Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #3166
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
They knew what I was looking for. Not just peak numbers, but overall conditions. Since this time of year is slow, we spent a decent amount of time in the roller. Luckily, since it is slow season, it only cost me what the tech cost the shop; $30.
We ran at those cruising speeds for a couple minutes. 40-80mph in 4th 5th and 6th gear. Until it started showing 5 bars on the temp gauge, and then we let her cool down. WOT runs weren't much different but maybe by a couple tics. We did not do any cruise under 3k rpm.
With a warmed up bike at those speeds and gears your afr should be 14.7:1 since the bike should be closed loop. I have tons of data on this. You have a working O2 sensor, right?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #3167
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 474
Yep, the whole exhaust is stock so one in each header. The only possibility is that the sniffer was not far enough in the pipe. It would only go in about 4" or so. That shouldn't matter any.
Looking at it on a larger screen than my tablet, though, it is actually closer to the 13.7- 14.1 range for cruising. Unfortunately, I don't know what gear was what.
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2014 RCGT #1, Superbike #2 OA Mid Atlantic
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 OA Mid Atlantic
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #3168
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Yep, the whole exhaust is stock so one in each header. The only possibility is that the sniffer was not far enough in the pipe. It would only go in about 4" or so. That shouldn't matter any.
Looking at it on a larger screen than my tablet, though, it is actually closer to the 13.7- 14.1 range for cruising. Unfortunately, I don't know what gear was what.
So I hear you saying that this test wasn't with the throttle fully open but at a cruise setting.

It sounds like your tech was doing things right, but I can tell you for sure that unless you have your O2 sensors disconnected, once your throttle has stabilized and the engine is warm, your motorcycle will go closed loop and there the numbers will fluctuate around 14.7:1 plus or minues 0.2/0.3 AFR. If that didn't happen, either the engine wasn't warm enough or something else was wrong about the setup.

Do you have any aftermarket electronics on the bike?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #3169
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessitori View Post

Quick technical question: since the weather has gotten somewhat cooler, should I change the settings on my unit in order not to lose performance gains?
As JJ said a couple of posts back, no, not really. But let me elaborate on that a little.

The jumper on the IICE Air can be left on the -20°C setting. The internal thermistors track the incoming air temperature and maintain whichever offset the user has selected. This means that at the -20°C setting the ECU receives an Intake Air Temperature signal that is 20°C lower than actual.

However, as you know the IICE Air is adjustable to any one of four temperature offsets. The adjustment capability is primarily for compatibility with our future products, and for extremes of ambient temperature. Extreme can best be described as barely tolerable for riding.

All the above notwithstanding, the four jumper settings are also there because some riders really want the ability to make adjustments. At least a hundred various user posts prove that the old adage is true, namely that 'your mileage may vary'. And who am I to argue with that?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #3170
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,592
On order since Sept 4th 2012

Am I the only one who would like an answer as to when my order will ship? I can't even get the courtesy of a response from these guys! From what I see the order list hasn't been updated in months. They have had my money for over two months now. WTF ! I don't think getting a response is to much to ask.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #3171
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,466
Lets meet up soon, you can use mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Am I the only one who would like an answer as to when my order will ship? I can't even get the courtesy of a response from these guys! From what I see the order list hasn't been updated in months. They have had my money for over two months now. WTF ! I don't think getting a response is to much to ask.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !
Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #3172
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Lets meet up soon, you can use mine.
Thanks Matt. Always the Gentleman. Really I just want a status update
Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #3173
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,722
So here is my response.

I don't know.
Yeah I suppose that isn't 'manly' but it is the truth.

Did you happen to see this post?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=603

JJ

Quote:

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
Old 11-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #3174
(I^2)R/746
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
It's not the first time somebody has complained. This seems to be a major sticking point with this endeavor of yours. I have been waiting a couple of months as well. I don't think anybody is asking you to be "manly" they just want an idea. Preferably up front. I think you guys might really have something here but at this pace it's a dud.

Have you considered outsourcing production? It's winter time and there's lots of smart folks on this board who probably wouldn't mind a little bench work. Perhaps have somebody make batches, send to you for QA, then you send out. Payment upon successful QA pass. There's one solution for you.

I honestly think with a little production help, some strategic marketing, and a small investment you guys might have something with this. Even at a zero profit some help would free you to complete the design work on the rest of the product line while keeping a customer base and your name out there.

Just trying to be constructive. I'm not throwing stones either: I own a small business servicing and installing generators and the like. I know how hard it is to find good help and what it's like to start from scratch. Good luck and hope to see my product this year.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #3175
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Oddometer: 3,388
Dagnabbit JJ! You made me read that post Again! Stop that. Reading is hard for me as it is. And you forcing me to reread an old post makes my head hurt! You need to stop taking your advertizingmentillteezering or whatever it is you do here way too serious. I mean really...

If you need me I will be hanging out on Poolsides lawn with bated breath waiting to catch a glimpse of the master as he walks by the casement window late at night toiling away at his workbench...

Ok, so truth be told, I won't be waiting on his lawn. I will be trying to figure out how to pump all the water out of my new underground silo I just bought. The last three owners couldn't figure out how to do it. Their problem was spending all their time reading the directions. I really got a screaming deal too! We all know the world is going to hell in a hand basket and I don't want to be caught with my pants down. So if you will excuse me, I have some work to do...

Save $5 on Smugmug by entering coupon code: GJBcMk1uLoZm6
Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #3176
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDakar View Post
...Ok, so truth be told, I won't be waiting on his lawn. I will be trying to figure out how to pump all the water out of my new underground silo I just bought. The last three owners couldn't figure out how to do it. Their problem was spending all their time reading the directions. I really got a screaming deal too! We all know the world is going to hell in a hand basket and I don't want to be caught with my pants down. So if you will excuse me, I have some work to do...

You know deep water dive opportunities in kansas are all the rage these days...

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #3177
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 15,316
It's worth the wait, I'm glad every day I ride the GS.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #3178
darmahman
"Illogically Deluded"

Oddometer: 2,958
Join the club. I paid at least 3 months ago but don't expect it till Summer 2013. Seems there could be a problem if something happens in his life and can't finish them. He will leave a lot of people hanging.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #3179
RomaDakota
Illuminatus!

Oddometer: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDakar View Post
I will be trying to figure out how to pump all the water out of my new underground silo I just bought. The last three owners couldn't figure out how to do it. Their problem was spending all their time reading the directions. I really got a screaming deal too! We all know the world is going to hell in a hand basket and I don't want to be caught with my pants down. So if you will excuse me, I have some work to do...
Assessment from the air, I'd be hoping the drought continues.... :-p
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #3180
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:

I can't even get the courtesy of a response from these guys! From what I see the order list hasn't been updated in months. They have had my money for over two months now. WTF ! I don't think getting a response is to much to ask.
Ok, let me take a look. You sent a Private Message at 7pm yesterday, and didn't receive a response by 8am today.

I sent out an email to some folks in the PM queue today, I think you received one.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Closed Thread