User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #15346
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,695
New XRR For Sale

Let me Start by saying "Divorce Sucks" but it in my case it beat the alternative. As a result, I'm probably going to have to sell my new CA Plated XR650R. This bike is a total virgin with a metitculously A/R installation done on the dualsport kit. I haven't listed it anywhere yet, but wanted to see what you guys thought. Because it's new,, at the price I'm selling it for, I'm not profiting.

If someone is looking for a clean XR, I'd bet there wasn't a fresher one in existence. It's had maybe 2 tankfuls of gas run through it since new. It's a BRAND NEW!!! 2003. The plastic is not scratched and other than being plated, it's a virgin. I already installed the "HRC Uncorking Kit" the TrailTech Vapor with aluminum guard, and the ManRack with Fender Brace. I still have all the stock items that were removed. This bike is Super Fun to ride, but I'm hurting for cash. It starts right up very reliably. It's dusty because I took it for a 10 mile ride to say goodbye to it - and cry a little.

I want $5K for it, and if you think that's too much, you're probably not the right guy for it. This is for the person that specifically wants a brand new bike - with California Plate and Title. I'm in Orange County (Disneyland). PM me if you're interested.

RZ Rob

RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #15347
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Oddometer: 664
1x Aussie Replica build

I am in the process of sourcing parts for a 2005 1x Team Honda replica build which will hopefully be as close to the below photo as possible (without getting too silly). If anyone has any of the bits, you know who to PM

Old 11-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #15348
monkeyfez
Enabler....

Oddometer: 5,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaffa View Post
I am in the process of sourcing parts for a 2005 1x Team Honda replica build which will hopefully be as close to the below photo as possible (without getting too silly). If anyone has any of the bits, you know who to PM

No photo man.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #15349
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfez View Post
No photo man.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #15350
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostsaffa View Post
I think the exhaust is the only thing that isn't commonly available. The BRP triple clamp/damper mount, IMS tank, and Renthal bars are all still common production items. Precision Concepts will still match the suspension exactly. Bob Bell told me he has all necessary parts to fully service my suspension if I want. Almost the entire HRC engine kit is still available. The oversize Braking front rotor is also still available (new design though). I'm not using the one that came on my bike currently since I upgraded to a 320mm rotor when I made the switch to supermoto trim. Did I miss anything?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #15351
slickwill
Exhiled

The Precision Concepts carbon fiber fork guards were also still available last time I checked.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #15352
bamfslap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
I think the exhaust is the only thing that isn't commonly available. The BRP triple clamp/damper mount, IMS tank, and Renthal bars are all still common production items. Precision Concepts will still match the suspension exactly. Bob Bell told me he has all necessary parts to fully service my suspension if I want. Almost the entire HRC engine kit is still available. The oversize Braking front rotor is also still available (new design though). I'm not using the one that came on my bike currently since I upgraded to a 320mm rotor when I made the switch to supermoto trim. Did I miss anything?

I could be wrong but I heard they actually didn't use the higher compression piston because it was overkill. That could save some money if piecing together the HRC kit...

Beautiful bike. I'm thinking of doing the black baja fender paint. Krylon fusion good?
bamfslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #15353
slickwill
Exhiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamfslap View Post
I could be wrong but I heard they actually didn't use the higher compression piston because it was overkill. That could save some money if piecing together the HRC kit...

Beautiful bike. I'm thinking of doing the black baja fender paint. Krylon fusion good?
True story. On the Baja bike bikes they ran 10:1. On the BITD bikes they ran 11:1. I have an email from Bob Bell explaining all of that.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #15354
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post

The BRP triples are no longer sold in Johnny Campbell form (ie. blue with his name embossed), they only sell the black ones but I can always get them made blue.

I have the race pipe, just not the headers so the plan is to find a close match to the original headers, unfortunately the race pipe join was a smaller diameter than most other headers including PC's normal system.

The Works Connection Pro clutch perch were superseded but they are very similar still.

The hardest will be the works rear brake, but I have sent a letter to the Honda Motorsports division (Precision concepts suggested this).

I can see this build becoming an obsession
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #15355
bump
COLOR ME GONE

Oddometer: 713
He's fine

The car fire in Loreto was much worse from what I know (I wasn't at either) and I think two or three guys are still in the hospital from the car fire. There's a vid of the whole thing on YouTube somewhere. I'll look.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjEvDU6j48g It ain't for the faint of heart as there is audible screaming...

How this doesn't happen alot more often is a mystery to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
. Talk about a bad day! Hope everyone (including the kid that's on fire) was okay.
bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #15356
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty

Oddometer: 695
One more as I pass the ktm 990

BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #15357
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Lost,

any anodizer can undo anodizing & colouring, and redo into whatever you like.
When finished, what will you do with it?
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #15358
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 15,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Why lower it? The 17" wheels lower it quite a bit already and with the massive grip on pavement, you'll run out of cornering clearance. I drag pegs easy on mine at full height. I would go with CRF450 forks if you want USD.

I hate how they look with a little 17 front and the big long forks...clown bike look.
larryboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #15359
Lostsaffa
Half Man Half BRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRPsa View Post
Lost,

any anodizer can undo anodizing & colouring, and redo into whatever you like.
When finished, what will you do with it?
It is just going to be a weekend toy, now that I don't use it as transport I can afford to have it looking a bit nicer :). The idea is not to leave it in the garage looking pretty, but opening it up on the forestry fire roads as often as possible.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #15360
Unsung
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
I need a complete front wheel. I don't know how to lace wheels and I'm not even going to try. The local guy wants close to $200 to do it, so no thanks. Does anyone have one in great condition for sale? This post should probably go somewhere else, but I'd think the XR650R community section would be better. I found me an '04 XR400R wheel that's identical in great condition, but I don't like the price, so I'm saving it as a last resort.
Unsung is offline   Reply With Quote