Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 04:56 AM   #556
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,802
Uh oh....the Trail Stand guy's personal anti-flat karma ran out, at least I made it home before it went flat, so I got that goin for me
I'll be using the Trail Stand to fix this today and I'll document the process, maybe even add a few flat fixing tips.....stay tuned

Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 12-01-2012 at 05:02 AM
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #557
biensur22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Mine arrived a few weeks ago. I immediately drove out to ocotillo, hit the throttle up a wash, and found a large jagged rock on which to pop my front tube. All so I could put this thing to use (it was burning a hole in my gear bag).

It worked well despite my inability to use it properly (as should be made evident by the harsh lean angle). Still very pleased and glad i didn't have to throw the bike on its side to get the job done. Thanks guys! Awesome product.

Past Rides: 1994 KTM 400 EXC WP/D LC4 - Plated; 2001 BMW F650GS Thumper; 1970 CB175; 2003 KLR250
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #558
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biensur22 View Post
Mine arrived a few weeks ago. I immediately drove out to ocotillo, hit the throttle up a wash, and found a large jagged rock on which to pop my front tube. All so I could put this thing to use (it was burning a hole in my gear bag).

It worked well despite my inability to use it properly (as should be made evident by the harsh lean angle). Still very pleased and glad i didn't have to throw the bike on its side to get the job done. Thanks guys! Awesome product.

Thanks for the post biensur22!
To help stability on almost any bike the more vertical the bike is when on the Trail Stand the more down force on it and the stability increases greatly, especially when lifting the front wheel.
I posted the pic below to show how something under the kickstand to get the bike as vertical as practical before placing the Trail Stand increases the down force on the Trail Stand.
Obviously you wont be carrying a piece of wood like this but a flat rock or something should do the trick.

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #559
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Got a Flat on the trail, you need an Enduro Star Trail Stand, it packs small and is ready when you need it!
Questions, post them up here

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #560
Hawkdryvr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I Got Mine!!

Steve received my order yesterday and it arrived in my mailbox TODAY!! Wow. Unbelievable. And that's not the best part ... this stand is STRONG. Pictures don't do it justice. If it weren't for everyone on this thread saying how wonderful it is, I probably wouldn't have bought it for fear that it wasn't stout enough. Well, that initial impression was absolutely unfounded. Great buy. Steve was great to deal with too. I sent him a couple emails asking some questions and he was super quick in getting back to me. Great partnership between buyer and seller. I can't recommend this highly enough.

Keith
Hawkdryvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:53 AM   #561
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkdryvr View Post
Steve received my order yesterday and it arrived in my mailbox TODAY!! Wow. Unbelievable. And that's not the best part ... this stand is STRONG. Pictures don't do it justice. If it weren't for everyone on this thread saying how wonderful it is, I probably wouldn't have bought it for fear that it wasn't stout enough. Well, that initial impression was absolutely unfounded. Great buy. Steve was great to deal with too. I sent him a couple emails asking some questions and he was super quick in getting back to me. Great partnership between buyer and seller. I can't recommend this highly enough.

Keith
Thanks Keith, USPS Priority mail is almost always 2-3 day deliver in the U.S. sometimes it's even faster!

Yep the Trail Stand is made from steel, so it can be strong but still take up as little space as possible and it only weighs 10 ounces!. I've had several people say the couldn't believe how small I box it comes in but still it can extend high enough to do the job on any bike I have found. I've seen some aluminum types but guess what, they are 3 times the volume of material and take up much more room to pack and weigh the same as the Trail Stand made from steel. Everyone likes Aluminum but sometimes the right choice for performance to weight ratio and size is good old steel.

Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 05:00 AM
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #562
biensur22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Proved itself yet again, this time propping up a prize-winning pig.

Thank you for this wonderful tool. I never leave without it.

Past Rides: 1994 KTM 400 EXC WP/D LC4 - Plated; 2001 BMW F650GS Thumper; 1970 CB175; 2003 KLR250
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 AM   #563
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biensur22 View Post
Proved itself yet again, this time propping up a prize-winning pig.

Thank you for this wonderful tool. I never leave without it.
Thanks for the good words, and the excellent pic!

