Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
DesertSweeper OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
The Long Way Drowned 4 – Cambodia 2012

Ok so I know the small but dedicated group who follow my various adventures believe I am still kicking the crap out of my dead bike on a muddy road in southern Uganda - as I still have not finished that Ride Report...
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=africa+return

...but the truth is I am sitting back home packing furiously to kick off a ride in Cambodia. The African report will be finished soon i swear as I am just taking a break from Africa for a bit...the bikes sitting in Nairobi waiting for the continued adventure...

So we are doing Cambodia again. A bigger bunch of lads this year – 8 of us. The usual culprits plus a few. There’s stalwart Brian who swears he is not coming just for the beer; Owen who has not joined a trip since the Vietnam Laos ride where he broke his collar-bone in deepest darkest nowhere; Wheelie Joe who has done them all and loves a bit of Culture; Cameron who is now legendary on Youtube for his spectacular bail off a bridge into a bamboo field last year in Cambodia; James who is furiously prepping for the Dakar in a months time; John who is allegedly some sort of nuclear physicist; Noel who is called Mr Naughty for some unknown reason (actually so is Owen and Brian which can cause confusion and mayhem) and your writer who doesn’t need much of an excuse to go ride bikes in foreign lands.

If you missed last year’s craziness here is a link to the report:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...t=long+drowned

We all head off tomorrow to the place where all good south-east-Asian adventures should start – one night in Bangkok – the city of sin...

Watch this space...
DesertSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote