ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #6661
AZmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
15th

Hello Sam,

Right now I have a schedule conflict on the 15th, I'll see if I can adjust. I'm interested in DV ( and possibly Mexico if that is still being considered ). I'll update you if there are changes.

I need to change some chnages on my DRZ (400s ) before any adventure. larger tank ( Clarke ) and some new soft saddle bags ( thinking wolfman expedition ).

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
A Re-post from the IAMC site.

December 15th (Saturday) 1PM to 3 PM ish Idaho Pizza, Fairview

So, It's been pretty quite in here and I know the reason was/is many have had extremely busy summers and I'm sure some GREAT adventures to share. So I think now that the season has slowed and we survived and given thanks to Thanksgiving it would be nice gather for an afternoon before the next large Holiday onslought and Chat it up.

I myself would like to sit and discuss a couple of rides I have in the works, and to discuss whom might be interested. But mainly it would be enjoyable to just sit, chat, eat and in general catch-up with the Boise gang.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in a couple of rides I have planned out:

The Transcontinental Railroad Route Lucin to Promontory ??

Reride the Pony Express Utah Byway (big bike friendly)

Also to discuss anyone interesed in a winter getaway to Death Valley for a week end of Febuary...ish ?

So what say you all? Heck no ones doing much this time of year and it's a good time to just get together and chew the cud.. sort of speak.

See you out there... I get my kicks on Route 66

Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #6662
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Good for you man, you'll enjoy the visit, have a great time. I lived there, so I have my fill of Paradise. Personally, for a third the cost I like Playa Del Carmen,

Come on down on the 15th just cause.
Alleigent Air is doing nonstop flights from Boise to Honolulu for pretty cheap beginning Feb. 10. and we got a pretty good deal on the room through Groupon so it ended up being quite a bit cheaper than we could find for Mexico. We will probably go to Mexico next winter though.
Any tips on things to do while in paradise? I plan on renting an MC for a day to cruise around the island and pedal bikes for a couple days. This is our first time to Hawaii so we are pretty excited!
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #6663
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHandy View Post
Alleigent Air is doing nonstop flights from Boise to Honolulu for pretty cheap beginning Feb. 10. and we got a pretty good deal on the room through Groupon so it ended up being quite a bit cheaper than we could find for Mexico. We will probably go to Mexico next winter though.
Any tips on things to do while in paradise? I plan on renting an MC for a day to cruise around the island and pedal bikes for a couple days. This is our first time to Hawaii so we are pretty excited!
Just have fun and don't get too sun burned. Jason Abbott rented a bike over there back in 09 he knows about it than I.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #6664
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Ummm... apparently AZMike is interested in going to DV
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #6665
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
I plan on renting an MC for a day to cruise around the island
Here's our Hawaii report. It has a link to the motorcycle rental place we used and at the bottom, a link to pictures of other things we did. Have a great time!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #6666
AZmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Ummmm

Quote:
Ummm... apparently AZMike is interested in going to DV
I kept getting an data base error message when I was trying to post. I didn't think the post made went through. When I checked the site nothing was there .... and then a bunch of them

Oh well

AZmike screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 05:48 AM
AZmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #6667
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer: 3,862

ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #6668
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,408
get together

Moto Idaho, 9am, Happy Trails tomorrow.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #6669
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,113
The dirt was primo today! That is all. No pics.
Oh, and the hot spring was primo last Saturday as well. No pics.
December is starting off good!

trailrider383 screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 11:08 PM
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #6670
trailrider383
867-5309

More random thoughts......I'm bored.

It's December 9th and there are dandelions blooming in my pasture. I like global warming!

I think I am going to go for a ride on Wednesday just so I can say I rode on 12-12-12.

And I think I am safe planning a "Day After The Apocalypse Ride" on 12-22-12.
NASA says so. : http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fea...012.html#polar
Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #6671
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
More random thoughts......I'm bored.

It's December 9th and there are dandelions blooming in my pasture. I like global warming!

I think I am going to go for a ride on Wednesday just so I can say I rode on 12-12-12.

And I think I am safe planning a "Day After The Apocalypse Ride" on 12-22-12.
NASA says so. : http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/fea...012.html#polar
So now that we know we'll be around after December, guess I'll continue planning my next years rides. Yup! I'm bored too. Insomuch as warming... hum the last few years I've spent in warmer climates (Hawaii, Mexico) has made me appreciate warmer weather so I'm not complaining. Truth be told, the older I'm getting, the more my disdain for cold increases.

I have my Death Valley ride all sorted out, just need to nail down the date; looking like either Feb 15 thru 23 or Feb 22 thru Mar 2 Weather almanac and historical logs say 73 high and 46 lows. around that time. Probably camp at Texas Springs at Furnace Creek. There are some cabins that a free gratis, on a first come basis up in the hills.

Aldous Huxley
Old 12-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #6672
trailrider383
867-5309

Quote:
So now that we know we'll be around after December, guess I'll continue planning my next years rides. Yup! I'm bored too. Insomuch as warming... hum the last few years I've spent in warmer climates (Hawaii, Mexico) has made me appreciate warmer weather so I'm not complaining. Truth be told, the older I'm getting, the more my disdain for cold increases.

I have my Death Valley ride all sorted out, just need to nail down the date; looking like either Feb 15 thru 23 or Feb 22 thru Mar 2 Weather almanac and historical logs say 73 high and 46 lows. around that time. Probably camp at Texas Springs at Furnace Creek. There are some cabins that a free gratis, on a first come basis up in the hills.
How does one get a shower down there? I looked all over the DVNP website and can't find any mention of showers. Google said something about a resort there that you have to pay $5 for a shower?

I also found this about the showers:
Quote:
We park in the campground across from Furnace Creek Ranch and spend the week at the pool. Last year however, we were told by Furnace Creek officials that in order to use showers or the pool we would have to stand in line at 5am. So I did. Each morning when I finally would get up to the front to pay my fee, they would say,"sorry, sold out". After four days of this, we realized that you just can't live without a shower in 85 degree heat. So, we packed up and headed for Las Vegas. What stinks about this is that we called ahead of time to be sure that we would understand the policy and be able to follow it. They decided to change the policy after we drove the 2 days it took to get there.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #6673
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,408
Camping Death Valley

I was talking to Katy. I think they based out of Beatty, NV at the Atomic Motel. Day tripped out and back. I love camping, With a shower available. I am going to get over to Payette after the holidays visit with them and see what's up.
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #6674
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbh40a View Post
I was talking to Katy. I think they based out of Beatty, NV at the Atomic Motel. Day tripped out and back. I love camping, With a shower available. I am going to get over to Payette after the holidays visit with them and see what's up.
Yea, I think that's a real good idea. I read their RR and they did have to load and unload bikes. I was wanting to be a bit more strategic in location (centrally located) Also Beatty is still much higher in elevation to cold to camp.

Quote:
How does one get a shower down there? I looked all over the DVNP website and can't find any mention of showers. Google said something about a resort there that you have to pay $5 for a shower?

I also found this about the showers:
Well Ed that is a valid question, I for some reason thought the campgrounds had a shower, :hum minor detail. Just a minor inconvenience; it'll work out.

Aldous Huxley
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #6675
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,486
We were able to shower at the pool at Furnace Creek. They charged us a couple bucks. This was March of 2010. You should call the Furnace Creek Resort for more info. It was great to get rehydrated with a dip in the pool!

The pool is back there past my bike.

MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote