Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #181
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
They are not quite D-Rings, but buckle-like things to put straps through on the bottoms of the 12 pack & larger coolers. They also have what is closer to a D-Ring up towards the top on one side of the cooler.

No pix but I think they show them on their website.
i contacted PB and asked. They said the silver and the mossy oak 12 packs have the rings/buckles/whatever. i also sent pics of the BMW GS Adventure bags and explained there are a bunch of bikes and manufacturers of bags that have similar attachment points for strapping stuff to them and if a cooler with velcro attachment straps could be had they would be a hot item. Something like the RKA pannier top bags only a cooler. He responded positively to the suggestion, we'll see.

Thanks for the response, i'll get a silver 12 and try it.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #182
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by azgsa View Post
i contacted PB and asked. They said the silver and the mossy oak 12 packs have the rings/buckles/whatever. i also sent pics of the BMW GS Adventure bags and explained there are a bunch of bikes and manufacturers of bags that have similar attachment points for strapping stuff to them and if a cooler with velcro attachment straps could be had they would be a hot item. Something like the RKA pannier top bags only a cooler. He responded positively to the suggestion, we'll see.

Thanks for the response, i'll get a silver 12 and try it.
If they are gonna modify or make new stuff anyway then they REALLY should change the zipper side strap parts. Doesn't seem to serve a purpose and makes it prone to leaking.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #183
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,331
Perfect fit!

Turns out only the silver and mossy oak colors of the '12 pack' model have 2 D-ring attachment points on bottom of each side. I ordered one and a couple of 18" X 1.5" Velcro straps from a different source to attach it. Perfect fit!

Will hold 2 1.75l mojito bottles with ice!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #184
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
Good!! I was looking at my silver one when I posted that. No clue that the other colors didn't have it. I have a red one also but it is still in the box....

You will really like that cooler.

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #185
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
Anyone get the Thermometer?

I just got the Thermometer for Father's Day. I was expecting something that would fit in the plastic FOB thing that is hanging off the zipper of my 12 Pack Cooler, what I got was an Indoor/Outdoor thermometer that is pretty large. Its not going to be hanging off the bag.

Do they still make the Thermometer that fits in the plastic FOB thing?
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #186
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
When I got my 12 pack cooler, I bought blue because I like blue. I had no idea that ordering a different color could get me those attachment points at the bottom. Damn.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #187
Artful
Mid-life crisis time

Oddometer: 33

Thrift shop special - Less than $9 including run to ACE for bolts and washers.
Artful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #188
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,023
FYI for those looking, the green 12 pack versions are $32 shipped from ebags and buy.com through eBay. Seems to be just a bit worse than the 2 for 1 deal price but you don't have to wait for 10 months. Also it sounds like no tie down points on the bottom, but I'll make due.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #189
fatpony
Dixiecrat

Oddometer: 218
Thumb Polar Bear , my opinion

Polar Bear is having their "2 for 1" sale now thru the end of the year. I screwed-up my order, then e-mailed them telling them about my screw-up, and they QUICKLY made things RIGHT, in spite of it being a holiday weekend. I have found them to be a fine company with a fine product. If you're thinking of buying the BEST travel cooler, Polar Bear is the best. Mike
Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #190
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpony View Post
Polar Bear is having their "2 for 1" sale now thru the end of the year. I screwed-up my order, then e-mailed them telling them about my screw-up, and they QUICKLY made things RIGHT, in spite of it being a holiday weekend. I have found them to be a fine company with a fine product. If you're thinking of buying the BEST travel cooler, Polar Bear is the best. Mike
Please send me the link to the 2 for 1 sale.
Ride Safe,
Robert
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #191
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 539
2 fer 1

code 1999
http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/
They even have Medical coolers if you're carying a beverage for medicinal purposes.

ps if you ever need the code, just ask them; they're that nice

Cromoth screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 10:46 AM Reason: add text
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #192
Deerhead
Be Safe Out There!

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Are these coolers collapsible. ie will the collapse enough to put on a tail rack and then put your camping gear on top? How thick are they collapsed? the 12 can size.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #193
fatpony
Dixiecrat

Oddometer: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhead View Post
Are these coolers collapsible. ie will the collapse enough to put on a tail rack and then put your camping gear on top? How thick are they collapsed? the 12 can size.
When they are shipped to you, they are flattened out with the instructions to put hot water in them to soften, and then square them up by hand. I didn't , they look squared up enough for me, and I store them flattened out and mashed together in a big Rubbermaid box. The 12 pak is flattened to about 5" thick at the thickest (the bottom). It can easily be squished down about 1-11/2 inches more, any more than that it might not bounce back. Mike
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #194
RogerWilco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:

You just cost me about $200.00, but I now have several Christmas presents covered, plus a couple of coolers for me!!
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #195
raebear
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Mine attached and ready for an iron butt SS ride. It also came with an attached opener- how thoughtful
They really do make a nice cooler.

raebear is offline   Reply With Quote