Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #49441
my6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Sub....Dude, Sorry to hear you got nailed but great to hear you are alive and on the mend. Hang in there and get an attorney!!! A GOOD one!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #49442
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 3,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
I have the pumper carb kit from sudco on my L. But I would like a quicker throttle. Does anyone here KNOW which throttle and cables will bolt on.

Anyone??
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #49443
absoluteclint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Cow View Post
This is like an oil chat.....

A little late to respond on this but I have been using a K&N filter for 6 years on my XRL with no issues. Here are few pics from a recent ride in Central Oregon. 5 days worth of talcum powder dust.....

Here is the dirt that got beat out of it prior to cleaning....

Here is the inside of the air box leading to the carb.....

Nice and clean! I think if you are very careful to properly oil the filter and to make sure it is seated well in the air box you wont have any issues!

Dave
Thanks for the response Dave... Pretty good argument for the K&N... pictures make good proof! I certainly see the points the others are making too. Right now I'm spending more time on the road so I think I'll stick to the K&N for awhile... I really like how it's breathing right now. Before hitting serious dirt/dust I may consider going OEM or UNI just to be on the safe side. May just keep both filters around... K&N for clean road rides and one of the others for dirt/dust.

As of this afternoon my XRL is finally riding sans smog kit! Pretty good feeling pulling that bitch off! Haven't given it a good test ride yet... Need to buy a hose clamp for my airbox vent first.

Also... I too placed an order for one of the $30 Easton bars from motosports.com... Great deal and great looking bar! Modification fever has officially set in!
absoluteclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #49444
Schultz!
Recovering Lurker

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Anyone??

The thing with changing rates is the cables will also be longer or shorter depending on the size of the pulleys ( throttle tube and carb wheel) if really wanting this feature I would contact motion pro or another throttle special company and see if they have a solution. or you could pick up a used cable/throttle set from a CRF on the cheep from and see if it will fit.

nifty article on throttle rates http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/...throttle_kits/
Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #49445
Schultz!
Recovering Lurker

Oddometer: 80
Sub, Get better man totally sux you got taken out bay some ass hat but best wishes on your recovery!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #49446
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNIOR650 View Post
I just got that fairing last week. Could you explain how you cut and drilled the holes? I understand the gel coat chips easily if not done correctly. Also would like to see pics of the extended windscreen.
Where?

Heal quickly sub Zero!
I had some young, stupid bitch, on the damn cell phone, try and do that to me a couple years back. If I had been 1 second sooner it would not have turned out too well for me.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #49447
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Trader

Trader? I don't get it
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #49448
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Trader? I don't get it
Neither does Fritz

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #49449
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNIOR650 View Post
I just got that fairing last week. Could you explain how you cut and drilled the holes? I understand the gel coat chips easily if not done correctly. Also would like to see pics of the extended windscreen.
Set the drill to reverse and use a new bit.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #49450
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
this is a message to everybody to ride safe and to always stay alert out there both on and offroad. I was riding my dads XT225 to work one day (since my XR650L had been stolen from me about 2 weeks prior) and was driving down a 2 lane back road that has big houses with cow pastures on both sides, (speed limit on that road is 35 which is what i was doing)

when i came out of an S bend some kid in a 2010 camero traveling in the opposite lane abruptly cut his car RIGHT across my lane to pull into a driveway. there was absolutely nothing i could do but hit his car since it happened so quickly. it was practically a head on collision. anyway the bike is totaled; header smashed, massive hole punched right into the crank case, frame bent, forks snapped in 2 etc. and the front of the camero looked like hell.

ME on the other hand.... I suffered 3 cracked bones in my spinal column, (thank GOD the spinal cord wasn't affected or i wouldn't be riding again for the rest of my life) a dislocated shoulder, broke my arm, wrist, and thumb, my knee exploded, and broke my femur in half and am missing 3 inches from it. (part of the bone stuck out my thigh and apparently 3 inches of it is missing). nobody knew until i had surgery on it a few hours after the accident. I had to be air lifted from the accident and needed 8 units of blood to be kept alive. (the body only holds 12 units)

I was wearing a helmet, jeans, shoes, and gloves and if it wasnt for the helmet i would have been dead. there is a gash about 4 inches long going right across the top of the helmet where it had struck the pavement. thanks to that helmet I have no head trauma whatsoever! I also never lost conscious during the whole thing

Im doing alright now, having to wear braces on my spine and leg and wrist and use either a walker or wheelchair to get around my house. im having more surgery on my leg to have a bone graft of some kind on my femur where the 3 inches are missing from it and more surgery on my arm to have my iron brace and pins removed from my wrist and thumb. im recovering at home but in a shitload of pain, even though the docs got me on shitloads of Oxycontin.

this should inspire you guys to stay alert and ride as defensive as you can as this kinda shit can happen to anybody! I will confirm though that the instant I'm able to ride again, I will be back on a bike. (hopefully another XR!) and im also writing to confirm im alive and still kickin! anyways, keep on the lookout for dickheads on the road because there are alot of them out there!

