Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
But work within the suspension parameters and I think you have a fine machine for most people. Especially the Starbucks crowd. But they are riding an image not a bike. People who do real riding will be well served,
+1

I wonder what it would take to upgrade the stock suspenders to something more suitable for a thrashing off-road? Moot point until (if) Honda USA ever pulls their head from their arse, but it's an interesting mental exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
The XTourer seems to me to be a lot better "UJM" than the CB. It's definitely got more U. Honda USA seem a bit clueless. Either that or they do know their customers and people on here are not "normal".
I think "not normal" is the "normal" here , and indeed Honda USA are clueless gits. They got burned back in the late 80's when they imported the Transalp here (for a whopping 2 years!) and no one wanted that leviathan. But the market here has come full circle and people are realizing that specialized bikes are fine for those who have the garage space and can afford 3+ machines, but for the "1 bike family" a do-it-all steed makes a lot of sense. Now Honda USA is being muelish and refusing to import a bike that could be making them some $$$. Instead, they are importing a bike that will certainly sell (in their minds....if they sell 10 CBs in a year I'd be amazed) and leave the CT off the list ("those Americans didn't want a bike like that 20 years ago so certainly they don't want that now.....let's just ignore all the market data that says the adv-touring segment is the only one that's growing" ). I guess they figure they won't get fired if they don't make a lot of money, but they WILL get fired if they lose a bunch.....oh wait, they're gonna get canned for wasting the $$$ to homologate and import the CB! Imbeciles.....

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote