GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
Of SA silly.
woo hoo, Internet...well iPad with 3G

Don't be so fussy X-R.

I had a photo sent to me by MMS yesterday of DR on a beach strangely like one on the previous page then one of a pot of amber liquid at a location that looked strangely like the Nelson drinking hole and I thought "who would be so cruel to send something like that when at work on a warm day? Surely no 'mate' of mine would do something so low. Then I realised it was a 'slow' bike..................PRICK!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #1789
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsD2 View Post
woo hoo, Internet...well iPad with 3G

Don't be so fussy X-R.

I had a photo sent to me by MMS yesterday of DR on a beach strangely like one on the previous page then one of a pot of amber liquid at a location that looked strangely like the Nelson drinking hole and I thought "who would be so cruel to send something like that when at work on a warm day? Surely no 'mate' of mine would do something so low. Then I realised it was a 'slow' bike..................PRICK!!!!
I might get the bike out sometime over the next three days. No internet means that a few jobs I have at work are on hold. I could go sailing instead. Decisions! Motorola defy is a slow typing option for me.
XRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #1790
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Question

. Yesterday we had a home phone, tonight the landline is hit and miss but I have ADSL.....???

GagsD2 screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 12:06 PM
GagsD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #1791
jugglingogre
Under the thumb

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
. Yesterday we had a home phone, tonight the landline is hit and miss but I have ADSL.....???
How good is it having the Internet again!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #1792
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Yeah but; No but

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglingogre View Post
How good is it having the Internet again!!!!!!!
Yes it is good being out of the 1970's communication wise; but, now I have top do battle with dept Immigration website tomorrow and do some ordering via the web that last week I felt completely justified in ignoring.

I am going for a ride tomorrow arvo for sure.

Sunday I will launch the "Utter Futility" for a sail around Portland Bay. The UF is a Hartley TS16 which might give you a clue about the irony of my van's sticker. ( Utter Futility Racing Team) The TS16 is SLOW! well it is compared to my catamaran racing days.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #1793
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ride didn't happen

I got busy and the day flew past. No time to ride. I did test out the boat Sunday and it didn't sink!

What I did manage to do was download some gps tracks from www.transaustraliatrail.com.au to my GPS unit to allow me to follow Bull600's route in the Coorong area.I also uploaded BRR and our track in the Northern Flinders ride ( look for the Blinman Copley Umberatana file. Honours to BRR for putting me onto the right way to do it, but PC to GPS mapping has a steepish learning curve.

I am thinking that maybe between Xmas and new year I might have a crack at following my GPS route to Mt Burr and back. I have always wanted to check out that lookout tower on the hill. Perhaps we could have a lemonade at Amber's house? Is anyone keen?

Bull600 also has uploaded a track from Adelaide to the Flinders. Tempting! Check out his RR.

XRman screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 10:52 PM
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #1794
James Cook
O.H.M.S

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
I got busy and the day flew past. No time to ride. I did test out the boat Sunday and it didn't sink!

What I did manage to do was download some gps tracks from www.transaustraliatrail.com.au to my GPS unit to allow me to follow Bull600's route in the Coorong area.I also uploaded BRR and our track in the Northern Flinders ride ( look for the Blinman Copley Umberatana file. Honours to BRR for putting me onto the right way to do it, but PC to GPS mapping has a steepish learning curve.

I am thinking that maybe between Xmas and new year I might have a crack at following my GPS route to Mt Burr and back. I have always wanted to check out that lookout tower on the hill. Perhaps we could have a lemonade at Amber's house? Is anyone keen?

Bull600 also has uploaded a track from Adelaide to the Flinders. Tempting! Check out his RR.

I would be interested to a ride to Mt Burr, have to be early in the new year. You know Christmas-- kids home.

Talking about bull600, he sent me a GPS track Mt Barker to Victor Harbor and Mt Barker to Mannum,like to do
that one. There are some helpful people on ADVrider .
James Cook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #1795
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cook View Post
I would be interested to a ride to Mt Burr, have to be early in the new year. You know Christmas-- kids home.

Talking about bull600, he sent me a GPS track Mt Barker to Victor Harbor and Mt Barker to Mannum,like to do
that one. There are some helpful people on ADVrider .

What about a weekend in Mid January then? I have kids home and then a caravan trip to Gellibrand in the early New Year period. Gotta love Christmas; we all try to cram too much into such a short period.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #1796
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

I was thinking as soon as a tower was mentioned you would be in Sam.

I am rostered for on call over Xmas/New Year and I have once again screwed my back up so not sure where I will be for January :(
Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #1797
Oz Nutter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Bluhduh its not me who's silly.....

Quote:
Of SA silly.
No, it's the most southerly point IN SA, as it is a region, Its one several southern extremities OF the Australian Mainland (that being a continent), Don't screw with me pal, I was second in my year 12 Geography class.
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #1798
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Nutter View Post
No, it's the most southerly point IN SA, as it is a region, Its one several southern extremities OF the Australian Mainland (that being a continent), Don't screw with me pal, I was second in my year 12 Geography class.
We stand corrected Sir!

Gags you could be in the orthopaedic ward with me. I have my leg reviewed next Monday and hopefully they decide to pull the pins out. You need to start doing Yoga regularly to strenghten your core muscles. It does help a lot with back issues.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #1799
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Nutter View Post

Quote:
We stand corrected Sir!

Gags you could be in the orthopaedic ward with me. I have my leg reviewed next Monday and hopefully they decide to pull the pins out. You need to start doing Yoga regularly to strenghten your core muscles. It does help a lot with back issues.
For all those who may think otherwise it proves I am not spineless.....even if it is fecked!!!

I have been working on my core's under instructions of the Physio.....my poor stomach area hasn't worked this hard since the Academy days......
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #1800
James Cook
O.H.M.S

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
I was thinking as soon as a tower was mentioned you would be in Sam.

I am rostered for on call over Xmas/New Year and I have once again screwed my back up so not sure where I will be for January :(

You know the story Gags,it's the high ground where the victory is.
James Cook is online now   Reply With Quote