Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,962
This should probably be in the old thread, but what the hell.

Ferrari looked at the yellow light video from Brazil and are apparently contemplating a challenge. The Guardian says a successful challenge would cost Vettel 20 seconds and also the drivers title.

I'm a Ferrari supporter and I dislike both Vettel and Red Bull. But I must say, I wouldn't like to see the title change hands in this manner. The stewards had their say at the track, and that's that. I could make a snide remark about a cheating team with a cheating car cheating its way to the title, but I promised markjenn I wouldn't.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #17
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,066
I have to say that as much as I wanted Alonso to win, I don't want it to be this way...
a bit like the NFL. if the officials blew the call, then as shitty as it iis, that's the way it goes. Make changes so it never happens again I guess and move on.
I hate seeing these things dragged out.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #18
Yossarian
Deputy Cultural Attach

Oddometer: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Ferrari looked at the yellow light video from Brazil and are apparently contemplating a challenge. The Guardian says a successful challenge would cost Vettel 20 seconds and also the drivers title.
That is total crap.

(That Ferrari would benefit from such action.)

Alonso is a driver's driver. There's no way he wants a championship that came from a rules challenge after-the-fact. It would not taste at all sweet.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #19
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

I think the challenge rumors are just that.. rumors..

however...

Ferrari to challenge Christmas

Posted in Motorsport, News by Sniff on Thursday, November 29th, 2012
The Ferrari F1 team has announced that it is evaluating whether to launch an official protest against Christmas.
Last December we became aware that a man travelled the world giving gifts to children whilst wearing a suit that made unauthorised use of the signature red and white Ferrari colours, said Maranello spokesman Paul Oozer. Since then we have been carefully examining footage of this Christmas event and, although we did not mention it at the time, we now believe we have a case against the gentleman who infringed our copyright, Mr Claus, which we can string out in an over-dramatic and pathetically childish way.
If the Italian team decides to go ahead with its action against Father Christmas, it could have dire consequences for the jocular Laplanders usual present distribution routine and indeed for Christmas itself. However, Ferrari believe they have a solution to this potential seasonal crisis; As the rightful users of the red and white colour scheme, we would take over the whole Christmas event, said a spokesman. Fernando Alonso has the pace to deliver presents all over the world in just one night and Felipe Massa looks like an elf. Plus, the 2012 car was basically a bit of a turkey.
As for the actual presents to be delivered to youngsters across the globe, Ferrari claim they would have a solution to that too. What child would not want to receive a Ferrari-branded golfing glove or Ferrari-branded ice scraper? their spokesman asked. Although of course in return the child would owe us 390 and 735 Euros respectively.
Whilst Ferrari continue to deliberate on their next move, others are less than impressed with their potential plan to ruin Christmas. For fucks sake, cant they just drop it and move on, said the rest of the world, yesterday.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #20
RTLover
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codewheeney View Post

will McLaren regret Perez?
Not unless Carlos Slim goes broke.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #21
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Ross Brawn back to Ferrari?

Quote:
There might be a confirmation of this news in the next couple of days, and a dream come true for Tifosi young and old.
It is said that Ross Brawn is negotiating with Ferrari for a spectacular return to Via Abetone Inferiore Maranello, after 7 years of fishing, winning a world title with Honda and a until now painful adventure with Mercedes, the big man might be on his way back home.
In the last four seasons Ferrari lacked people with clever, creative and outside of the box ideas, just as president Di Montezemolo has hammered on, en it is for exactly this, he seems to have given Ross a call,, who is known for his great ability to read the rules, and find holes and possibility's in every paragraph.
As seen in Honda with the double diffuser and in Mercedes with their DDRS.

In Maranello Brawn would take the role as technical director, Pat Fry head designer and Tombazis will have to take a few steps back after he led the Gestione Sportiva with the last 4 cars being a complete or partially disappointment.
We have to remember, might everything come together, Brawn will have to go trough a period of gardening leave, a 6 months stop, like James Key recently.
But there might be a shortcut, if Mercedes Petronas AMG changes their name to Mercedes AMG, he might go to Ferrari immediately.
If not Brawn might start his work in Maranello halfway through the season, and will be completely installed long before the important season 2014 with the engine change starts.

For now nothing is still confirmed, but the time is ready for the legendary British engineer to come home, where he togheter with Rory Byrne, Jean Todt and Michael Schumacher wrote history, not only in Ferrari, but in F1 all together.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #22
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,169
Thumb Love it!

So true, F1 wouldn't b what it is without Ferrari, they add this SoapOpera effect to it. Like a talented kid who is also very spoiled. Like a Mozart if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
I think the challenge rumors are just that.. rumors..

however...

