ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #11371
piedralone
SoilSampleCollecter

Oddometer: 156
Glad your not too badly injured JP. I am sure you were more disappointed that you were unable to continue the ride than the injury. I have been side lined by an ijury that I have no idea how it happened. Plantar fasciitis is what the foot doc says, shoe inserts, steriod shot in the foot and take it easy he says. Come Thurs will be a month. still difficult to walk. But I don't have all the pretty colors you have!! Heal soon!!! Need to ride soon before my favorite substance covers the ground completely.
piedralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #11372
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 493
Thanks Andrew, me too.....yes very nice patina on my foot right now, changing colors & patterns daily..

Glad it wasn't worse!
Question for you:

Curious as to what boots you were wearing. Did they do the job or not so much? Also about what part of the bike landed on you and where on the foot? From the look of your appendage it's hard to tell.

Mend well...
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #11373
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
Glad your not too badly injured JP. I am sure you were more disappointed that you were unable to continue the ride than the injury. I have been side lined by an ijury that I have no idea how it happened. Plantar fasciitis is what the foot doc says, shoe inserts, steriod shot in the foot and take it easy he says. Come Thurs will be a month. still difficult to walk. But I don't have all the pretty colors you have!! Heal soon!!! Need to ride soon before my favorite substance covers the ground completely.
Thanks Martin, yeah I was pretty bummed about missing the entire ride....I say entire ride because this happened only 3 hours in on day 1 near cal city

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototifosi View Post
Thanks Andrew, me too.....yes very nice patina on my foot right now, changing colors & patterns daily..

Glad it wasn't worse!
Question for you:

Curious as to what boots you were wearing. Did they do the job or not so much? Also about what part of the bike landed on you and where on the foot? From the look of your appendage it's hard to tell.

Mend well...
I was wearing my Fox comp 5's, I think they did a great job considering...I think I would probably not have a right foot if I were wearing anything less. It's hard to say exactly what part of the bike landed on me because it happened so fast & out of nowhere. My best guess is the engine block skid plate area where it is nice & solid.

JP

JPaccassi screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 11:07 AM
JPaccassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #11374
MikeinFresno
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Ive got the Plantars Facitis too, never did heal, live with it and use the arch supports. I got thin hard plastic inserts that let me wear the same size shoes now. First set was thick and padded and messed up my sizing. Got mine at the Good Feet store before they closed. Been using the same set for about 6 yrs now.
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #11375
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Too bad it's not plated

If it had a plate, I might buy one just to sit in my garage. Well, maybe would work on my wheelie skills, kinda rusty in that area..Had heard Husky plans to introduce a 50 state plated 2 stroke in 2013. Hmmmm, that thing would have a humongous cat converter, and the first thing we would have to do is remove it to improve throttle response...
KTM 550 MXC - $3200 (FRESNO)

Date: 2012-11-29, 6:49PM PST
Reply to: qcww8-3444513137@sale.craigslist.org[?]

BEST HILL CLIMBING BEAST EVER MADE,IN PRISTINE CONDITION. JUST BEEN FULLY SERVICED BY RYAN AT MOTO 1 THIS BIKE IS NO JOKE NOT FOR THE TIMID BUT IF YOU WANT A BIKE THAT WILL GIVE YOU THE BIGGEST ADRENILINE RUSH AS YOU BLOW AWAY CR 500'S, KX 500'S ETC THAN THIS IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED. CALL MARK AT 559 647-7726 THANKS
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #11376
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
I just signed up for the Jimmy Lewis school on Jan 19-20 (wife is gonna kill me this close to Xmas! )

Ill be headed there from Fresno/Clovis area if anybody wants to join in.

Jeff
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #11377
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Wilsons, your welcome.
This is a little more in my price range ... and comes with luggage :p

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...-990-107276937
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #11378
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by montibank View Post
This is a little more in my price range ... and comes with luggage :p

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...-990-107276937
Cool, need a ride?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #11379
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,221
That MXC is the bike I need to beat a bonneville record.. anyone want to buy it for and team up for an attempt?
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #11380
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
That MXC is the bike I need to beat a bonneville record.. anyone want to buy it for and team up for an attempt?
That sounds like fun...only two problems, time & money.
How fast will that big two stroke go?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #11381
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
that sounds cool.

but in the meantime, i'm demoing my new house tomorrow all are invited to come over and break stuff. free food and drinks...
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #11382
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
that sounds cool.

but in the meantime, i'm demoing my new house tomorrow all are invited to come over and break stuff. free food and drinks...
Chip,
When and where, I'd like to get there just in time for the food.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #11383
chip
Follow Me

Oddometer: 1,763
around noon. 147 trout lake dr, sanger, 93657. i'll make sure there is enough pizza, fried chicken, and beer. the perfect mix to fuel our minds, body, and soul... for destruction.

chip screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 07:30 AM
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #11384
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
around noon. 147 trout lake dr, sanger, 93657. i'll make sure there is enough pizza, fried chicken, and beer. the perfect mix to fuel our minds, body, and soul... for destruction.
have fun, I wish I could be there
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #11385
mudpig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Question wk2surf

wrote:
"That MXC is the bike I need to beat a bonneville record.. anyone want to buy it for and team up for an attempt? "
What class would that be? I might be interested, maybe get a few others to chip in a few$, if more specifics...
Might be a chance to get our 15 minutes of fame, could talk with some friends if I had more info....
mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote