ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #421
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnelson View Post
I'm thinking of going with the Tour S7 jacket. This looks to be a very high quality jacket similar to the Ergo 365. I will order it with the warrior back and chest protectors. Later, I will get a summer specific jacket.

Do any pants with venting work well with the Tour S7 jacket?

Thanks,
Eric
Good choice Eric,

TourS7 is a great product, very durable with innovative venting system (Airack).
The best pants to go with TourS7 are Ergo Pro:
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...-trousers.html

Part of Ergo Pro external fabric is same as TourS7.
They provide generous venting as you can see from picture and its waterproof liner and thermal liner are removable.




Thank for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #422
kefirek
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Kraków, POLAND
Oddometer: 6
Hi Mateo,


I would like to order the SPIDI Venture Jacket but I have problem with the size. I have 197cm tall, and about 85kg weight, in chest about 102cm. So what size will be better for me, XL or XXL?


Next question, the hurricane pants have the termal lining or only the H2Out membrane? What the best size will be for me? The jeans size i have W34L36.

And the last question. Why SPIDI don't use goretex only H2Out membrane? Could you compare for me that two product? Could you give us the technical detalis about waterproof and breathability parameters?


Regards
Marcin
kefirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #423
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefirek View Post
Hi Mateo,


I would like to order the SPIDI Venture Jacket but I have problem with the size. I have 197cm tall, and about 85kg weight, in chest about 102cm. So what size will be better for me, XL or XXL?


Next question, the hurricane pants have the termal lining or only the H2Out membrane? What the best size will be for me? The jeans size i have W34L36.

And the last question. Why SPIDI don't use goretex only H2Out membrane? Could you compare for me that two product? Could you give us the technical detalis about waterproof and breathability parameters?


Regards
Marcin
Hi Marcin.
You're very tall and quite thin, I suggest you Venture in size XXL.
About Hurricane, you surely go with the LONG version (10 cms. more than standard). So you'll go with the Hurricane Long, size XL. Hurricane doesn't have thermal liner (only H2Out + mesh liner). If you want a thicker pant, try the VTM in size XXL.
About H2Out, Spidi use its own H2Out membrane fro more than 20 years, and the reason is simple: our history show H2Out is the best choice in the market. We can't make comparison because every jacket has its own particular H2Out membrane (by itself, or laminated to external fabric, or z-liner etc...).





Thank for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #424
Freeman88
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 2
Hi Mateo

After riding XRV with Spidi Jacket and Pants over 6 years, got a new bike (R 1200 GSA) and need also new clothes
So my favorite is the suite Tour S7 H2OUT. But not with the Ergo Pro Pants, i would buy the complete suite of the Tour S7. But I've also seen the Marathon suite, looks also very nice, there are more pokets.. more an adventure suite than the Tour S7, isn't ?
So can you also give a good note to the Tour S7 pants, or is the Ergo Pro the better choice ?

thanks
Roland
Freeman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #425
kefirek
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Kraków, POLAND
Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi Marcin.
You're very tall and quite thin, I suggest you Venture in size XXL.
About Hurricane, you surely go with the LONG version (10 cms. more than standard). So you'll go with the Hurricane Long, size XL. Hurricane doesn't have thermal liner (only H2Out + mesh liner). If you want a thicker pant, try the VTM in size XXL.
About H2Out, Spidi use its own H2Out membrane fro more than 20 years, and the reason is simple: our history show H2Out is the best choice in the market. We can't make comparison because every jacket has its own particular H2Out membrane (by itself, or laminated to external fabric, or z-liner etc...).





Thank for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
thank you for your answer, I have one more question about pants.

the H2Out membrane in VTM pants is removable or not? I'm looking for pants which will be have removable membrane, removable termal liner and is it is possible air vent. The pants should be black and fit for SPIDI Venture Jacket. So what is the best choise if we omitting Ergo and Marathon pants?
kefirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #426
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 394
Marathon Suit vs TourS7 Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman88 View Post
Hi Mateo

After riding XRV with Spidi Jacket and Pants over 6 years, got a new bike (R 1200 GSA) and need also new clothes
So my favorite is the suite Tour S7 H2OUT. But not with the Ergo Pro Pants, i would buy the complete suite of the Tour S7. But I've also seen the Marathon suite, looks also very nice, there are more pokets.. more an adventure suite than the Tour S7, isn't ?
So can you also give a good note to the Tour S7 pants, or is the Ergo Pro the better choice ?

thanks
Roland
Hi Roland,

TourS7 Suit and Marathon Suit have a big difference: TourS7 is a 2-layers (external waterproof H2Out + removable thermal) while Marathon is a 3-layers (external water resistant + removable waterproof H2Out + removable thermal). TourS7 is more for winter, Marathon is a 4-season.

