or you just spent a pile on factory farkles then go for the free thing.
Can this be done with a GS-911 tool?
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #23
Reaver
Outta Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mikey View Post
Can this be done with a GS-911 tool?
I don't have the 911 but my money's on "no". It is my understanding that the 911 reads the computers and can do a few maintenance tasks for troubleshooting but can't overwrite or "personalize" them. There may be a software install required to do that retrofit like when adding an oem alarm and I doubt BMW would hand that over willingly.

Anyone?

Maybe on the GS 911 website.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #24
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
I don't have the 911 but my money's on "no". It is my understanding that the 911 reads the computers and can do a few maintenance tasks for troubleshooting but can't overwrite or "personalize" them. There may be a software install required to do that retrofit like when adding an oem alarm and I doubt BMW would hand that over willingly.

Anyone?

Maybe on the GS 911 website.

it won't

reads code, finds serial numbers and clears codes... oh and you can see realtime numbers
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote