Another Fricken Newbie!!!

Oddometer: 42
Touratech is in NZ

Hi all, Touratech is finally in NZ www.touratech.co.nz
Old 11-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
gsd4me
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,801
Don`t get too excited, whatever you want to buy will be on back order.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
NZ Adventure OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD4ME View Post
Don`t get too excited, whatever you want to buy will be on back order.
Holding stock in NZ!! :-)
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,157
welcome Mr NZ Adventure. You have a lovely selection of stuff.

Do you have something in the ahhh... economy range?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
motu
Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer: 4,215
I was looking at sunglasses - $712.99 is a little more than I would spend (I'm normally in the $1.99 range), but hey, these things are hand made in Italy! Hand carved out of titanium, with just a hacksaw and file that would take months! And plastic lenses made by someone else...maybe hand carved from Marmite jars. I could lose these things in a matter of hours, but however found them where I dropped them would be pretty damn rapt.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Voltaire
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by motu View Post
I was looking at sunglasses - $712.99 is a little more than I would spend (I'm normally in the $1.99 range), but hey, these things are hand made in Italy! Hand carved out of titanium, with just a hacksaw and file that would take months! And plastic lenses made by someone else...maybe hand carved from Marmite jars. I could lose these things in a matter of hours, but however found them where I dropped them would be pretty damn rapt.
I thougth you would smeer some oil on the Mk2 Flying Goggles you got a Vallantines in 1971 for milk money......these days riding a motorcycle is about looking the part and having the best gear......well thats in Ponsonby anyway....don't know about over them Bombays.
I just stuff all my gear in a rubbish bag and tie it on the Norton with # 8 wire......
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Good luck with your new venture. Ignore the wowsers, he actually uses a pair of classy magnificently hand carved no expense spared leather throw over saddle bags that he was given .
Old 11-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
motu
Loose Pre Unit

I don't know why anyone on here would complain about the prices anyway - from what I've observed Adventure riding is all about displaying disposable income. Park up at a Cafe in a rural town, pretend you got there the hard way, and let the bike speak for itself.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,061
Quote:
I don't know why anyone on here would complain about the prices anyway - from what I've observed Adventure riding is all about displaying disposable income. Park up at a Cafe in a rural town, pretend you got there the hard way, and let the bike speak for itself.
You just need to get more than 150km from Auckland sometime mate. Down here we park up outside the pub & let all the bike's mud, scratches, missing bits & ghetto mods speak for themselves

A lot of the Touratech gear is quite nicely designed stuff though. I often copy their ideas when I'm building things for the bike

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Voltaire
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Rural towns with Cafes.....you can't fool me to going over them there Bombay hills.....with or without my hand crafted leather throwovers...
Old 11-30-2012, 05:33 AM   #11
NZ Adventure OP

Thanks guys,

We are working on the pricing calculation formulas as I write this and we will be amending the website ready for the weekend.

I can assure everyone we are not out to gouge with the pricing and looking forward to building a relationship within the Adventure Bike fraternity :-)

Watch this space and if you are concerned with anything then please feel free to give me a call 022 10 12 14 1
Old 11-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #12
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,448
Quote:
Yes, we BMW riders know how to shine
Old 11-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,237
Quote:
Harley's parked outside of cafe's dosn't count as adventure riding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Adventure View Post
Thanks guys,

We are working on the pricing calculation formulas as I write this and we will be amending the website ready for the weekend.

I can assure everyone we are not out to gouge with the pricing and looking forward to building a relationship within the Adventure Bike fraternity :-)

Watch this space and if you are concerned with anything then please feel free to give me a call 022 10 12 14 1
Nice work. I was wondering if some of the prices you had shown on your site were going to be revised once you got cracking. I think most of us would like to support your new venture but like all internet business, there are lots of places to compare pricing to keep every one on the same page.....but being able to chat on the phone is the best way to clear up any apparant pricing confusion.

Good luck with the business!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,157
Not trying to sound facetious, merely curious so no offence i intended but is a NZ internet shopping site more betterer than an o/s one? I guess you have a warehouse & someone packing & shipping which helps the local economy but unless the cost is as competitive as overseas I don't see the advantage.

Good on ya for starting up.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #15
motu
Loose Pre Unit

Damn, I was so going to buy some Touratech, but I was up at the Mangatangi Dam today, and rummaging through the rubbish bins, under some banana skins I found this....Says LYS 1975 in the badge thing, nice patina - everyone will be sure I've been using this thing everyday since 1975.

Closed Thread