About pants, TourS7 comes with a 2 layers pants; if you want to upgrade to Ergo Pro pants, you surely have a more complete pants, as Ergo Pro is a 3-layers made of the best ever materials, very durable and resistent.


Thank for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #427
Cru Jones
USUAL SUSPECT
 
Cru Jones's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Oddometer: 18
STR-2 H2OUT Gloves

Hi Matteo,

I wanted to ask about the insulation on these gloves on the palms. Also, is there a dealer anywhere near San Jose, CA where I could try a pair on? I hate to buy them and have to ship them back if they don't feel right. Thanks.
__________________
www.suspectsunlimited.com
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #428
Freeman88
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 2
TourS7 versus Marathon

Hi Mateo

Thanks very much for your declaration. So I think the Marathon is the one i should buy.
Just to verify. I tried the S7 and the L Size is the best, perfect for me (Jacket and Pants).
(1.77 / 70kg)
Can I get the Marathon in same size or is there to much difference that i have to try it.
(Difficult because there is no dealer near my homeplace...)

thanks in advance
Roland
Freeman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #429
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 394
Spidi VTM pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefirek View Post
thank you for your answer, I have one more question about pants.

the H2Out membrane in VTM pants is removable or not? I'm looking for pants which will be have removable membrane, removable termal liner and is it is possible air vent. The pants should be black and fit for SPIDI Venture Jacket. So what is the best choise if we omitting Ergo and Marathon pants?
Hi Kefirek, VTM has thermal removable liner, while H2Out membrane is Z-liner construction, meaning you can't detach. If you need pants with removable H2Out waterproof breathable membrane, you can go with Hurricane that is even available in Long size version. It doesn't features vents but if you like vents you could go with Marathon.

Thank for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #430
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 394
Spidi STR-2 H2OUT Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Hi Matteo,

I wanted to ask about the insulation on these gloves on the palms. Also, is there a dealer anywhere near San Jose, CA where I could try a pair on? I hate to buy them and have to ship them back if they don't feel right. Thanks.
Hi Cru,
STR2 H2Out are quite light, insulation is not very big neither on palm or back.
If you need a more insulated gloves you could consider NK3 or Carbo Winter.



Thank for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #431
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman88 View Post
Hi Mateo

Thanks very much for your declaration. So I think the Marathon is the one i should buy.
Just to verify. I tried the S7 and the L Size is the best, perfect for me (Jacket and Pants).
(1.77 / 70kg)
Can I get the Marathon in same size or is there to much difference that i have to try it.
(Difficult because there is no dealer near my homeplace...)

thanks in advance
Roland
Hi Roland,

you should go with a L size in Marathon too.

Thank for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #432
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 394
Hi guys,
I'm proudly introducing you the brand new Hard Track Suit, which summarizes SPIDI's know-how on adventure touring and long-range enduro rides.

Its roots lie in the sand, the dunes and lands that characterized for decades the stages of epic rallyes like the Dakar and the Pharaohs; the developers are riders who were able to face theseterritories, taking their bikes to the finish line after hours spent on the saddle, from the icy dawn to the burning afternoon sun.




First Layer:
Polyamide outer shell in a triple-layer 220gr/mq fabric with perforated inner mesh lining for optimal moisture dissipation. The water repellent treatment of the outer shell allows to face heavy rains without the need to insert his waterproof layer.
The jacket and pants have large areas in Flex Tenax to accompany the movements of the rider and to make more comfortable moments when you arrive at your destination, while the short an tight cut of the jacket amplify the lightness of this suit.
There are 1621-1 certified Forcetech protectors on shoulders, elbows, hips and knees (23.0 kN Test Report) and can optionally be integrated with Level 1 or Level 2 EN1621-2 certified back protector and the two prEN1621-3 certified Warrior Chest and Thorax Warrior protectors; To reach a greater safety standard there are cow split leather panels placed on shoulders, elbows and knees area that also provide valuable aid to abrasion resistance of the suit, as well as helping to limit the flutting effect at high speed.