Glad your ok , goodluck on the complete rcovery, what happend too the asshole that hit ya
Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #49451
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:

this is a message to everybody to ride safe and to always stay alert out there both on and offroad.
Holy f*kn shit batman......

Well at least you got youth on your side to heal up fast, your 21 right?

Having had a few broken bones over the decades myself, the one thing you want to do right away is get full range of movement as soon as possible.

Be sure to post your story over in faceplant forum, they'll give you pointers for rehab info.

http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #49452
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,166
Trader? No I bought it outright.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #49453
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,964
Sub. Glad to hear that your alive. Hope you have a quick and good recovery. Get a good attorney and get that little mother fu@ker for all you can. Teach his little stupid ass a leason. Sorry brother hope you feel better.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #49454
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,296
Quote:
this is a message to everybody to ride safe and to always stay alert out there both on and offroad. I was riding my dads XT225 to work one day (since my XR650L had been stolen from me about 2 weeks prior) and was driving down a 2 lane back road that has big houses with cow pastures on both sides, (speed limit on that road is 35 which is what i was doing)

when i came out of an S bend some kid in a 2010 camero traveling in the opposite lane abruptly cut his car RIGHT across my lane to pull into a driveway. there was absolutely nothing i could do but hit his car since it happened so quickly. it was practically a head on collision. anyway the bike is totaled; header smashed, massive hole punched right into the crank case, frame bent, forks snapped in 2 etc. and the front of the camero looked like hell.

ME on the other hand.... I suffered 3 cracked bones in my spinal column, (thank GOD the spinal cord wasn't affected or i wouldn't be riding again for the rest of my life) a dislocated shoulder, broke my arm, wrist, and thumb, my knee exploded, and broke my femur in half and am missing 3 inches from it. (part of the bone stuck out my thigh and apparently 3 inches of it is missing). nobody knew until i had surgery on it a few hours after the accident. I had to be air lifted from the accident and needed 8 units of blood to be kept alive. (the body only holds 12 units)

I was wearing a helmet, jeans, shoes, and gloves and if it wasnt for the helmet i would have been dead. there is a gash about 4 inches long going right across the top of the helmet where it had struck the pavement. thanks to that helmet I have no head trauma whatsoever! I also never lost conscious during the whole thing

Im doing alright now, having to wear braces on my spine and leg and wrist and use either a walker or wheelchair to get around my house. im having more surgery on my leg to have a bone graft of some kind on my femur where the 3 inches are missing from it and more surgery on my arm to have my iron brace and pins removed from my wrist and thumb. im recovering at home but in a shitload of pain, even though the docs got me on shitloads of Oxycontin.

this should inspire you guys to stay alert and ride as defensive as you can as this kinda shit can happen to anybody! I will confirm though that the instant I'm able to ride again, I will be back on a bike. (hopefully another XR!) and im also writing to confirm im alive and still kickin! anyways, keep on the lookout for dickheads on the road because there are alot of them out there!

Damn! Heal up quick. Good to hear that everything important is still attached and working.
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #49455
stnick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Attorney

I was hit by an drunk driver in Florida when I was 22, I'm 55 now and listen to my advice: Hire an Attorney! I tried to be the good guy and believe the Sailor that hit me would do the right thing... LOL the Navy sent him out to sea immediately to protect him. Anyway, I had 17 surgeries with bone grafts, tibial nails,[screws and plates blah blah blah. When you hit 30-40-50 you'll be noticing the problems from this accident. If he isn't insured go ahead and get a big judgement against him now because someday he'll own something and you can get your compensation then.
Good luck in your recovery!
Nick
QUOTE=Sub Zero;20129766]this is a message to everybody to ride safe and to always stay alert out there both on and offroad. I was riding my dads XT225 to work one day (since my XR650L had been stolen from me about 2 weeks prior) and was driving down a 2 lane back road that has big houses with cow pastures on both sides, (speed limit on that road is 35 which is what i was doing)

[/QUOTE]
stnick is offline   Reply With Quote