Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #1351
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
I am assuming that the rear brake hose still goes through the inside of the swingarm arm? Where do you need to check for rerouting? Every bike I get[have had many] gets taken down to the frame and reassembled with grease,loctite and lots of TLC.It is nice to know that your new bike after that treatment is really ready to go.
YEP, it still goes through swingarm. it is from master banjo - to opening of the arm I think they are talking about, can rub. takes some fiddling and stuff.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #1352
laser17
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
I am assuming that the rear brake hose still goes through the inside of the swingarm arm? Where do you need to check for rerouting? Every bike I get[have had many] gets taken down to the frame and reassembled with grease,loctite and lots of TLC.It is nice to know that your new bike after that treatment is really ready to go.
Between the Master and the swingarm. The pre-bent metal pipe assembly (they made it beefier this year) can be routed too close to the swingarm. If you take the arm though the path of travel, youll see what im talking about. You will need to carefully bend the assembly. The ones that have been bad - are very close to the arm and need to be moved about another 1/2 inch away from the SA. Bend it until it clears - but watch out you dont bend it too much - just until it clears.

Pics off my 2011 that is OK for clearance.
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #1353
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Gordy, you riding today with Al or coming out saturday for San Yo? Brutus are you on your way?
Uhhhh. I have this thing called "a job". See you Sunday.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #1354
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
Gordy, you riding today with Al or coming out saturday for San Yo? Brutus are you on your way?

I'll be out there tomorrow morning between 10:00am and noon. See you then!
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #1355
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
I'll be out there tomorrow morning between 10:00am and noon. See you then!
Job.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #1356
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,536
Pulled my Techno out of the basement today. I put the rear brake tip on that got lost. I stapled up the rear fender again with safety wire. And I rode for about 15 minutes (waiting for a surgery date for my shoulder) so that's all I could take. Bike still needs work tthough.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #1357
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,196
I rode 3 full loops for the first time since I blew the ACL and had surgery back in July.
I tried riding a month ago and gave up after one loop due to pain. Much better this month. Probably helped that I dropped a class (don't care about score, just want to ride). Just happen to be out on the 5-month anniversery of the surgery. See what the knee doc thinks when I see him for a follow up visit tomorrow

I figure that when all is said and done this little knee issue will have set me back a year. But the new (OK a year old now but still new enough) Sherco is still super impressive to me.
broncobowsher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #1358
Gordy
Team Listo

Congrats on getting going again!

We had a sick trials yesterday that was an awesome time and the weather was un-believably perfect!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #1359
mung
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Spent Saturday in the garage with the new Raga.Looks good in the light.Rear brake line messes with swingarm. Carb to reedblock rubber manifold hose clamps were way over tightened and split the rubber.Carb to airbox boot was only on the carb about two thirds of the way around and the hose clamp was so tight that it deformed the clamp and crushed the rubber where it clamps to the back of the carb.Glad I did not start it yet.I do not think it would have started anyway because the carb had rank old gas in it that was already plugging the jets.This looks like a Friday afternoon assembly job.Patience grasshopper,I have 4 months till I can ride it anyway.
mung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #1360
laser17
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Glad you caught that before you rode it. The brake hose is a PITA to replace when it breaks the 1st ride out. Also - while you have it apart, if you change to a 10t ft sprocket and have the axle way back in the SA, the brake hose can come under tension and cause stress on the joints/fitting and fail. The 11 Black lines were longer. The 12 hose is on the short side and only shows up as a problem if you run short gearing like me. So make sure you reroute the bend in the line "efficiently".

It seems the Euro riders run 11/41 and is probably OK.
laser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #1361
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,234
Solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser17 View Post
Glad you caught that before you rode it. The brake hose is a PITA to replace when it breaks the 1st ride out. Also - while you have it apart, if you change to a 10t ft sprocket and have the axle way back in the SA, the brake hose can come under tension and cause stress on the joints/fitting and fail. The 11 Black lines were longer. The 12 hose is on the short side and only shows up as a problem if you run short gearing like me. So make sure you reroute the bend in the line "efficiently".

It seems the Euro riders run 11/41 and is probably OK.
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #1362
nwcycle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 974
Wasnt Today......

Sunday here in Da great white nort. was an awesome sunny day in the 60s, So with that, came a bit of practice, some bench racing stories, and more practice !!!, My Daughter on her newest toy, All blinged out
Riding at Smagical Acres with her favorite 5 time Nat. champ Coach ...

Some Barrel riding

And some Major Building Blocks...

Then its The Flys turn......( Ryan)

What a kid with all his homework done looks like
nwcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #1363
amcross
Career Rookie/Novice

Oddometer: 203
AWWWESSOMMEE!! wish I could'a been there!
Still hoping to get up to visit this winter, meet Kailey and ride with ya'all!!!

We had a blast riding with Doug M and several others at his place Sunday, slipping and sliding in the mud!
amcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #1364
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,256
Rode yesterday with the multi time WI state trials champ. A little cool at 40F, but you warmed up fast and the conditions were perfect. Today we got our first snowfall of 2". Trials season could be over, but I mounted my studded tires up on my KTM, so the riding will continue.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #1365
Gordy
Team Listo

We snuck in a real good practice before the weather went to crap today. Lotsa attempts at some pretty difficult stuff with some gilmmer of success. I'm really liking the new Beta!