Ferrari to challenge Christmas

Posted in Motorsport, News by Sniff on Thursday, November 29th, 2012
The Ferrari F1 team has announced that it is evaluating whether to launch an official protest against Christmas.
Last December we became aware that a man travelled the world giving gifts to children whilst wearing a suit that made unauthorised use of the signature red and white Ferrari colours, said Maranello spokesman Paul Oozer. Since then we have been carefully examining footage of this Christmas event and, although we did not mention it at the time, we now believe we have a case against the gentleman who infringed our copyright, Mr Claus, which we can string out in an over-dramatic and pathetically childish way.
If the Italian team decides to go ahead with its action against Father Christmas, it could have dire consequences for the jocular Laplanders usual present distribution routine and indeed for Christmas itself. However, Ferrari believe they have a solution to this potential seasonal crisis; As the rightful users of the red and white colour scheme, we would take over the whole Christmas event, said a spokesman. Fernando Alonso has the pace to deliver presents all over the world in just one night and Felipe Massa looks like an elf. Plus, the 2012 car was basically a bit of a turkey.
As for the actual presents to be delivered to youngsters across the globe, Ferrari claim they would have a solution to that too. What child would not want to receive a Ferrari-branded golfing glove or Ferrari-branded ice scraper? their spokesman asked. Although of course in return the child would owe us 390 and 735 Euros respectively.
Whilst Ferrari continue to deliberate on their next move, others are less than impressed with their potential plan to ruin Christmas. For fucks sake, cant they just drop it and move on, said the rest of the world, yesterday.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #23
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,106
If Ross Brawn goes back to Ferrari then Hamilton is screwed.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #24
jersey jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
If Ross Brawn goes back to Ferrari then Hamilton is screwed.

That was my first thought too.

Ross Brawn thought bubble:

"I gotta deal with Niki Lauda? Screw that, I'm going back to Ferrari."

13 HD Ultra Limited, 03 Yamaha Road Star Warrior ( for sale! )
jersey jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

they have a plan:

Montezemolo: A car capable of winning right from the start in 2013

Maranello, 29 November At midday today, everyone was in the pavilion behind Ferraris Centro Sviluppo Prodotti (Product Development Centre.) All the men and women of the Scuderia had gathered to hear the words of President Luca di Montezemolo, who wanted to address the team at the end of a long and closely contested season. Having to comment on two second places Fernando Alonso in the Drivers championship and the team in the one for Constructors is never easy, especially when winning is in ones DNA, a fact underlined by Montezemolo. You should be proud of what you have done, he said, because you managed to be contenders right to the very end, even if we did not have the quickest car. There were at least two cars, the McLaren and the Red Bull, that were better than ours. Therefore having managed to get ahead of at least one of them in the Constructors and keeping Fernando in the fight right to the end, was very significant and I wish to thank you for that. We managed it mainly because of our incredible reliability, the work from the pit wall and during the pit stops and in the way we reacted after a very difficult start.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #26
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey jim View Post
Ross Brawn thought bubble:

"I gotta deal with Niki Lauda? Screw that, I'm going back to Ferrari."
I'm thinking there's a lot of truth to that suggestion.

Hamilton's wondering what just happened.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #27
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

let's hope Kimi ditches Apple Maps for 2013

g容g screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 04:12 PM
Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #28
wxwax
Excited Member

Pretty funny using his old bites.

That off-course excursion was surreal. Never seen anything like it.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 11-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #29
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

this just in!!!!

Lewis Hamilton's first visit to Mercedes AMG F1 headquarters

Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #30
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

who will it be?????

Force India seeking talent, not money

November 30, 2012

Force India says speed rather than money will be the deciding factor in who lines up alongside Paul di Resta next year.
The team is expected to confirm its 2013 driver lineup in the next few weeks, with a host of names having been linked with the squad. Although Paul di Resta is understood to be certain to retain his drive, the identity of his teammate is not yet clear, with Sebastien Buemi, Adrian Sutil, Bruno Senna and Kamui Kobayashi having been linked with it.
Force India chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer thinks it vital that the team finds a quick replacement for the departing Nico Hulkenberg, because that will ensure it gets the best out of di Resta, too.
"I am a believer that you need someone like that," he said. "Not everyone does, and it is a subconscious thing.
"You think you are driving the best you can, but there is nothing like competition for us humans to really sharpen our focus, attention and skills in all sort of stuff. If you have competition you end up driving yourself more."
Force India is expected to announce its lineup at its Christmas party, which takes place in the middle of December.
"We will announce everything in a couple of weeks," said Szafnauer. "We have a pretty short list of candidates now."

This article originally appeared in Autosport.com