Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #31
OldPete
Be aware

Oddometer: 3,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
My Tempter's almost running. The engine turned over for the first time a couple days ago. It has not fired up yet, but it is close.

Read all 12 pages of the flat track link. Very impressive indeed!
I was a regular in attendance at the Ascot 1/2 mile & TT.
OldPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #32
fnqgr650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Another poor soul lost in gr netherworld

Hi guys. Add me to your list. Inherited/recieved gift of gr650 [no silly name in OZ] At this point - it is running [I have been around the block after emptying tank, upper cylinders etc] and am about to refit rear with new tyre. Was parked up for a couple of years and so far, battery, new tyre to rear [front has heaps of tread although some slight perish] and a whole heap of small repairs. i hope to rego before Xmas which, like you guys, won't be ideal [but for different reasons, mainly roads become rivers not icecaps] If you don't mind hangin around I would like to keep thread going. You all seem to enjoy these old toys.
fnqgr650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 7,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnqgr650 View Post
Hi guys. Add me to your list. Inherited/recieved gift of gr650 [no silly name in OZ] At this point - it is running [I have been around the block after emptying tank, upper cylinders etc] and am about to refit rear with new tyre. Was parked up for a couple of years and so far, battery, new tyre to rear [front has heaps of tread although some slight perish] and a whole heap of small repairs. i hope to rego before Xmas which, like you guys, won't be ideal [but for different reasons, mainly roads become rivers not icecaps] If you don't mind hangin around I would like to keep thread going. You all seem to enjoy these old toys.

I believe there are some active GR members down under on the GR650 Forum. The GR was made for more years in other countries than the states, so there should be more help and parts available.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #34
radianrider
Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
You really should sign up on thegsresources.com site. The link to Basscliff's page is invaluable. The stator papers and list of interchangeable regulator/rectifiers is just as important.

I'm running a R/R from a Kawasaki 4x4 on my bike. Rewired it as suggested on that site and it works perfectly. Old 'Zuks are apparently a bit dodgy in the electrics.
radianrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #35
fnqgr650
Adventurer

signing up

Have signed up on gstwin site and, like the dutch site, am still awaiting approval. My email address is strikemepink which is terminology from the '40s and '50s. I do hope we don't live in such over politically correct times that I am being 'punished' for such a name!? I thought i had gone to all sites but will try that one thanks. Not having ridden for even gone near a bike for 22 years, I forgot the petcock and ran her dry. Now the sidestand light won't go out. Is it possible I need to short in order to start the bike?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #36
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 1,940
I worked in a Suz. shop in 83-84 and could have sworn the Tempter we got in was a belt drive,bad memory I guess.
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #37
fnqgr650
Adventurer

Yes ....i'm stuck in the middle with you

I cannot understand what these other sites are about. I have registered two weeks ago on do the ton, gr650 and GS last week. I am not yet allowed on the first one? gr650 have not yet confirmed and say I should contact a board administrator, which I would if I could get onto do so...... da! And GS don't let me post.

I'll stick with this site and try to track down the Aussies I have seen on those other sites Steve 'The Bumpkin' and Dingo. Meanwhile I have at least three of oyu good guys here with GRs and just recieved my workshop manual bought through EBAY. Any techno you guys need don't hesitate. It's got it all.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #38
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,763
Quote:
I cannot understand what these other sites are about. I have registered two weeks ago on do the ton, gr650 and GS last week. I am not yet allowed on the first one? gr650 have not yet confirmed and say I should contact a board administrator, which I would if I could get onto do so...... da! And GS don't let me post.

I'll stick with this site and try to track down the Aussies I have seen on those other sites Steve 'The Bumpkin' and Dingo. Meanwhile I have at least three of oyu good guys here with GRs and just recieved my workshop manual bought through EBAY. Any techno you guys need don't hesitate. It's got it all.
Check your junk email folder. Sometimes the automated emails from those sites end up there.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #39
fnqgr650
Adventurer

Getting into the real grooth

Hi Pablo, It is really just the likes of yourself I need constant contact with. i have one of these old dinosaurs that you all seem to have fallen in love with and contact with yourselves is all I really crave. You guys post enough info, as well as my new service manual, to keep me on track. I just wish we really had our own site which the clogfooters presently own but have buggered. I don't know about you guys but I just want a site that we can talk and improve thru. I have had a flat tyred, rubbishy ride for 2K and really want to just get out on the highway knowing I am doing something quite priviliged. Please keep your bike,and keep in touch!