It looks like you have a good stable position there. For others who might not know, if you lift the font wheel you can increase the stability by decreasing the lean angle on the kickstand by getting the bike close to vertical by placing something under the kickstand as shown above in post 558
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 02-03-2013 at 04:38 AM
Old 02-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #564
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there

Oddometer: 443
Any advice on how one person can get the rear wheel in the air? Front?

I have a 690 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprocketTX View Post
In short, the Trail Stand works on the KTM 690 Enduro…

All in all, it’s a simple, solid tool that should make trailside tire repairs a whole lot easier. Beats the heck out of locating a rock/log, etc. Wrap included velcro around the front brake, turn the bars left, stand on the right, lean bike on kick stand and slide Trail Stand in place (your technique may vary). Easy...

Glad I bought it, would buy again. No affiliation, financial incentive, etc. Just a happy customer…

Only design suggestion I’d make would be some type of tether for the pin, top “hook”, and maybe run it through a hole in the “foot”. Would make it a lot less likely to lose the very pieces you need to do the job. Oh, and a bigger diameter foot perhaps? Maybe make it folding to save space?

A bit exaggerated (the rear at least), but the pics below show where I hooked it on my bike just to see how it worked. While I wouldn’t want to hang off the bike, it was surprisingly stable.

thorinoakenshield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #565
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;20695447
Any advice on how one person can get the rear wheel in the air? Front?

I have a 690 too.
Hi thorinoakenshield,

Basically you set the Trail Stand to a level that will get the rear or front wheel about and inch off the ground, each bike is different and once you find that lever you can mark the extension rod with a sharpie for something like that to give you a good starting point, it still may vary a bit on different surfaces.

To lift the rear, after using the front brake strap to lock the front brake with the front wheel turned all the way to the left, I usually stand by the rear wheel looking forward and use my hip to knudge the bike over on the kickstand while I grab a hand hold on the left rear subframe area and slip the Trails Stand (with the height already set) under the foot peg area. The 690 looks like a bit of a challenge to find a good spot where it cant slip since there isn't a regular frame. Maybe even a spot on the front of the swingarm might be better, remember you want to make sure it cannot slip out, unless the bike is lifted off of it. Again the front brake strap locks the front wheel and helps stability significantly, ALWAYS use it.

To lift the front turn the wheel to the left with the bike in gear and kneel on one leg, your right leg, under the handlebar, push STRAIGHT UP on the right side handle bar and slip the Trail Stand into a good spot in a skidplate like the pic above. When lifting the front especially, the more vertical the bike the more stable it will be with the front wheel in the air. Like I have shown above a "spacer" like board or a flat rock can help this stability dramatically, depending on the bike. The user always needs to decide the best method of use for safety, sometimes it may take help by a friends foot, or big rock, on the right side of the rear wheel to stop the bike from wanting to rotate around the kickstand.

These are both easier than they sound, it takes a lot of words to describe pretty simple movements. And if you are riding with a friend it is alway easier for them to stand on the left and grab the area near the back of the seat and tip the bike to the left while you place the stand under the footpeg area, or another good spot to hold up the rear wheel.

I am down to only a few Trail Stands left, the next run is due back from the plater later next week, just to let people know.
Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #566
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Trail Stands are back in stock and shipping, if you have not recieved your shipping email yet you will sometime today!
Thanks very much for your orders and patience while I got restocked!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #567
duckrogers666
Formerly Flying Cow

Oddometer: 40
It's not very often you find the perfect log in the middle of nowhere.....

Ordered a stand today!!!!

"...listen mister, you better not forget what you don't know!" ex-girlfriend
duckrogers666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #568
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

It's on the way Flying Cow....and it's a lot easier to pack than a stump!
Thanks for the order you should see it in 2-3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Cow View Post
It's not very often you find the perfect log in the middle of nowhere.....

Ordered a stand today!!!!
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 08:26 AM
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #569
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,475
Thumb

Used it again in Bellingham on last years HighAdventureTour!
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #570
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Used it again in Bellingham on last years HighAdventureTour!
Hey Jim, I see the Trail Stand works for the front of the beast too! I check in on the HighAdventureTour thread from time to time, great adventure, and thanks for the pics and the good words!

Cagiva Gran Canyon