As per Spidi tradition, great attention has been placed to details, which have many volume adjusting possibilities on the waist, arms, hips and legs; there are 2 dynamic air intakes in the front equipped with a special device to increase the air flow, 2 intakes on the back, 2 on the sleeves, 2 under the arms and 2 on the legs.
The jacket has 5 pockets featuring an ergonomic cut and an innovative pivoting system, used for the two lower pockets, which allows easy use and high capacity, one inner "Napoleon" pocket and a transparent pocket on the sleeve, ideal for smartphones or the ticket.
The front zipper is embellished by a "step 12" military double slider.

On the back there's a large lumbar pocket, mounted in a floating position so as not to create hindrance while driving, able to contain the two inner layers and the special pocket for housing the Hydroback drinking system.
The cuffs are made with comfortable material, designed not to irritate the skin with the hottest temperatures.
Moreover, there are other 4 large pockets on the pants.
The jacket also has a Reflex area over 150cmq and is therefore suitable for use in French roads.
Groin straps to stabilize the jacket complete the equipment of the first layer.




Second Layer:
The second layer is made of H2Out waterproof, windproof and breathable jacket and pant, with a elasticized finishings and high collar in order to better protect from air and rain. The pants also have a telescopic gaiter adjustable in two position: Regular / Long, increasing the range of heights up to +10 cm.
The waterproof jacket can be worn as a single end.






Third Layer:*
Aluminized insulation lining and padded with 200gr/mq hallow fiber wadding, suitable for coldest climates. Cuffs have waterproof treatment to prevent seepage of water through capillary action.* jacket only




Thank for your interest


Matteo De Vito

Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! >
http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 09:34 AM
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #433
wizz
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: over yonder on the north coast of ca
Oddometer: 1,401
could you highlight the differences between the ergo 365 and the hard track? is the hard track more dirt/less street?
thanks
wizz
__________________
"These things are like intellectual viruses loose in the theater of discourse, and you can’t really argue with these people, because they don’t understand the rules of argument," Terence Mckenna
"An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far"WSP
2006DucatiMultistrada620, 2013 KTM 350 exc-f
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #434
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 394
Hi Wizz,
thank you for your interest on these products.

Hard Track was designed to offers adventure riders the best solution in terms of protection, ergonomy, lightweight and riding performance.
It features many solutions coming straight from rallies, and the fitting itself is very short and snug to promote handling the bike on enduro trails and dirt roads.
Of course it perform greatly on long range tour, it is wateproof and has several pocket, displaced in tactical positions, as well as a 200gr hollow fiber removable thermo lining.

Ergo 365 Pro Expedition is simply the most advanced and complete long range touring gear.
It has the full EN13595-1 Lev.2 certification to provide the riders the highest level of protection in event of a crash.
It also features the very same protections we use on our MotoGP and WSBK riders's leathers, as EN1621-2 Lev.2 certified Warrior back protector and a prEN1621-3 certified Warrior chest protector.

It has many pockets, and all of them are removable, when you need a lighter and more sporty jacket. Lot of this pockets are waterproof.

The Ergo jacket has over 1000cmq of 3M reflex surface which gives this jacket 3M 360° enhanced visiblity certification.
Comes stock with a built-in and removable HydroBack drinking system.

There is an alluminized 200gr hollow fiber wadding and an elasticized H2Out waterproof membrane; all this liners can be used as a stand alone.

In terms of performance, the Ergo 365 Pro Expedition is an allarounder, perfect for trips all over the world, with all the weather you may get.

Here's a video of the Ergo on a trip to Lake Tahoe !




So coming to your question, if I had to go on the White Rim trail, I would go for the Hard Track suit thanks to its snug fit, weight and offroad oriented features, but if I had to cruise mostly onroad and offroad for many days I would definitely choose the Ergo.
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 02:41 AM
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #435
wizz
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: over yonder on the north coast of ca
Oddometer: 1,401
one more question- are there neck braces compatable with the ergo for on/off road?
thanks
wizz
__________________
"These things are like intellectual viruses loose in the theater of discourse, and you can’t really argue with these people, because they don’t understand the rules of argument," Terence Mckenna
"An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far"WSP
2006DucatiMultistrada620, 2013 KTM 350 exc-f
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014