User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #511
JNXPILOT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I believe I'll follow along...

Just listened to you guys on Sidestandup. You are doing an awesome job with the RR and pics. Be safe out there!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #512
rugbyrtcwka
railroader

Oddometer: 512
I'm hooked!!

Wish I had knew you were going to be in Winnipeg, I had a place for you to stay at our beach house. When you make it around the world and back to the Peg again, look me up. We'll make sure you'll want for nothing.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #513
DanielR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Love the Canada humor.
DanielR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #514
Ohio_Danimal
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 589
Gene/Neda...I apologize for displaying attitude last night in the chatroom concerning Tom's comment that those that use a GPS when travelling are not fun people. The way he said it smacked of some kind of minimalistic elitism...and it just struck a chord.
I do understand from others that Tom is a pretty good guy. That was my first time listening to Sidestanddown...

It was great hearing your voices, and hearing descriptions of your trip. I hope the two of you enjoy countless days and miles trouble free on your journey.

Let me know if you ever are in the N Ohio area (dunno why you would be ) and I'll show you around.

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #515
Scootard
Twist-n-Go

Oddometer: 235
WebCast on the Side with StandUp

Really enjoyed sharing some time with you last evening. You neglected to post Mark and Susie's contact info, we enjoy roundness!! We will be that way later next week. I guess you are happy to have a few days off, and now happy to be back on the road. The new bars should help if you have another off. Looking fwd. to your next installments.

http://ddo2jl.blogspot.ca http://patricia-coutts.blogspot.ca/
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #516
lightcycle OP
Nomad

Oddometer: 530
Thanks so much for the support last night, guys! It was a fun (and slightly stressful) experience.

Stupid Skype wasn't transmitting our keypad tones to log into the conference call! You guys were great in the chat-room: "Keep trying! They're stalling on air!"
Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #517
Budo675
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 858
Hands down one of the best ride reports I've read. I caught up to page 35 of the thread and now I'll just have to wait for more updates... .

Oh, and I hope to be able to do something similar in the future

Budo675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #518
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 881
Just listened to the show, good job. Did you say you were in Rosalia or Santa Rosalia in Baja? I didn't get what was said.

Bien Vieje.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #519
4Rider
Dedicated Lurker

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire View Post
From the looks of the map, looks like you were visiting the Temecula - Murrieta area.
Most excellent you got to ride Palomar Mountain!
Livewire- You are close. From Fallbrook we went out Highway 76 past Palomar Mountain to Lake Henshaw, up and over Mesa Grande to Santa Isabella, then up towards Julian. Outside Julian we took Winola Road around the north side of the hill to the Banner Grade. Down the Banner Grade to Scissors Crossing, then up San Felipe Road to Highway 79, back Palomar and up the hill to the Observatory. Unfortunately the Observatory closes early in the winter (I guess you call this time of year winter here) so no photos of the Hale Telescope or the big dome. Back down the Mountain and back home to Fallbrook just before dark. I'd planned on heading north around 79 to Diamond Valley and the Temecula Wine Country, or maybe taking the Palomar Divide Forest Service Roads, but we spent too long at lunch and ran out of time.

A nice ride with everything from the coastal hills to mountain meadows, oak forest, pine forest and western desert. No freeways, just good 2-lane highways.

It really sucks to live in So Cal! We sometimes go days without good riding weather, and it gets hard to justify having the bikes sitting in the garage gathering dust..............

If anybody is headed this way drop me a PM and we can suggest some good routes around the area.

Mark
Old 11-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #520
4Rider
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootard View Post
Really enjoyed sharing some time with you last evening. You neglected to post Mark and Susie's contact info, we enjoy roundness!! We will be that way later next week. I guess you are happy to have a few days off, and now happy to be back on the road. The new bars should help if you have another off. Looking fwd. to your next installments.

http://ddo2jl.blogspot.ca http://patricia-coutts.blogspot.ca/
Scootard-

I'm 4Rider here on the ADV forums. We are in Fallbrook and Susie and I are always happy to make time to meet riders passing through. So Cal isn't much of a destination for adventure tourers, but we do have some very nice rides both on and off the road around the area. ADV Inmates are always welcome at our house!

If you are still going to be in the area PM me and I'll send you my cell number so we can arrange to meet.

Mark
Old 11-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #521
4Rider
Dedicated Lurker

OK all, I gotta tell you what an incredibly great time it was having Gene and Neda stop by and stay with us for a few days. They are perfect guests, and within a short time of their arriving they felt much more like visiting family or the best of friends back for a stay rather then people we had just met.

If you are wondering what Gene and Neda are really like, well, they really are just what they appear to be in their blog/report. Always smiling, totally relaxed and truly in their element just touring around seeing whatever comes their way.

Their perpetual smiles on display

If you ever have the opportunity to meet or talk with them, don't pass that chance by. You will be richer for the experience!

A couple of photos from their stay:

Gene's up-armored GS

Clean & shiny, ready for whatever is next

Lots of new friends to ride with

Passionate about teaching- When in doubt, more throttle

No, really. More throttle. Like this........

TTFN. Headed south to warmer climes!

Wow. What a great pair of folks to meet and share time with!

Mark & Susie
Old 11-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #522
bruceo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Whew! Been chasing you guys for a while now and just caught up. Thanks for all the work you put into posting your travels, it's great to be able to tag along...
Old 12-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #523
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,409
Such wonderful hospitality.......good on you, 4rider and family.

Where are they off to next?
Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #524
agplant
Ride Fast Travel Slo

Oddometer: 288
Caught up on the report and listened in to the Side Stand podcast. Thanks for taking us along.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #525
4Rider
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
Such wonderful hospitality.......good on you, 4rider and family.

Where are they off to next?
Olvarez-

Thanks so much for the comment. I think we really came out on the long side of having Gene and Neda visit. Doubt they will be the last Inmates we will see/host here.

Gene and Neda are down in Baja headed to La Paz. They spent a night in L.A. Bay with a friend of mine, and should be in La Paz today or tomorrow where they should have workable internet access again. I'm thinking that we will hear from Gene shortly, or at least in the next day or two.

Mark